• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Star Trek Online Q's Winter Wonderland is returning next week. Dare you return to the wintery paradise?

    Star Trek Online Q's Winter Wonderland is returning next week. Dare you return to the wintery paradise?


    Q's Winter Wonderland is returning next week. Dare you return to the wintery paradise?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Our fleet holding a torchlight minute of silence for a fleet member who has passed away.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:17 PM PST

    Oh no.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:07 PM PST

    Changed up the look of my Legendary Galaxy class

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:10 AM PST

    odd bug with Best Served Cold

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:05 AM PST

    just did my daily run of the tfo and some endeavours it being start of the endeavours daily cycle, one was repair hull(working as expected the defense sattelites make doing it easy), the other one i got done was kill gorn on nimbus, apparently those haulers are being crewed by kamikaze rogue gorn from nimbus :)

    submitted by /u/blindio10
    [link] [comments]

    Best ship on the exchange for 500M or less

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:56 AM PST

    Thanks to some farming and saving I've managed to stockpile 500M in EC. I've seen a few tasty looking options as far as ships but I want to make an educated purchase. The Kelvin Dreadnought? Husnock Warship? Discovery Spearhead? What's the consensus?

    submitted by /u/TheWickedWarpig-9797
    [link] [comments]

    My latest creation ��

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:19 PM PST

    Double Trouble

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    Star Trek Online TOS Enterprise Bridge Officers Pack

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    My big love the best ship of the Human ships ����

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:45 AM PST

    How important is captain career and race?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:51 AM PST

    My friend and I are coming back to sto and we wanted to take ship building more seriously this time around. I was considering on playing a gorn science officer, and flying mainly big cruisers. Would I be giving myself a big disadvantage? Would I be better going with a different career or race?

    submitted by /u/Revanx22
    [link] [comments]

    Basically new to game and trying to find resources to get questions answered

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:12 AM PST

    I say basically new because I can't remember the last time I tried this game. lol.

    Anyway I'm slogging my way through the Starfleet intros and realizing I'm going to have ALOT of questions and need help. I'd like to join a fleet of laid back players but I also don't want to be a nag with questions. So if there's a place I can go to for most "how to" info, I'd really like to know where it is.

    submitted by /u/DirkBadgewick
    [link] [comments]

    Space Duty Officers help - A balancing act

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Relevant: MW Gagarin Beam boat focusing on Beams: Overload, Aux2Batt & Photonic Officer II, single torp on the fore and aft for Entwined Matrices

    So many great officers and so few slots for them which is why I'm pulling out my hair trying to decide how many of each are actually needed. I've narrowed it down to the following but I can seem to settle on how many of each I should have. This is more vague than usual so I'll apologize before it's pointed out. As always, thanks for any assistance and advice you can offer.

    Technician: Recharge of bridge officer abilities reduced after Auxiliary to Battery

    • A staple for the build, I'm torn between having the max of 3 or only having 2 while Photonic Officer picks up the slack (or replacing the PO II if it's redundant but idk)

    Energy Weapons Officer: Chance for stacking Crit Severity buff on firing Energy Weapons

    • Presently I feel my severity is lacking and this Doff seems to be part of the answer. The VR gives: 4% chance: +10% Critical Severity buff to self for 15 sec (Stacks up to 3 times). Pretty sweet sounding to me and I do currently have a blue Doff

    Energy Weapons Officer: Chance for Beam Overload to cause all attacks against the target to gain Shield Penetration

    • The first shot with Beam Overload has a 30% chance: to increase target's shield bleedthrough by 35% for 4 sec (Max once per 15 seconds). Basically my bread and butter shot gets a 1 in 3 do be even more awesome, but is it awesome?

    Energy Weapons Officer: Chance to reduce the time for any beam special attack (other than subsystem targeting) to recharge after use; 50% chance: Reduce remaining recharge time by 10 sec

    • This is just further cool down reduction and is probably redundant as A2B and PO II affects everything, but 50% for 10sec?!?! Seems wild but of the four, this one is probably not getting slotted.

    So what should be my ratio? I'm considering 3 A2B, 2 Crit Severity and 1 Beam Pen or two of each. There are others I like as well and probably a whole bunch that I haven't considered (feel free to make suggestion). Currently I have Law slotted in for his 20% chance for -5sec off torpedo's but torps are more for the Entwined skill and it seems wrong not to have some. Opinions?

    submitted by /u/AspiringBuddhist
    [link] [comments]

    Romulan Veteran Coat

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:04 AM PST

    Has there been any word on fixing this? The same asset was applied to the "decorated" and "gold" versions. As you can see in the concept art it's not a model or texture change, just a palette alteration. If we could recolour the buckle on the Romulan pants to match that would be an added bonus.

    Call me a stickler but many bought the pack primarily for the cosmetics and some of us have been waiting a long time to get what we paid for. Given the sale perhaps this might get a little more traction.

    submitted by /u/justMeat
    [link] [comments]

    All vanity shields on the Titan

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:24 PM PST

    TIL Ship Mastery Traits stay with the Captain, not the ship

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:34 AM PST

    OK, so I've been playing STO since July 2019, I've been having fun, learning the ropes, not been too active in hunting down the best tips and tricks. I've mostly been figuring it out by myself.

    Today I learn that the reason most of my alts don't have many traits available is that I went straight for a fleet ship with most of them.

    Well, I have something to do in my free time now; unlocking traits on the ships they all have access to.

    submitted by /u/MrGeoffAtkins
    [link] [comments]

    Are they still doing Borg Red Alerts?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:17 AM PST

    I played a few of these a while ago and I liked them and I wanted to know if it's still possible to play this mission. And if so, how.

    submitted by /u/Valorour
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Endeavor Freeze on PC

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:49 AM PST

    I recently noticed that every time I complete a Personal or Universal Endeavor the game stutters for a second when the award is given. Anybody else notice this? It is annoying when in combat, which is how much of these are awarded.

    I have a fairly high-end gaming PC.

    submitted by /u/CTek20
    [link] [comments]

    Just saying thanks to everyone here for making this a more awesome experience and now I know the power of Demorecord��

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Traits are getting reset randomly (consoles too)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:27 PM PST

    I did a few patrols and for 2 everything was OK, after leaving the 3rd several consoles (including my impulse) were gone from my ship and my shields visuals were activated again, after starting the 4th all my traits got completely reset to a loadout that i changed hours ago. No idea what triggered it but its more than annoying.

    submitted by /u/command88
    [link] [comments]

    Mudds pack of dread.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:15 PM PST

    this pack tipped my interest as soon as it was announced. the ships fit my play style, the big question mark was the hive.

    I resisted buying this until today as I wanted to test a few thing out on two of my main toons for a week or so.

    I knew the paradox would be a war crime on my two science mains, and the tarantula would have a home on at least two other toons. but the hive ... seeded like I would waste it.

    I was lucky enough to get a free Donnie from last Xmas or event where some free R&d packs came out. so I have that point of reference. but only that, I don't have any other promo, lockbox or Lobi ships.

    I can totally see why as a promo ship the hive gets alot of shade Thrown at it. why choose that over a juggie, tzen or Donnie. or others far higher up the list. but as part of an account unlock pack this thing really appeals to me. especially as I learn to tank. It can deal damage, attract threat and survive anything.

    honestly going into the dread pack I was worried it would be a waste and I would never use the hive. however I was worried about nothing. Shits good yeah.

    TL;Dr. was worried the hive was a lemon, it's not. no buyers remorse.

    submitted by /u/Thefacthunt
    [link] [comments]

    Game Crashing at Loading Screen

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:56 AM PST

    I've contacted Cryptic about this and I'm at wits end. I've tried so many reinstalls on Steam and the Arc launcher and what feels like all of the ways to get it to run and nothin.

    I'm attempting to install it on my HDD and not my SSD so fingers crossed but I wish I knew what was going on as I just played it yesterday.

    Any help is appreciated. I just wanna go back and play.

    submitted by /u/SRGFernandez
    [link] [comments]

    Quick ship question for beginner, Defiant or T6 scaling

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:07 AM PST

    As above really, first time playing the game (using ps4). I started with TOS story but got stuck early on I think around the doomsday machine levels as I needed a better or easier ship to learn the game with. So I purchased the Federation starter pack and made a new character and I love the scaling T6 Advanced Light Cruiser it really helped. Now in the Delta Quadrant levels, I just got promoted and picked Defiant T4 but I'm now getting my ass handed to me all the time by the Voth. 1 or 2 torpedo hits drains all my shield and I can't rescue the stupid borg separatists. (Also when did borg cubes become so weak?)

    For this playthrough I pretty much want to finish all the Episodes without having to grind too much, so am I better just doing them all in the T6 and then using the ships I won along the way for the side missions and general exploration later on? Because the T6 ship scales, I can't tell how it's comparing right now to a T4.

    Ps. Noticed that the Solanae Shield I have was 6500 on the T6 Nebula and 4500 on Defiant.

    submitted by /u/Gr33nLavaLamp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment