• Breaking News

    Friday, March 12, 2021

    Star Trek Online Kate Mulgrew on Twitter: What’s this I hear about a Janeway-class ship? She’s a beauty and looks ready for all sorts of adventures! Go boldly, with my blessing ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ––๐Ÿป Thanks to @trekonlinegame & @thomasthecat for sharing with me; ship model by Tobias Richter & screenshot by Donny Versiga

    Star Trek Online Kate Mulgrew on Twitter: What’s this I hear about a Janeway-class ship? She’s a beauty and looks ready for all sorts of adventures! Go boldly, with my blessing �������� Thanks to @trekonlinegame & @thomasthecat for sharing with me; ship model by Tobias Richter & screenshot by Donny Versiga


    Kate Mulgrew on Twitter: What’s this I hear about a Janeway-class ship? She’s a beauty and looks ready for all sorts of adventures! Go boldly, with my blessing �������� Thanks to @trekonlinegame & @thomasthecat for sharing with me; ship model by Tobias Richter & screenshot by Donny Versiga

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:26 AM PST

    I finished the Romulan Mystery storyline and this paint job was on my ship. Never seen it before, and it's "saved" to the ship when logging back in so far.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:27 PM PST

    What happens when you reach the object limit. [Bug]

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:10 PM PST

    PC Patrol: Ninth Rule broken since Mar 11 patch

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 05:12 AM PST

    Ninth rule appears to be broken on multiple attempts now, Madran hides after the first 2 packs of enemies spawn, triggers the next part but then you cannot tractor him to the Birmingham because he does not reappear.
    Edit: Interesting I've run this so many times as its one of my faves for quick mastery levels but I stand corrected as it's new. Thank's everyone for the workaround!

    submitted by /u/RisgyRheoli
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know about you, but I think my Disco Klingon recruit looks great in TOS duds.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:09 PM PST

    Galaxy Class Starship - Star Trek Online

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:23 AM PST

    Look at this Horta vibe with excitement

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:02 AM PST

    Recent Legendary Bundle Ship Parts are previewable in the Ship Tailor

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:34 AM PST

    Don't recall seeing parts for the new Legendary ships in the Ship Tailor before yesterday's patch, so I think this is new. However selecting them will not make them "stick" as a selection to proper preview a kitbash using them. Only viewable so long as you hover the mouse over the parts in question.

    submitted by /u/ScherzicScherzo
    [link] [comments]

    It's very strange we never got a DISCO recruitment event

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 02:11 AM PST

    I've been thinking about how much I want a temporal agent recruitment event, and I'm glad/hopeful we'll be getting a rerun of that sometime this year (who knows when tho). But the recent KDF recruitment event made me think how DISCO characters never actually got one at all.

    The usual practice has been to launch a recruitment event coinciding with a big content update that includes new factions. Year of Klingon got a KDF exclusive recruitment event after all the early KDF content was updated. This made me think of the various Age of Disco content updates that had a similar amount of effort put into an entire faction and a starting experience for it and yet no DISCO specific recruitment event coincided with it.

    I'm also reminded of how a few weeks ago Kael said on a podcast that one of the issues and challenges for a Temporal agent rerun has been updating the TOS starting experience to conform with current standards; standards that were set by the updates to animations and cutscenes made by both Victory is Life and Age of Discovery. (For whatever it's worth Gamma recruitment has been run twice since ViL launched) While that might be a valid reason for TOS characters not getting a rerun of Temporal recruitment since literally Agents of Yesterday launched, it makes me wonder why DISCO characters never got an event at all.

    I used to think that one of the delays for temporal recruitment event was due to trying to adapt it to include Disco characters, since Disco characters use the same plot mechanism of getting thrown into the future by Daniels, but now I'm thinking maybe they could make a unique one just for Disco characters. Same goes for a Romulan and Starfleet 2410 recruitment event that isn't a rerun of Delta. What do you think they're going to do? Before YoK's last update I never would have expected a KDF exclusive recruitment event.

    submitted by /u/Stofsk
    [link] [comments]

    Cryptic wasted a perfect opportunity to give more access to the Superior Infiltrator Bridge Officer Trait.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 02:46 AM PST

    Yesterday, I learned that one of the KDF recruit rewards was a Bridge Officer with access to the Superior Infiltrator trait. If people don't know this trait is only accessible to Reman Bridge Officers. While there is 1 Reman Bridge Officer available cross-faction, it does not have access to this trait or it's Infiltrator counterpart. This means that access to the trait had previously been locked as part of the Romulan Republic.

    If anyone doesn't know, when LoR was released way back in the day, Cryptic made a bunch of things exclusive to Romulan Republic captains (e.g. non Tactical Superior Romulan Operatives) to entice players to create characters for that faction, with wild success. 8 years later and we finally get a non-Romulan Republic locked Bridge Officer and it's part of the KDF Recruitment Event. Cool right? You'd assume this is now something that can be claimed by all Characters on an Account? Nah they locked it to the KDF Recruitment character only. Not available to other characters on your account.

    Maybe I am just salty because I found a reward in the otherwise lukewarm KDF Recruitment that I had any interest in, just to do some research to find out that my main character can't use it, because he's not a KDF Recruit. I thought that Cryptic already learned this lesson - It is abhorrently expensive and time consuming for some players to even consider using other characters on their account. It's not even fathomable to me to use my KDF Recruit in any serious capacity because it would cost me billions of EC just to put it at the level of my main (FED) character, and very little outside of making all traits account reclaimable (like they do with the Legendary Traits) would change my mind.

    Cryptic, please make some of these really cool KDF Recruit rewards account reclaimable. This Bridge Officer which only required 50 Ambush kills is way more unique and interesting than even the Starship trait that you get from 1000 Ambush kills.

    Or just put this trait, and other rare traits (e.g. non-Tactical SRO, Subterfuge, ect.) in the Zen Store / Lobi Store / Lockbox and have people spend to get them. It's a no-brainer and gets you more money.

    submitted by /u/79215185-1feb-44c5
    [link] [comments]

    My main has a flaming sword and Abe Lincoln's axe now. Hey devs when can I start dual wielding melee weapons?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:51 PM PST

    Uh oh, I'm all covered in blood again. This is going to be a long report in my personal log.

    submitted by /u/bathwhat
    [link] [comments]

    How tolerant is this game towards network dropouts?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:33 AM PST

    Going to be spending a long time in a car soon and there's cell reception most of the way, dropouts may be a few minutes at a time, I've never really taken much notice. Would more than a few seconds get me kicked back to the login screen?

    submitted by /u/bluejeans90210
    [link] [comments]

    Eyepatches

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:03 AM PST

    Does anyone know how I might acquire the eyepatch for Klingons that resembles the one General Chang wore? I keep seeing his likeness in thread and can't figure out where that piece comes from.

    submitted by /u/Quxel
    [link] [comments]

    Mars, Bringer of War

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:00 AM PST

    So, hopefully this will be solved tomorrow when I log back in and restart, but, for 30 minutes or so I was just flying around, no update coming to my objectives, got to the area for quest start, destroyed the two federation ships there, and then nothing, it kept telling me to repel federation attackers that did not exist anymore, any one else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/DeadHead6747
    [link] [comments]

    Best ship for klingon tac

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 07:20 AM PST

    So I made a klingon because of the recruit event. Was just wondering what ships should I try to get either from the exchange or zen store I have 3000 zen I've been sitting on. I know its not slot. My klingon is a tac officer if that matters I'm still new and learning. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Reythas
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a glitch in the Fleet Leader ranks?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:49 AM PST

    Hi all I need to ask a question before getting paranoid. Is there a glitch in the Max Fleet rank where it is automatically putting characters on at the highest rank on demote to the next rank down or is another max rank person actively trying to demote my characters?. I ask as the demote is either someone doing it intentionally or the system is incorrectly flagging characters as not logged in for the trigger to claim fleet leadership.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Koppite1611
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Molor's Flaming Sword!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:46 AM PST

    Now this is not about that some things you would think would get grabbed by it, don't. Like the flying things in the V oth zone. Or really anything about its function. The real issue is now that I have obtained it I have to make another alt. Sure its now the go to melee weapon on all my alts not using MMD, but this weapon just begs for a character made for it as their signature weapon.

    submitted by /u/dofffman
    [link] [comments]

    cooldowns vs time change

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:36 AM PST

    Just wondering what happens with the 20-hour event cooldown (and/or other cooldowns) when there is a time change on the clocks?

    Does the cooldown adjust ? Or does it stay 20-hours ?

    submitted by /u/Paul_B_Hartzog
    [link] [comments]

    Star Trek Online's Concept and Ship Artists Hector Ortiz and Ian Richards were on Ship-Talking Pod this week to chat about the journey in-game ships take from concept to model, animation/FX of ship parts, and more! (mp3 inside, 31 min)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:42 AM PST

    Requests: tooltips for manuals and non-ship seat training

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 10:57 PM PST

    Could we get tooltips for manuals instead of the generic "allows you to train one Bridge Officer" so it's easier to see what manuals do, especially when purchasing from the BOff Trainer or choosing from a choice box?

    Additionally - and this would require some time, probably - but could we get a way to train BOffs outside of ship seating?

    So instead of having to wait for a Commander Pilot seat to train our BOff, could we get a way to train our Pilot BOff in a Commander ability, even if we're flying a LtCdr Command seat ship?

    submitted by /u/The_Trekspert
    [link] [comments]

    KDF Recruitment changes to Reward BOFF after patch

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:34 PM PST

    How much grinding or not being able to do specific missions until a certain level, is there?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 07:57 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment