• Breaking News

    Monday, July 19, 2021

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday your new question megathread!

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Last weeks thread can be found here.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying.

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    Trial episodes were so Trek: defending humanity, the right of an artificial lifeform, or even a court martial. If STO did an episode based on the storyline, what would the case be?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    "It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." -Q

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    Hey People, live long and in Peace. Anyone Know what Kind of Roadmap we can expect After the Summer Event? What Kind of Content they Working on?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Let's make the Risa Chandelier Party Accolade REAL!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    Question about favors

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    I'm wondering, do Lohlunat Favors sell better on the exchange before/at the beginning of the Risa event or toward the end? Where's the bigger demand, from people who want the good stuff before it starts or from people who want the good stuff before it's over and they have to wait another year?

    submitted by /u/Necroglobule
    [link] [comments]

    Can't say I'm surprised, but Gorn Tunic still can't use 23rd century skin, along with a lot of missing pieces, for at least 4 years now.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Countdown to the new 'Far From Home' lock-box. Decisions, decisions!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    Hello all, seeing that the 'Far From Home' lockbox is going to drop on the console in the next few weeks, I wanted to ask you all for your opinions on the value of the items within the box itself for those that have opened the new box on PC.

    (Note that due to the console exchange, selling keys at 5.5mil instead of the 9.8 on PC, I would only make 550 mil if I sold the 100 keys)

    Over the past 20 days on Risa, I have been grinding, selling Lohlnuts and have made enough to procure 100 keys for the upcoming box. Now, before anyone jumps in with the 'Sell the keys, buy the ship off exchange'. Despite the awesome console and trait you get with the Crossfield Refit, my main goal is to open enough of the boxes to get the lobi for the uniform.

    I was planning to open infinity lockboxes but having seen the numerous fun items/traits/consoles/etc you receive from the new box, I was wondering whether I should just go all in and open the new lockbox or just open the infinity box instead.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Venusian_Aikido
    [link] [comments]

    Best Faction

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    Criticism is fine, but try to be a bit more sympathetic than this guy. It was late, I was tired and braindead, and I was just trying to get though grinding out a bunch of RTFOs and ambush kills.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Question about endgame content

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    Hi. Ive been playing Star trek online for the last week , really enjoying the game. The only part of the game im not enjoying right now is the looking for group and random red events on the map , mainly due to it involving other people that seem to be way overpowered against the enemies.
    My first encounter with a borg cube was ruined in this way when a player one-shot a borg cube.

    My question is : "Is it gonna be any harder in the endgame content? , or am i leveling up to get to the point of instantly killing everything myself without any difficulties?"

    submitted by /u/Leif_Lund
    [link] [comments]

    why do I keep breaking my game... note, I tested it, it's impossible to die on Risa, you can take 100% damage but you will survive with no issues

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    "And then, when they added the 7th and 8th CHUs, and they were doing the CHU CHU, CHU CHU, CHU CHU, CHU CHU Dance: they're GENIUSES!" (aka it's possible to get 4 CHU CHU dances during 1 party)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Wait a minute, this guy is floating!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    New account; can't login?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    EDIT: Tried a day later and it works fine. Guess there was just a many, many hour delay in account creation?

    So, I downloaded the game on Steam, and then created a new account on arcgames.com via the link in the launcher for the game that is launched by Steam. After creating an account, I went back to the Steam launcher and I tried to log in with the username and password I created, but it said invalid username and password. I Googled it and some people said to use my email address instead, so I did that. Still didn't work. Tried resetting my password three times. Didn't work. Tried downloading the Arc launcher and doing all the same steps. Still says I have the wrong password. Tried creating a completely new account, went through all of those steps again in both the Steam version and the Arc launcher. Still wrong password.

    Does anyone know what I'm missing? Is this a known bug?

    Thanks so much for helping me figure this out in any case! Was really looking forward to trying this game out...

    submitted by /u/AtTheVioletHour
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Ground patrols can never be repeated once an alt completes it? Is there any reason for this?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    Keybind issues with Dvorak layout

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    Does anybody else have issues with the keybinds in this game? I use the Dvorak keyboard layout (the important thing to know is that the left hand home row is AOEU instead of ASDF), and every time I load into a ground map, my O (your S) gets re-bound to the social menu. Most of the other keybinds are fine, but every time I try to back up, I end up with a screen popping up instead. Cycling shooter mode fixes it, but I don't usually remember until I'm in combat, and it's driving me nuts.

    I've tried switching my keyboard layout back to QWERTY, but it still happens. I'm at a loss to figure out what's going on. It would be too much of a coincidence for this not to be related to my keyboard layout, since O is the default button for the social window, but why would it keep re-binding it to default when the other buttons work fine?

    Has anybody else had similar issues? Could there be some sort of master keybind file, that's separate from each character's setup? I don't know what to try next...

    submitted by /u/Alnakar
    [link] [comments]

    Risian Summer Kit Modules autofire?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    Before I dump thousands of Lohlnut Favors for these kit modules, can someone tell me if any of them can be set to autofire on the console? The STO Wiki never mentions if kit modules (and ship console abilities) can be autofired on the xbox or PS. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MaestroSartoriX
    [link] [comments]

    Borg Command Diamond

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    Alright I've been stuck fighting this thing for the past 16 minutes any ideas on how to murder this thing. The problem is the thing regenerates too quickly and massively. It's incredibly hard to even get it down to 92 percent let alone penetrate it's shields.

    submitted by /u/Crumboa
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why Section 31 vanity shield is no longer black but dark grey

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    What has changed, like when did change happen cuz I was really excited for finally having it and trying it out and now no longer ship is not black but gray

    edit

    also of course reddit trolls will downvote me for asking legit question, I didnt expect anything else so trolls just downvote away cuz you dont know anything else anyway

    how stupid I am really ?? right, for expecting any help on r/sto, sorry for bothering you really and for not agreeing with your hive mind

    live long and prosper and troll away like usual

    another edit

    just few examples where it is shown that this shield used to actually be black

    Literally all this shields as you can see are all black and none of them are grey, so yes

    SHIELD HAS CHANGED

    submitted by /u/RickV6
    [link] [comments]

    How do I travel to different sectors?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    So like the title says I am having trouble going to different Sectors, in this case specifically, I am trying to get back to the Sylleran Sector. I have tried looking it up to no avail does anyone know how to get back there?

    submitted by /u/Zenie250
    [link] [comments]

    Second Wave Mission Broken?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    I'm not getting the duty officer assignments from Shon like the internet says I should be. What's up? Is it another one of those things where it doesn't recognize me coz I'm a Disco captain? Coz I'll be mad if it is.

    submitted by /u/Belligerent_Mirror
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment