• Breaking News

    Friday, August 21, 2020

    Star Trek Online Kael is just the messenger. I think the real problem with Cryptic is Andre Emerson

    Star Trek Online Kael is just the messenger. I think the real problem with Cryptic is Andre Emerson


    Kael is just the messenger. I think the real problem with Cryptic is Andre Emerson

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Andre Emerson was the executive producer who took over after Victory is Life, and his introduction has coincided with a major downturn in content and an increase in money-grabbing policies.

    Under his leadership, we have Mudd's Market. We have 20 day events which have buyouts. We're seeing crazy expensive bundles filled with junk and then the one thing you actually want (disco, picard, legendary romulan, and now the temporal carrier bundle). There's been a decrease in ships in the C-store, and an increase of promo ships. There's been an introduction of FOMO limited time bundles. Finally, the foundry was killed under his leadership.

    He's also toned down the content: This is the longest the game has ever gone on without a new fleet holding or a new reputation. There's no new item sets from missions ever since he took over. Do you remember how we'd used to get 9 ship bundles several times a year, and now we get just 4 ship bundles, and they take even longer to come out? Do you remember how we would get actual story arcs?

    I genuinely worry about the future of STO. I do not recommend new players purchase a lifetime subscription, as I do not believe the game will continue that long under the current leadership. Funnily enough, the leadership seems to agree, as they lowered the cost of the lifetime subscription from $200 to $150 for the first time in the game's history.

    I don't think Kael just inserted 5 keys into the bundle description completely randomly. It's his literally job to read reddit, and I can't see him ignoring everyone talking about keys being in the bundle. I can almost guarantee you someone axed the keys at the last minute, and the person with the power to do so is Andre Emerson.

    I want to link this response I got to a post yesterday. This isn't just me realizing this.

    I don't want to be all doom and gloom. But I think that we, as a community, should focus on real change at Cryptic, not attack a community manager.

    submitted by /u/refugeeinaudacity
    [link] [comments]

    Even next to this behemoth it's a large ship. I love it!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    The moment you start counting how many ships you've blown up in your head this year...

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    "-Captain, it appears our center of rotation is outside of ship. -Have you tried accelerating and deccelerating? -Um, yes"

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Living my best Klingon life; haven't played since launch. Good to be back and with a new toon. :3

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    Has anyone bit the bullet and tested the DPS of the new support frigates, or their higher cost counterparts?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    I tried out the jem fighter wings, advanced, and elite, and they seemed to perform about the same as the regular ones. This is just with scramble fighters and CA. I don't have SAD. Which makes me sad.

    submitted by /u/ThreatLevelNoonday
    [link] [comments]

    ...Yoda? What happened to you? Yoda...?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Thoughts and prayers to the Cryptic employees currently suffering from the California fires

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    By far one of the rarest platinum in my collection! :) "PlayStation 4".

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Carrier vs Support Carrier

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Opinions - I just bought the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier earlier this month.

    I misread about the Support Carriers and thought it was just a large package. So I was not going to get it.

    But since We can get them individually I am wondering if JHV Support Carrier is worth it compared to JHV Carrier?

    And the reason I ask is I am on a tight budget so spending cash is hard to do at times

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Chaos_EN2
    [link] [comments]

    Next Generation Uniforms and Ships?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    Hi. I'm new to STO, playing about a week. The only other MMO experience I have is Star Wars The Old Republic. So far, STO has a lot of info to take in. Some of it remind me of SWTOR.

    The main reason I started playing the game is because I would like to roleplay as captain of The Next Generation ships, mainly the Enterprise-D, which I think is the best looking space ship. The Sovereign would be cool too.

    I was unprepared for the vast array of different ships and options available. While I do like some of the different ship designs and new uniforms, I want to get a Galaxy class cruiser, with the TNG show bridge and uniforms. I am wondering if it is possible to get these without buying Zen, or at least practical. I don't know if I want to have to earn 1 Billion credits to buy one on the exchange lol.

    So I was wondering if I could unlock them by reaching a certain level or if Zen store is the only way. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/soonernfl19
    [link] [comments]

    When do they intend on fixing the massive stability issues on console?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    This game performs so poorly that I can barely play it, first off it takes longer than GTA V just to get to the main menu when I load up the game.

    It seems to take 5 minutes just loading up my list of characters and stutters when I'm scrolling up and down the list. When I actually start playing the lag is incredibly bad and sometimes massive sections of the map just don't render

    I've tried a re install but I just get the exact same problem.

    submitted by /u/Hazbro29
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the Nebula/Venture Class skin?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    It is no longer a costume option for the Nebula. I finally decided to get it and its gone. Cant even buy t for dil, unless I am missing it.

    For reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5egzz1/the_venturenebula_is_gorgeous_especially_the_new/

    submitted by /u/wooyoo
    [link] [comments]

    So, um, where's the back half of my Atrox?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Going to buy the Fleet JH Vanguard Support Carrier: Suggestions Wanted

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Hello Fellow Captains!

    I decided after looking into every Support Carrier, the Vanguard variant won me over. Her looks, and the fact JH pets are some of the best out there, I decided on it.

    I have no need for the console or trait, so I'll skip it for now (unless someone wants to explain how's it is NTH) so I'll just use some fleet modules that been collecting dust in my inventory and just grab the Fleet version right away.

    I usually get my help from TimberWolf and Auggie on building, but I'm new to this sub and want to see how you all are with suggestions.

    Here is a few questions:

    What, if any, of the legacy JH pets can this carrier use? I hoping for at least the newer Vanguard Gunships but I guess the new ones have their merits too.

    I'll probably Polaron theme build this out, but know there is a few Carrier-friendly console options out there (I think I have a few, just cannot remember names). Remind me of them please.

    This will be going on my main at first (Vulcan 2409 Fed Tac), then probably to my JH Tac Vanguard toon after a while.

    Thank you in advance for any help given.

    submitted by /u/masterarkaine
    [link] [comments]

    Jem'Hadar Support Carrier Sector Space Bug.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    I don't know how to explain this but while in sector space, the new Jem'Hadar support carrier is not aligned with the Camera axis.

    This means that when you zoom in fully, you end up looking at empty space. I believe that the skin of the ship is set too far forward. When you turn in sector space, the vessel does not turn on its own axis, instead it slides as if it is set on the outter edge of a circle.

    (I really don't know how to describe this. Its just... really weird. Is this just me ?)

    submitted by /u/FireFlash3
    [link] [comments]

    Severe lag issues.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    I don't know about you but i've been getting severe lag issues in sto, not just multiplayer but singleplayer also. I don't know if this is the recent patch but this is really bad. The game is almost unplayable due to the high amount of lag. Cryptic please fix this!

    submitted by /u/Space_Potatoroid302B
    [link] [comments]

    So I see a fair amount of players in fleet's with -AFC- at the start of whatever fleet name. Like how big is this AFC lot and are they a decent group or are they kind of meh?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Jem'Hadar Starter Gear Reclaim?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Might be a dumb question (should have waited for Monday LOL) but the starter gear on a Jem'Hadar toon - all the ship gear and personal gear - is that reclaimable somehow?

    submitted by /u/ncc1982
    [link] [comments]

    Can't seem to upgrade my T5 Excelsior?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Can't seem to upgrade my T5 Excelsior?

    I have a ship upgrade token. Whenever I try to upgrade it to T5U, I click complete upgrade and nothing happens. Doesn't spend my token and doesn't upgrade the ship.

    https://preview.redd.it/jbkap72j0di51.png?width=709&format=png&auto=webp&s=f6db498b153c816fa7b567d863b5b71b56287925

    submitted by /u/chutche2
    [link] [comments]

    Carrier Bundle Wallpaper!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment