• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 17, 2021

    Star Trek Online Help with Tailor

    Star Trek Online Help with Tailor


    Help with Tailor

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 05:32 AM PST

    Hi, my brother plays this game A LOT and he finds it useful for coordination and making friends because he has Down's Syndrome.

    What he is trying to do is make a team of characters in the "Tailor" shop who resemble his real friends who have Down's. He is using the base character of a "Tallarite" and I have seen the models he has made and while they look good, he is hoping to improve them by modifying their facial features and foreheads, etc.

    Does anyone have any experience of making designs like this who could give advice? I know it's an unusual request, but I'm sure that even in space in the future there will be lifeforms with Down's or similar, so he is really just trying to make the game realistic.

    submitted by /u/joeythedeacon
    [link] [comments]

    We'll know it's the end when we finally take him down...

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Improve the Bat’leth of Sto’Vo’Kor to MK XIV is not triggering for my recruit.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 07:15 AM PST

    I've upgraded the weapon to MK XV and it hasn't given me the tech upgrade reward and such. Is this a know bug and is there a fix to it?

    submitted by /u/Avian1Alpha
    [link] [comments]

    I’m on my 12th character!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:02 PM PST

    How much real money do you spend on average?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:07 AM PST

    So I'm just curious. Speaking for myself, I just can't justify the costs of the mega bundles, Mudd's market stuff (even on sale). It's not that I don't want the contents, but the fact is that Zen does come with a real life price tag. I do own several T6 ships, but most of them were bought with some kind of sale going on. I mean, just one T6 ship comes up to about 30 euros/dollars/whatever you have. For what amounts to, ultimately, a digital plaything. Personally, that's something I can justify every once in a while. I recently picked up the Shran with a 50% off coupon from Eaglemoss, and at that price point it's a lot more palatable for me. Occasionally I'll pick some cheaper stuff up, like a uniform or some keys foe the hell of it, but with those I feel like I get exactly my money's worth at their price point.

    I should clarify, I don't mind supporting a game I love in the least. But I'm simply not made of money, and I do have a family to support in real life.

    So I guess my question is: what is your budget for STO like on say a monthly or yearly basis? How much are you willing to spend?

    submitted by /u/EonGrace
    [link] [comments]

    An enemy tardigrade on Nimbus? Are you lost or something?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 11:34 PM PST

    Just started playing a week ago because my Boyfriend kept asking me to play. Guess I'm hooked now.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:36 PM PST

    Give me 10- and 20-day reputation projects and I guarantee I'll get every character to T6 in every rep. But make me click 1,560 times to get one character from T5 to T6 and it ain't happenin'.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:32 PM PST

    If you couldn't guess from the title, I would very much like extended reputation projects that require less clicking in order to make progress. This would encourage meaningful engagement in the game by encouraging us to play the content to earn reputation marks, without the painful, mind-numbing, carpal-tunnel inducing clicking of grinding through the reps every day. I want to click on bad guys and make them blow up, not ctrl-click on "Fill all" 13 times a day. I wouldn't even care if it completely gave up any dil reward for the project; I would give up the 17k dil per rep that clicking through the dailies provides.

    Please - can we have 10-day and 20-day projects?

    submitted by /u/Perrin42
    [link] [comments]

    Budget Build - Malon Battlecruiser T5 - Better Audio Version :)

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 03:01 AM PST

    Graphics issue - please help

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:25 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Please can anyone help with a graphical bug I have been experiencing?

    I am currently using the Reman Prototype for a shield visual. Unfortunately, I have a bug where when my ship menu is open the ship appears like this, and when it is closed it appears like this.

    I'm not even sure which one is the bug but I think it's supposed to look like the first image.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Selfish-Gene
    [link] [comments]

    3 Minutes of pure Hurq carnage

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 09:42 AM PST

    Is anyone else having problems donating Prisoners or Colonists to the Fleet Project "Coordinate Colonization Efforts". Or are we no longer able to participate in the Trek tradition of building a Penal Colony?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:05 PM PST

    Not gonna be so calm when they realize their legs are phased into stone....

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:51 PM PST

    Straight Outta Qo'nos

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:56 PM PST

    Just for the record: putting the monk robes and worf boff in the legendary bundle was a real jerk move

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 11:35 AM PST

    We all know why they put those things in there: because the bundle sucks and they were scrambling to find something extra to throw in. But by making those things exclusive to the bundle, that means now you have to buy a sucky bundle to get them (which I won't). For the record, that is a real jerk move Cryptic.

    submitted by /u/trekgasm
    [link] [comments]

    Captain Paris is scared of spiders...

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    Can you guess where, me, Tovan (not in pic), Hiven and the Doctor (EMH) were visiting?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 09:44 AM PST

    Intel and Command Ship Specializations In Need of Update

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 01:55 PM PST

    Intelligence and Command ships were the first two full ship specializations releases, way back with the release of Delta Rising for Intel and a few months after than for Command. As with most things in STO from that era, it has been left behind by years of power creep. But these can't really be allowed to fall behind, because they are a large part of the draw to the ships that feature them. Intel (Active Sensor Arrays) and Command (Inspiration) specialization mechanics need an update. Several recent ship releases (and upcoming releases) that feature these mechanics have been met with lukewarm responses, with the other three mechanics behind far more desirable to many players (Pilot Maneuvers, Molecular Reconstruction, and MWs extra console and power levels).

    Intelligence Starships:

    Intel starships typically feature Active Sensor Arrays/Gather Intel, Warp Signature Masking, and improved cloaking abilities. Warp Signature Masking is unfortunately, mostly useless in a game where if you aren't in combat, you probably aren't contributing to the mission; it needs a revamp. Active Sensor Arrays and cloaking are at direct odds, using one locks you out of the other. Active Sensor Arrays takes more time to stack to effectiveness that most targets live. Cloak can be very situational, and the ships that have the basic cloak will only get to use it for the opening salvo. All told, your Intel ship might only get to cloak for the ambush bonus on the start of combat and only the hardened 'boss' of the mission might be worth even trying to get Gather Intel stacked on meaning you might as well have just flown a non-spec ship for the mission.

    Command Starships:

    Command starships feature the Inspiration mechanic, and no other additional features from the spec. Inspiration takes time to charge up, and often may only see a few uses in a mission. Originally, the whole teams BOff ability usage charged it, but, if I remember correctly, it was a huge strain on servers and was changed to only reference your own abilities, but at a higher rate than before. Command BOff abilities and the CBC Command Platforms set are the only way to increase the build rate of Inspiration. If you don't fly a CBC or use much of the Command BOff abilities, you might see very few full inspiration meters.

    My amateur thoughts toward addressing these perceived shortcomings are this:

    Rework Active Sensor Arrays/Gather Intel in to a toggle that reduces the max power level of all systems in exchange for building stacks of Gather Intel on yourself for each enemy in range. Once stacked, Expose Vulnerabilities can be used, but now as a target centered AoE (since we mostly face swarms of targets now). Replace Warp Signature Masking with a stacking buff, that once at full charge (60 seconds?), you can cloak in combat regardless of cloak version and are immune to damage for several seconds, removing the stacking to start anew.

    Have a fully charged Inspiration meter when entering a system, and have captain powers also contribute to the meter. Make "command" ships unusually resilient craft with a passive buff to damage reduction (not damage resistance, but damage reduction) or allow them a threat modification multiplier.

    submitted by /u/mreeves7
    [link] [comments]

    Where have my loadouts gone?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 08:37 AM PST

    As the title says, my ship loadouts are gone. The "save loadout" button leads to a greyed out "new loadout slot" option. My saved loadouts have disappeared. Has something changed that I've missed?

    submitted by /u/Psyklo7
    [link] [comments]

    Updates to the Legendary Amby

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 12:07 PM PST

    Withering Barrage from Klingon-Recruit on my Federation Character?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:27 AM PST

    Hey, is it possible to get the Straship-Trait "Withering Barrage" from the gifted K6 Bird of Prey on the Klingon-Recruit for my Federation Character?

    submitted by /u/Captain_Schleifkork
    [link] [comments]

    Too many ships

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 06:48 AM PST

    I've been playing since console launch and have accumulated countless T6 and lockbox ships that are now gathering dust in drydock. Between Rom, KDF and Fed ships; I don't seem to fly them all. Recently I've been flying a old T5U Lukari UFO. Do many of you fly every single ship that you own?

    submitted by /u/False_Deal_4041
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the banners at starfleet academy say class of 2404?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 06:41 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment