• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:00 AM PST

    Welcome to Monday!

    Let's get the week going with another question megathread.

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Happy flying!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    The Picard Bundle goes on sale later this week. Guess this is a great way to put in Picard theme content into the game, even if the show hasn't premiered yet.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:09 AM PST

    When Are We Going to Get to Visit Cardassia?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:29 PM PST

    How NOT to run Korfez! A.K.A. Why Oberth ships are the Redshirts of ships

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Pronunciation

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:35 AM PST

    Just a quick question about something that's been bugging me:

    I'm deaf and have never heard this word before. What exactly is the pronunciation of "Undine"? I'm assuming they've said it somewhere in the game through voice dialogue (hopefully they have).

    Is it "un-dine" (like "diner")? Or "un-deen"? Something else?

    EDIT: While we're here, is "Vaadwaur" pronounced "Vadd-waur" or "Vodd-waur?"

    submitted by /u/Brainardman
    [link] [comments]

    My trait selection keeps resetting randomly.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:09 AM PST

    So, I set my traits, and use them, then when done playing ,log out. When I come back, it's all a mess. Either all my traits are deactivated, SOME are, or I just have the wrong ones active. What gives?

    submitted by /u/Doveen
    [link] [comments]

    I don't always have technical issues using Personal Endeavour Reroll Tokens. But when I do...

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:44 AM PST

    ...it's usually with a Very Hard Lukari TFO Endeavour. -_-

    submitted by /u/DilaZirK
    [link] [comments]

    u/ambassadorkael, pls let the devs know about fixing admiralty

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:53 PM PST

    Admiralty dailies are not working properly. Just joining the bandwagon of posts on r/sto. I'd say that this is a critical bug that is detracting me from playing the game.

    submitted by /u/stoRedditor
    [link] [comments]

    Constellation revamp but no T6, how about we can use its skin on something like the Europa?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:01 AM PST

    I had the idea a while ago but figured they wouldn't go near an old ship.

    submitted by /u/jonnyu182
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: DSC Characters in the 23rd Century Can Fly Vanguard Ships

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:45 PM PST

    I have recently returned to the game and need some insight.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:23 AM PST

    Is it possible to upgrade any T5 ship to T6 if i wanted to? Say for example if i wanted to make the Vulcan D'kyr class in to a T6 could i?

    Sorry if this question is repetitive but i stopped playing only a few days after the first T6 ships came out so im not quite up to speed.

    Thank you for you're patience.

    submitted by /u/ImperialRoyalist15
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] "An Empire Divided" quest bugged. I'm supposed to keep fighting the Undine, but... there is no more Undine

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:43 AM PST

    It's a sub-quest of Surface Tensions. I'm above Qu'onos, fought off nearly endless waves of Undine... and they stopped coming, but the objective didn't update. "Fight Undine', it says, but there are no enemies left to fight.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Doveen
    [link] [comments]

    Revamping my Phaser Beam boat - Adv Fleet or Crafted

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:55 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Unless someone can convince me a phaser beam with [proc] is worth it, I'm planning to revamp my phaser beam boat.

    Debating between a bunch of crafted phaser beams that I will re-eng to dmgx4

    Or

    Adv fleet phasers as they require less re-eng.

    Either way they'll be upgraded to epic mk xv.

    What's better? Adv fleet or just craft/buy off exchange?

    submitted by /u/Dredmoore1
    [link] [comments]

    Homeworlds, not TFO's

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:19 AM PST

    My opinion is the STO would be better served with the creation of homeworlds for existing playable characters, rather than upgraded TFO's. Just a thought.

    submitted by /u/TheOGGrimnaught
    [link] [comments]

    Breen ship question for those in the know

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:52 AM PST

    I'm on console and at the end of the month will be getting an account wide epic phoenix box ship unlock. I was thinking of getting a Breen ship to do a Breen character. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions between the Cruiser or the Dreadnought. I currently have the frigate unlocked from the event, and I have another character who is running the carrier (it's such a great science ship!) so wanted to do something different.

    Edit for the confused: Rezreth vs. Chel Boalg

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    There are several other ships I could get, but I'm hoping in time they'll do more of these events like the PC's T6 coupon event so I'll eventually be able to collect more of the ones I'm missing, but for now I thought a Breen character would be good.

    submitted by /u/SQUAWKUCG
    [link] [comments]

    Loot boxes

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:47 AM PST

    It's been a while since my friend an I played a game... his main concern was that the game has turned into "To boldly unlock boxes where no credit card has gone before" game. Is it still the case, or there are some better ways now to acquire your dream ship without spending 100s of 💰? Just playing the game through missions would take a year or two to make enough money to buy such ship if someone would put it out on the market would cost hundreds of millions.

    submitted by /u/reanor
    [link] [comments]

    Health/shield healing Endeavors are in a sad state

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:28 PM PST

    The ground Undine Endeavor was removed because there weren't many ways to do it. I repeatedly aborted and restarted Surface Tension, but there are also Undine ground TFOs. It wasn't too bad.

    Ground shield healing, by comparison, is broken. It frequently doesn't show up in the game's chatlog, and thus doesn't count toward Endeavor progress. So instead of taking a minimum of N minutes of spamming Shield Recharge to complete the Endeavor, it takes me 2N. Again, literally broken, with no fix in sight. And yes, these are effective heals, not overheals.

    And I'm literally standing in an acid pool on Nukara! I shudder to think of the poor souls who, in their innocence, try to complete Endeavors like this via normal gameplay when most enemies will either fold under your assault or one-shot you, leaving little opportunity to heal anything. As it is, these Endeavors aren't a test of your healing prowess; they're a test of how good you are at standing there while Curly whacks you in the head with a ladder. That, at its heart, is actually not normal gameplay. We're supposed to be avoiding damage by increasing our resistances, using cover, killing the enemy more quickly, etc., but these Endeavors only operate if you do the opposite of that. It's fundamentally wrong.

    1. Health/shield healing Endeavors should include overheals as long as you're in combat.

    2. Fix whatever bug is making ground shield heals not register in the chat log and thus not count towards Endeavors.

    3. If nothing else, remove the ground shield healing Endeavor.

    submitted by /u/Farranor
    [link] [comments]

    Announcing: The Picard Bundle!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Question re: Mirror Universe Agony Field Rifle and Dyson

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:41 PM PST

    If you use the: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Universe_Agony_Field_Rifle on Dyson ground, and fire the secondary on the big boss dino, would that mean other players could not hurt it and it would be a big nuisance? I was thinking of equipping my boffs with this but not if there is a chance for that outcome.

    Edit: has anyone tried it? Is the boss dino affected by the secondary? A lot of the answers here are speculation that it would be annoying, which I already guessed it would be. Now I'd like to know if the dino is affected at all.

    submitted by /u/xoham
    [link] [comments]

    I'm level 34, spent my space points, yet I can't find where can i select my Captain abilities for space battles.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Or where to even choose them. i'm completely lost, and with the fights getting harder, it'd be nice to have them.

    submitted by /u/Doveen
    [link] [comments]

    did t6 starship mastery change?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:57 AM PST

    today, i leveled up a t6 ship and only the Tau Dewa patrols seem to have counted for mastery points, the TFOs (esp the new ones) and the GonCra and Terran BZs counted for almost nothing. I had to do Tau Dewa twice to finish.

    I leveled this same ship for a different toon 2 weeks ago, and only did Tau Dewa once, and 4 TFOs (ISA, CCA, DS1, and GtGA)

    submitted by /u/Zoxesyr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment