• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 12, 2021

    Star Trek Online Yellow Alert! Shields up!

    Star Trek Online Yellow Alert! Shields up!


    Yellow Alert! Shields up!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Art of my senior officers! Realized I never drew them

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Hey Kael, I'm still waiting for my title.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    Can anyone tell me what requirements need to be met before purchasing the Ranger battlecruiser?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 04:49 AM PDT

    Do you think Gather Intel Mechanic needs to be change? I find it almost useless as everything is instantly dead so you can’t expose them, maybe they can rework this so it can be actually be used. What are your thoughts?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    What do you mean it was irresponsible to spend 28k Expertise, 450 Lobi and 4,000,000 EC just to make my away team look the part?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    @thomasthecat: Ooooooooook everyone, I think there was a miscommunication because I though a blog was gonna go live today but it didn't. So in the mean time, here's a fun teaser of what's in store. ;)

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Would you be playing STO if it didnt have the star trek wrapping?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    And why or why not?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/trekkerbob3
    [link] [comments]

    New/Returning player looking for ship recommendations

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    Cheers lads!

    I've been playing sto on and off (mostly off) since 2014, now again since a few days. I'm having a blast so far and decided that ill spend a few bucks and buy a ship or two.

    Im not planning to spend a few hundred or so, so im looking for a few ship recommendations for eng and sci-characters where i dont need to play 20 other for the ship traits. Any ships you guys can recommend?

    PS: Got the Arbiter for the trait already, dont know when i bought it lol.
    PS2: Any way to get the Crossfield class/es?

    Thanks and have a good day!

    submitted by /u/madwinter76
    [link] [comments]

    The Discovery Vanity Shield looks particularly gorgeous on TOS-era Fed ships

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    Is this wiki info actually true?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    "The player is free to choose any interior that's available for their ships, so long as it belongs to their factions, including special interiors unlocked from certain ships."

    Doesn't appear to be, but perhaps there is some trick to it.

    submitted by /u/GnaeusQuintus
    [link] [comments]

    I couldn't get close for a good screenshot but Look who I saw in the target window and far to the right! :o

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    I got my first 10k accolade points on my main toon!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    I know it's a bit silly but I have been playing this game off and on sense 2014 over 2 accounts. Today I got my first 10,000 accolade points! It's not impressive to most vet players but it's the small things in this game that make my keep coming back!

    submitted by /u/clinetrooper4297
    [link] [comments]

    Nimbus/Wasteland arc removed from Episodes

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    This is for For TOS and normal starfleet

    Hi there I have recently started a new TOS Character as part of the temporal agent recruitment and I am loving it.

    The addition of scaling T6 ships makes the RP experience much much better you have your ship that you play through the story in. Makes it feel more trek like at least to me you have your hero ship.

    But I just noticed something while doing the Romulan mystery arc. The Nimbus arc has been removed from the episodes tab and is only available through the incoming hails tab under Franklin drake.

    Which in itself is weird since they have removed the missions with him from the early part of the game.

    But the missions in that arc are referenced in the Romulans arc and the temporal probe mission for temporal agents require you to play those missions.

    Now its of little issue to me but I have recently started watching a YouTuber go through sto and its going to be easy for new or even returning players to miss entire arcs.

    Its not like I miss those missions, it's the weakest arc in my opinion but still.

    As I said above that as far as I know this is only for TOS and normal Fed characters my Romulan has the wasteland arc.

    submitted by /u/crazicelt
    [link] [comments]

    Are there Diminishing returns on the BIG Event progress?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    It seems like I'm getting fewer and fewer points toward the BIG Event every time I do the Maru. Seems like just 4 or 5 days ago I was around 3250/3500, and I was like "Yeah, couple more days and I'll be done." Since then I've only crawled my way up to 3452/3500

    Edit: I've filed a ticket.

    submitted by /u/texanhick20
    [link] [comments]

    WHO BLEW UP MY SHUTTLEBAY!!!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    OPINION: STO does itself no favors & fails to bring in new players by no longer advertising what's coming in big new releases. How would like to learn about upcoming content?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    Aside from one single blog about a new TFO, there's little to no information about what appears to be a new major release of content coming in just 3 days.

    Kael has blamed "the higher ups" for not allowing him and the devs to reveal more ahead of time.

    If that's true, the higher ups are making an idiotic decision which fails to grow excitement, hype, or the player base of STO.

    Some may argue this is FOMO, but how does FOMO work if people who are taking a break from the game or have never tried your product don't learn about what they're missing out on?

    Like you saw on Star Trek day, the franchise put out previews of all their upcoming shows. It builds excitement and convinces people to give your franchise a shot.

    Right now, STO seems focused on one small crowd only -- the whales who play daily and spend regardless of the quality they're receiving. It's a poor strategy with diminishing returns.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MuddsTreasure
    [link] [comments]

    All Temporal Recruits, use your "Reach Lv. 05 in any R&D school" reward carefully

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    The reward box for reaching Lv. 05 in any one R&D school is instantly setting any school to Lv. 10. If you reach Lv. 10 in all schools before claiming, you are rewarded a large R&D bonus pool. A large bonus pool is 10K R&D XP. By contrast, being able to instantly set any school from Lv. 0 to 10 is the equivalent of 180K R&D XP, 18x more and its not a bonus pool that takes time to use up. Even if you choose to use the reward on the very school you reached Lv. 05 in to unlock the reward, Lv. 05 to 10 is still effectively 132K R&D XP. Some R&D traits that unlock at Lv. 15 have significant impacts on overall DPS at endgame, so plan carefully! Have a great day and remember to have some fun along the way/

    submitted by /u/wstronghold
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone been able to complete Azure Nebula Elite since its rework?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    When Cryptic reworked Azure Nebula, I was pretty thrilled (eventually, once they fixed the gamebreaking bugs) that it was revamped and much improved. I was even more thrilled that they added an Elite version...until we played it. It was a lot of fun...until the timer ran out. The map never ends. You can complete all the objectives and when the timer hits 0:00, nothing happens. No rewards, no dialogue. My fleet has tried it twice over a couple of months and no luck.

    Has anyone been able to complete Azure Nebula Elite? Or did Cryptic screw it up?

    submitted by /u/Eph289
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an easier way to find the Temporal Probe locations than just wandering around and crossing your fingers?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    The locate command doesn't consistently work.

    submitted by /u/Random-Red-Shirt
    [link] [comments]

    Vesta Meet-Up

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment