• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    Star Trek Online STO Event Calendar updated

    Star Trek Online STO Event Calendar updated


    STO Event Calendar updated

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Sorry I was a little late on a few things, real life wanted some attention. Should be up to date, but let me know if anything is off or missing.

    (Also, BUTTONS!)

    https://sites.google.com/view/sto-calendar/home

    submitted by /u/CaesarJefe
    [link] [comments]

    Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the 1701-D the FIFTH ship to bear the name and registry?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    To Hell With Honor.... IN SHUTTLES!!

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    Bug Report: Focused Singularity Modulator's Annihilation Mode grants maximum Cutting Tractor Beam's Uni-Console damage stack buff (max: 10) as long as Annihilation Mode is active.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    One heroic ship sorely missing from the museum

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Skill Planner With Stats

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Does the STOA Skill Planner (or some other tool) have a tab that shows the combined stats of all your skills and gear?

    I tried looking for one but came up blank.

    Specifically what I'm looking for is a page/table that has the summed total stats from all your skills and gear. For example, if I have 3 Very Rare Phaser Consoles Mk XII (30% damage each) and 1 Epic Phaser Console Mk XV (39.4%), it would contain something like "Phaser Damage +129.4%". Or adds up various sources of the Exotic Particle Generator skill.

    I like min-maxing and theory crafting builds, but a relatively new player without access to lots of gear, and it seems like a real pain to do so without some way to at a glance look at the total spread of stats. It's particularly relevant when you're trying to hit specific thresholds (for example the CtrlX cap of 400 for maximizing Gravity Well's radius)

    submitted by /u/Chewyspeaker
    [link] [comments]

    Best Risian Starship?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    I have all four of the ships in the poll, and therefore all 3 Risian consoles and the experimental weapon. I just can't figure out which ship to use. The luxury cruiser seems to have the most hull, but is a little slow with low-ish turn-rate. I end up broad-siding with it, but would prefer not to. Unsure of the difference between the corvette and the fleet pilot variant. The weather control vessel seems like it has great shield modifier, but I don't like the weapon layout. Any thoughts?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Xtromo
    [link] [comments]

    Let's make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Hey Cryptic, how about a special "test drive" patrol?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    Here's my idea:

    My wife is shopping for a new vehicle, so we are taking a few out for a test drive. And it got me to thinking...

    Why not have that in STO? Create a special "test drive" patrol where captains can try out brand new ships (or all ships, but at least a selection of newer models). Standard armaments and boffs, but you can fly em, see how they feel in a modest combat engagement, and maybe even fall in love!

    Even it a limited way, it would give every captain the chance to fly the rarest ships, and could even lead to additional sales.

    Plus, you can game it away as holodeck magic or something. Fancy new Quark Enterprises tech or something.

    submitted by /u/gamerpops
    [link] [comments]

    At this exchange rate it will take an est. 138-166 days to refine the required dilithium in order to afford a T6 vessel from the C-Store at 3000Zen...... (and since the exchange rate is dictated SOLELY by the way the game's players sell for Zen, who's actually to blame for the high C-Store prices?)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    I completed the Red Alert event but forgot to claim the prize...

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Now the event tab for the Red Alert is gone and I can't seem to find a way to claim the reward. Have I lost out, or is there another way to claim that I don't know about?

    submitted by /u/TheBeardedSurfer
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an STO Madlad

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Love Sci Fi of all types and only just discovered Star Trek a couple of years ago, after binge watching most of it I discovered STO for PC. I've sunk a fair bit of time into it for a beginner and would really appreciate someone chill to help show me the ropes. I've got Discord and what not, though I live in Australia so timezones might be weird. PM me on Reddit if you would be able to give me a hand! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fuzzyjred
    [link] [comments]

    Server issues

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    I can't log in anymore, got kicked out of the server, managed to get back in to finish my tfo, got kicked out again afterwards and now i can't even enter the game anymore. Cryptic you gotta step your game up homeboy, this is trash.

    submitted by /u/Powner77
    [link] [comments]

    Lower Decks Spoiler

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Let's see if I can format this so that anyone that hasn't seen the latest episode can't see it. The next event item will be a Badgie combat pet!

    submitted by /u/unsaneasylum
    [link] [comments]

    Highest number of assault teams you've seen delivered in counterpoint

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    I've been part of team that delivered 52 assault teams.I think 100+ is possible.Getting a team to want to do that may be the bigger challenge.

    I'm pretty sure I was able to deliver 26 alone - at least I didn't see anyone else on the team delivering them. I don't think 20 is a stunning amount. I've been able to do that often enough even on larger ships (competitive engines), assuming I didn't miscount.

    Granted, when I did 26 I was using a quick ship, but I also had some steering issues (missing a dropoff, so I had to circle back a couple times).

    I'd guess that given no steering problems it may be possible for a single player to deliver 30 assault teams, but not much more than that as the limiting factor would be the amount of time it takes to dropoff/pickup assault teams. No way to speed that up and I was going fast enough to have to wait for those timers often.

    Whether there's a point to doing that, I don't know.
    I'd find it amusing and may be worth a few extra marks, perhaps.

    submitted by /u/Regular-Explanation8
    [link] [comments]

    The few changes I'd request of Cryptic.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    Since everyones airing grievances, I figured I'd toss in my totally unneccessary 2 credits in.

    TBH I mostly enjoy the game, the missions are awesome, logging on a bit a day for events ain't a big deal to me, but there are still some things that I do think need addressing but I don't see pointed out in the few complaint posts I've seen.

    1- Stop putting Lobi quality ships in the Promo box.
    Look, I get promo boxes make more money, but it's obviously ticking off the player base.
    It's also making ships that could be fun to fly and artists spent a lot of time making into things so rare they may as well not be in the game.

    Let's be honest here, I'd say the only Promo ship since the Discovery Enterprise that's been worthy of Promo ship inclusion is maybe the La Sirena.
    Stuff like the Frankin, a ship I love the design of, I will never fly even though I have a promo box sitting unopened, because there's such better choices and we know the major ships will be added to it later.

    Stop wasting designer effort put into making something like the Franklin in the game, by putting it in a place where no one will use it.

    2- The Tailor: A color wheel.
    A freaking color wheel so we can please actually match the colors on our uniforms.
    I know it'll take dev time and energy, but this change would make so many people so happy.
    Also reducing some restrictions (at least make badges available with every uniform. We know it may glitch sometimes, but things glitch through sometimes with what's there anyway)

    3- I'm taking this from one of the other threads, but it's like their only point I agreed with. Bring back in-game mission sets.
    I for one LOVE the new nanopulse disruptors.
    It'd be so awesome if they were a part of a new set that had some nice little bonuses to disruptor damage and melee damage or something like that.
    Space sets as well. They don't even need fancy visuals, I still love the Sol Defense set and would even without the engines.

    4- and this is the major one I think everyone can agree on.
    MORE COMMUNICATION.
    Ya know how we console players, myself included, were very ticked off about the Alliance uniforms taking so long?
    That could have easily been avoided just by having Kael go "Hey guys, we know you like these uniforms but it'll be a wait because we're adding them just before the Measure of Morality missions. So it'll be late in the Summer event at earliest" and then we know it's actually definitely coming and not some vaporware.

    The museum outrage again, could have been avoided. "Hey guys we're adding a little feature of seeing all the ships from the shows/movies with a little quote from everyone, nothing major but just a nice thing for Star Trek Day".

    An actual announcement that "Hey everyone, we know the announcement said there'd be keys, but that was a mix up, when the ships go live there won't be keys".

    Would folks have still been annoyed? Sure, but I'd say it's pretty certain most folks would be less angry at each of those things.

    We get that we can't know every single thing that's going on behind the scenes, that odds are a lot of changes are made last minute.
    However, when those changes and decisions effect us and what we are getting, we deserve to know as soon as we possibly can.
    Making it a sudden surprise folks aren't getting keys, or that a free DLC thing doesn't show up about the time it was expected, well, we've seen what that causes.

    ---

    Anyway, that's my list.
    Seriously, I do greatly enjoy the game, it's the thing I spend the most time playing and I do often feel folks are too harsh on some elements of it, but that doesn't mean the issues aren't there, and these are the ones that mean something to me.

    submitted by /u/TonySamedi
    [link] [comments]

    And the only thing I did was buy, 2000Zen payed out on the Elachi pet, (and attempted to use the remaining Zen to buy Dil for Phoenix boxes, but.........)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Looking for a name for a ground trait

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    I thought there was a ground trait that granted some kind of boost when you disintegrated a target. Does anyone know what trait it is?

    submitted by /u/chronicman6977
    [link] [comments]

    House Divided mission rewards

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who expected better rewards? We get a disruptor duel pistol that's cool but I'd prefer it to have a green effect instead of red but that's it. You'd think there be a new set either space or ground and the discovery Klingon disruptor ground weapons would be cool too.

    submitted by /u/GreenSilverWing3
    [link] [comments]

    Just hit 61 and going for a science drain build? Think that's the name, tips?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    playing a rom. Just using the lame free science ship from leveling. No op super ship like I see most people have. My main guy is a tac. Anything to know? I didn't even know you could replay missions to get leveled up gear. That helped a ton

    submitted by /u/RoyalDivineFox
    [link] [comments]

    New bun hair styles

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Just so you console players know, since it wasnt announced there are now hair bun version 2s on fed/rommie women :)

    submitted by /u/Metrikal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment