• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Star Trek Online Never knew this was here

    Star Trek Online Never knew this was here


    Never knew this was here

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:03 AM PST

    Rude player gripe

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:42 AM PST

    One thing that really turned me off with PvE Queues was an absurd amount of rudeness from certain players. Back in April when I started playing, I didn't really know too much about what I was doing or supposed to do. I queued up one of the queues for a story arc, can't remember which one. I had an extremely slow ship, didn't know anything about upgrading and everything was a hot mess. During the mission, another player was cussing out myself and another new player for not keeping up and not understanding. I muddled through it because I wanted to complete it, ignoring him. It got so bad that I just turned off all volume to the game so I couldn't hear his constant hate coming from his mouth. The other player in question just left the mission.

    What I don't understand is why do that to others? We all were new at some point and there's always a better way than to cuss and complain. If I'm doing something wrong, teach me. This game lacks a teaching method so to speak so at one point, we all were noobs. Now I stay as far away from queues as possible because of that one incident. Sometimes objectives aren't clear or amidst all the chaos of the map (looking at you gravity well), it's hard to distinguish what to do, especially if you're new.

    So please, be kind to your fellow players, and treat others how you would want to be treated. (Something I instill into my children).

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/BioHazard869
    [link] [comments]

    Admirality not giving campaign XP

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Meaning one cannot advance admirality for the time being. Would be nice if this got fixed FAST, as people are stuck with their admirality levels at their current mark.

    submitted by /u/zoleman
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any torpedos in game that look like this?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    What do you do about a random who incoreectly accuses you of cheating? (And tells you they reported you.)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I was running through the Dyson Ground BZ with the Mirror Agony Field Rifle racking up some relevant endeavors as one does from time to time.

    And when it was over, some random sends me this harsh PM about me cheating by freezing enemies and that they'd reported me.

    I know I wasn't cheating, but I'm a little worried a C.M. will ban me anyway out of expediency and I'll lose precious time for the event and worse the 10th anniversary while fighting it.

    Is there anything I can do or are we all at the mercy of ignorant morons and ban-hammer happy C.M.s.

    EDIT

    Thanks for the good advice folks. I'll just ignore it and deal with it if anything comes of it.

    submitted by /u/Pol-Manning
    [link] [comments]

    Screw the Vaadwaur and their tricobalt torpedoes

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/srschwenzjr
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any other good doff assignment areas like the Undine battlezone?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:36 AM PST

    I recently found out about the doff assignments at the undine battlezone which give great commendation XP. Are there any other areas like it that give assignments with high commendation XP rewards?

    submitted by /u/rsw0x
    [link] [comments]

    STO 'terms of use' last updated *WHEN*?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:54 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/mcf1MGH

    "July 21, 2009"

    So, for reasons, I thought I'd go off and look at the terms of service regarding a matter, and they're pretty easy to find over on the arcgames website. https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms - though I don't see any date of revision or a revision history which isn't entirely useful if they've made any updates...
    Then I got to thinking that there must be at least some differences in what's considered acceptable for some games, and not for others, and there really should be a separate set of terms for STO, Neverwinter and so forth, right? Well, those have proven to be considerably more difficult to find, certainly some searches on a couple of different search engines didn't help, but since I believe it's a requirement that software provide access to terms, I thought I'd see if I could find them in game.

    So I went into the help and support menu and through the options. 'What's new in Awakening' certainly wasn't going to provide these answers. Nor the 'Library Computer' (which I'd honestly forgotten what it even contained), I'm not sure when I last attempted to use 'GM Help', but then we get the broken buttons for 'Report a Bug' and 'View My Tickets' sandwiching 'Account Support', which just gives you the arcgames support URL that isn't even clickable...

    It has been a long, long time since I typed '/terms' into the chat bar. I wasn't even sure it was a thing, but there they are. From 2009. Nice little piece of STO history, but maybe for the Anniversary we could have that updated, yeah? While you're at it, could you maybe fix the in game bug reporting button to, y'know, actually work to report bugs with too?

    submitted by /u/daiphelion
    [link] [comments]

    How to Snag An EMH:

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    What's the surest way to get the bridge officer version of The Doctor?

    submitted by /u/MojaveJoe1992
    [link] [comments]

    Would I miss much if I skipped the New Romus Story arc?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

    I'm not a fan of the ground combat, would rather be doing sick flips with my defiant class up in space.

    Would I miss too much good story If I skipped this part?

    submitted by /u/Doveen
    [link] [comments]

    Could use a bit of help identifying a shield visual

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:34 PM PST

    No pic sadly. Ship took off before I could get one. It was on a konnie and the material looked white or gray but had blue lights. Almost thought it was aegis from the side but then noticed the blue lines on the top and bottom of the saucer. Much darker blue lines than the aegis. Anyone have any idea which shield it was? Tried searching for pics online but didn't find anything. Thanks

    submitted by /u/RockBottom0_o
    [link] [comments]

    Ground weapons don't fire... occasionally

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:42 PM PST

    I've been doing a lot of ground TFOs lately and (especially on the Borg Event ground mission) there are times when I cannot fire any of my weapons. As in I press the primary or secondary fire button (either on the keyboard or using the mouse) and nothing happens. I then use a power cell and after some seconds, I still cannot. I change weapons and still nothing. Even some of my kit skills, nothing. But then after some amount of time, I can fire my weapons again, but this is not in relation to using a power cell.

    Is this some weapons or tech debuff that I have to determine the correct method to cleanse it? If so, how do I determine SPECIFICALLY what is happening so that I can effectively remove that debuff?

    Or is this a matter of network lag?

    I am able to move my character around fine, but cannot attack at all.

    submitted by /u/pr0n-thr0waway
    [link] [comments]

    Am I alone in the galaxy?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:15 AM PST

    Research project Duty officers

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:10 AM PST

    I have a common, uncommon and very rare RPDOs. I need more high quality ones. What's the best way to get them?

    submitted by /u/Ieatpauls
    [link] [comments]

    10th anniversary ship

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:24 AM PST

    What do you think the 10th anniversary ship will be? Since the previous anniversary ships have had something to do with the past years new content, then maybe this year it will have something to do with Discovery season 2?? Since it's also a whole decade of STO, then maybe something special because of that??

    submitted by /u/Tallathy
    [link] [comments]

    Standalone STO Installer Issue

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:15 PM PST

    So, I've just built a new PC and I'm trying to install STO on it using the standalone "StarTrekOnline.exe" installer but this method doesn't seem to work any longer. All that happens on my PC is that the Star Trek Online.exe process consumes about 50% CPU usage and no launcher appears.

    I also have the original retail DVD and tried the install from that but that doesn't seem to work either anymore. Can I not install this game unless using ARC?

    submitted by /u/Devastat0r0
    [link] [comments]

    STO Mission Crate Number ?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:09 PM PST

    STO Mission Crate Number ?

    Still dont know if we will see more, as I can not great a straight answer for anyone but here was owning box. Box had no number so i can not tell you guys. Sorry.

    https://preview.redd.it/hb47ofcqa9a41.png?width=817&format=png&auto=webp&s=34a5985013454d6ceb650d1c2897036fb8e3460a

    submitted by /u/rising30k
    [link] [comments]

    Key Bind problems

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:25 PM PST

    First, let me say, I've been playing STO for 8+ years and have always used keybinds; I've had the default space bar "fire all and execute X tray in sequence" file I found somewhere on reddit years ago and used it successfully without issue. It's straight forward: take file, put in directory, load keybind in chat... voila!

    Recently, my gaming rig SSD had some catastrophic Win10 failure and had to buy a new drive and install my games from scratch. Naturally, I did the same process as I always have (this is my 3rd rig in the last 10 years since I upgrade components every 3yrs or so). But now I cannot, for the life of me, get my spacebar keybinds to work. I've loaded, cleared all, saved repeatedly... nothing works and I can't figure it out.

    Location: C:\Games\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\x64

    **see note on why x64 below

    The abilities that I want to execute in order of presses are all on Tray 7 (things like FAW, TacTeam, Reverse Shield Polarity, etc. - things I don't want to have to press so I can concentrate on manually pressing certain special BOFF/ship abilities/Consoles timed to where 'n when I want to).

    Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 0$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 1$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 2$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 3$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 4$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 5$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 6$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 7$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 8$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 9$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 9$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 8$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 7$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 6$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 5$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 4$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 3$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 2$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 1$$ +TrayExecByTray 6 0$$" T "team Target: >> $target <<"

    The keybind file I had originally had "Distribute Shield Power" in the top Tray 6 position but I deleted it because I read here that spamming it creates problems and lowers dps, if remembering correctly.

    *x64 version of the game because my Razer chroma products color effects don't work on x86. I have used x64 with keybinds since I started playing without any issues.

    Can anybody offer assistance? I'm at my wits end and playing content without keybinds is extremely hard for me although not impossible. I'd just like to get back to the way I'm used to playing if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/DocTheop
    [link] [comments]

    Dilithium Farming Alts

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:21 AM PST

    I play on PS4 and obviously you can create up to 9 alts. I do not have a ton of time and want to spend most of what I have playing my main. But would like to set up a side farm for Dilithium of coarse so I can buy some upper end gear. My Main is Romulan Federation

    First should I start all the characters as Dominion so I am lvl 60 already. I got Cardassian Ship pack. Or start with another race fresh.

    Are Doing daily Duty Officer missions for Dilithium good enough with admiralty or should I do something else. Just want to make sure I am maximizing my time to play but also getting a little extra benefits.

    submitted by /u/FullBeardedGamer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment