• Breaking News

    Monday, April 5, 2021

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday (and somehow April already) and a new question megathread!

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying.

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    Request: please make the Legendary D7's trait suck a lot less, it may well be the new worst ship trait in STO.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Just took this bird out for a spin to unlock the trait, Shall We Not Revenge. I didn't think it would be possible to be more disappointed in an ability than my current disappointment with Feedback Pulse, but this is at least twice as bad as FBP.

    Damage reflection is so excessively crippled in STO that the abilities might as well be removed, and this is probably the most egregious example I've seen yet. Hard cap of 50% reflection, no more is possible, and don't expect to reach it often either.

    Jesus, I think Demolition Teams might be more useful than this trait.

    submitted by /u/Station_Tight
    [link] [comments]

    Don't Mind Us, We Just Came To Shoot The Borg

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    Divide & Conquer

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    Came up with this based off a conversation about a T6 Oberth in Redditchat

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    Powerful

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    I did some ground weapon DPS testing on mission Partisans [link to chart inside]

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I did in the past some ground weapon DPS testing for myself (kinda like this), but I did it on Nukara and it wasn't really reliable as enemies didn't spawn regular or other players were interfering - so I wasn't really happy with the results although the numbers were kinda okay.

    My goal was to have enemies all the time and have the weapons shooting without a break; like the test space map on Tribble - but there is no such place for ground so I was looking for something similar.

    In the arena of the mission Partisans enemies spawn continuously so my idea was to have the weapons fire 100% - without a single break/pause.

    I know in the arena are some friendly NPCs which also do a bit of damage but I think this is okay as they don't do much and also the damage was happening all the time during the test. If you are not happy with my test, it´s fine, but still I´d like to share with you my test results.

    For the test I had:
    - No active buffs, only passives (okay the gambling devices was active ^^)
    - Elite difficult (so enemies don't die too fast)
    - standing still in the center of the arena
    - autofire enabled
    - all 3 spawn points active
    - no targeting (selecting enemies on attack) so always the nearest enemy gets attacked automatically without being selected (has some real advantages!)
    - zoomed out to have 360° overview and autofire gets all enemies in sight / range
    - NOT using the aim stance
    - boffs far far away and no combat pets in range
    - all tested weapons are epic, 4xdm + dm/critd

    The results can be found here: LINK to chart

    I know these results aren't 100% my own damage; as written before some NPCs add their dmg, and it really doesn't represent STO ground combat playstyle as not always enemies are near when doing usual missions or TFOs.
    I just wanted to know what is the maximum DPS of most epic weapons I own!

    Any comments are welcome, also maybe you have another suggestion for a better ground dps testing zone.

    submitted by /u/DrHusten
    [link] [comments]

    Cosmetics question

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    So we can customize our ships. Customize our bridge officers. Basically customize every aspect of the game.

    So why can't we customize which communicator we use (i.e. commbadge, handheld communicator, wrist) and for that matter, how we warp out? I know some will be lockbox exclusive unlocks, like the Discovery warp, but why not let us choose between Current or Discovery era? Why have us make a specific character to get that? Why not let us mix and match?

    submitted by /u/SkullheartVanguard
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Satellite Defense for 3 hours. Recommendations?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    I've been doing Satellite Defense (Kelsid System Patrol) for the past 3 hours. The problem that I am facing is that the Vaadwaur vessels are too overpowered for me, especially the Heavy Artillery Vessel. I have restarted the patrol several times, played for hours but to no avail. I am stuck because the Polaron Cannon Barrage is just too much for me. As soon as I respawn, I am just bombarded with the barrage and it doesn't stop. The whole battlefield is basically one endless polaron barrage, my damage history is filled with mentions of the barrage. I am pulling all the defensive maneuvers and abilities that I can, evasive, command abilities, fleet support, but they all fail me. Any/all evasives are practically useless since the entire area is one big barrage that doesn't stop. I've gotten sick of hearing the sound of the barrages firing but there's nothing I can do. The Vaadwaur ships and their attacks seemingly multiply. I (a level 65 Fleet Admiral) am using a T5 Star Cruiser with Mk 12 to 14, Rare to Very Rare Gear consisting of Quantum Torpedo launchers, Tricobalt and Tractor Mine Launchers, beam arrays and phaser cannons with a Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array and others. I just kinda feel like this patrol is just too overpowered and I just get obliterated right at spawn. I got through the previous Vaadwaur missions with little to moderate difficulty and I kinda expected this to be the same. I need this to progress the Delta Quadrant storyline. I would like to avoid skipping as much as possible but I would if I need to.

    Am I doing anything wrong? Any gear I should have before tackling the patrol once more? Do I need to pay for a T6 ship to win? Should I just skip? Am I just dumb and missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

    Edit: Thank you for all your recommendations and suggestions, it helped a lot. I tried cannons and turrets, and also beam array setups and switched to my Galaxy Class and it cut through Vaadwaur like a hot knife through butter. The Vaadwaur spawn camping is a problem for some other time. If you still have other suggestions, feel free to drop them below, they are much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/nylarkarag_ds9
    [link] [comments]

    star trek undiscovered country, Klingons, Praxis explosion implications after explained?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    I'm curious how the implications of the film impacted canon and events in game?

    What is the present state of the Klingon empire according to the game?

    submitted by /u/patchrhythm
    [link] [comments]

    Mirror MACO uniform

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    Just watched In a Mirror Darkly and now I really want to recreated the Mirror MACO uniform on my main toon, I know the MACO patches aren't in STO so I'll make do with the Mirror Enterprise patches. I have the MACO outfit from the store but does anyone know what part I can use for the vest?, the Discovery vest from that C-store bridge officer I tried but it really doesn't look very good on my FED Klingon (like really it does not fit her at all), I was thinking trying the Terran Guerilla armor but coloured completely black.

    submitted by /u/DaharMasterDahohta
    [link] [comments]

    Cryptic's new fertilizer is really effective, this shrub is brimming with energy!

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    My first Fleet T6 Ship and she is a Beauty

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    Melee combat on Console vs PC

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    I have been playing on the PC for a decade on and off and I love melee ground as Tac or Sci.

    Started on the Xbox and while its a blast the melee combat is pants.

    On the PC I can charge from mob to mob all day using the Mind Meld Device or the Fangs however most of the time the charge does not work on the Console and targeting is a right PITA

    Any tips to improve melee on the cosole ?

    submitted by /u/mcfurrys
    [link] [comments]

    Any Xbox Fleets still active?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    Just getting into the game, I'm interested in a more casual fleet while I get my feet under me. The fleet finder is pretty ridiculous though. Are there any active fleets looking for a new member?

    submitted by /u/BunyipBandit
    [link] [comments]

    The rocket launch FTO Magenta console bugged

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    Hey, I find this TFO fun and really enjoying it but whenever my character gets a Magenta colored console/workbench I am unable to participate in the TFO - I do not receive the indicator that I picked a part, that a part is usable or not, I am unable to interact with my workbenches either. I observed that Magenta rockets get the lowest score all the time so I assume it is not just me.

    There are some posts here about this TFO being bugged the same way but no one connected it to the color of the consloe/workbench yet.

    submitted by /u/MrsMacio
    [link] [comments]

    Alliance Uniform - Colony Style

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Is the Legendary D7 worth picking up in that pack that's 50% off?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    I actually logged in today (haven't for months) and saw the deal on the D7, which I don't know anything about, and saw a few other legendary pack sales, but figured the D7 is the one to consider. I also saw the 7500 zen sitting in my account, so I figured I might pick something up. Thoughts?

    And when does the sale on it end? I wanna grab it tonight if it goes away after today.

    submitted by /u/DrGrabAss
    [link] [comments]

    MACO helmet issue

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Hey has anyone had a problem finding out how to put the helmet on when you unlock the MACO set? The option does not show up in the head edit settings when doing a new uniform. I have this problem on an alien character.

    submitted by /u/Memberg
    [link] [comments]

    Defensive Drone Guardians - Privateer Lockbox

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if this console is still bugged, or has it been fixed so the drones attack like they used to?

    submitted by /u/canihaveyourstuffz
    [link] [comments]

    Same Rocket Station?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Since this event began no matter which character I'm on I always seem to get the blue rocket station, is anyone else finding they repeatedly get the same color? Not that it matters to the completion I just found it interesting.

    submitted by /u/Race-b
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment