• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 22, 2021

    Star Trek Online Late to the Risian Cruiser party, but here: The R.X.S. Yamato

    Star Trek Online Late to the Risian Cruiser party, but here: The R.X.S. Yamato


    Late to the Risian Cruiser party, but here: The R.X.S. Yamato

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    D'deridex Hardpoints

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    I know it was never seen on-screen but I kind of wish we had a saucer sep console for the Sovereign variants

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    This call must be pretty important...

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    Thank you.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that helped me with my Duty Officer missions question last night. I just got the chance to utilize the information that you all gave me and it really helped. This will help me complete the Colonial Commendation section much quicker.

    Thank you again from a very appreciative player. 🖖

    submitted by /u/Jazri_Dax
    [link] [comments]

    POLL: Which Specialization do your prefer your ships to have on the Commander seat?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Do you prefer ships that have a Cmdr Command, Cmdr Intel, Cmdr MW, Cmdr Pilot, or Cmdr Temp Ops? What brings you the most enjoyment to use?

    In a comment below, feel free to explain your choice and if whether a ship has said Specialization impacts your decision to acquire it.


    I'm really just curious to see what this portion of the playerbase prefers. The intent is to see if that may match up with why content for certain ships doesn't perform as well due to them having less-preferred specialization seats.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Startrekker
    [link] [comments]

    Starting out

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I've more or less just started. The game seems like it has a lot of interesting systems at play to make a character stronger.

    I'm a little lost though. When I'm going about the story missions I feel there should be things I should collect, refine etc that I am not knowing about.

    As far as I know I should be collecting

    1. EC
    2. Dil
    3. Lobi
    4. GPL

    Which should I prioritise early on to be in a good place at end-game?

    Is there a daily routine I should follow/places to go?

    Should I use crafting to salvage gear I don't use?
    Do DOFFs make me more powerful?
    What do I need to invest my time in to get ahead of the levelling curve/difficulty?

    If you were just starting a character knowing what you know currently, what would be your path of progression from start to end-game?

    Some guidance would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/BolteWasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry everyone, we already missed the No Win Scenario event. The three week event took place between August 13th and August 16th.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    The Captains: Qul'toq Son of Qem're

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Son'a Command Science Vessel

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    I am looking at using this for my newly made and awfully fun sci captain. I can't really find anyone who has flown this. Can anyone help me out and give me some thoughts on it? I'm looking at doing a Torp build but not settled on it yet.

    submitted by /u/wardensarecool
    [link] [comments]

    Has someone already mentioned that the visuals for Dual Beam Banks aren't working properly on the new D'deridex model?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:28 AM PDT

    What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    Hello, I currently have a level 52 account and I find the ai almost impossible defeat in star ships, I have a sovereign class (if you need specific details let me know in the comments) I can't tell why or how I am so easily defeated, I know the really basics but I don't know a lot of the complex aspects. I am likely going to create a new character as I have done before as I keep hitting a point where the ai are practically invisible. Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/drwolfee
    [link] [comments]

    I am really looking forward to Sompek next week. If you see me in your group say hello :)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    This is my character Le Cutest of Borg. I really enjoy Sompek because it gives me a chance to assimilate lots of enemies, especially big bad ones.

    I am looking forward to another Sompek run next week, so if you see me in your group feel free to say hello :)

    submitted by /u/The-Grand-Nagus
    [link] [comments]

    The Fek'lhri... dance?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    If you don't attack them, and you don't get within their attack range, they just stand there and... dance. I'm not sure about other missions, though. (This is the Klingon mission Destiny).

    https://reddit.com/link/p8wnbh/video/8xrpgwc98ri71/player

    submitted by /u/Ferretlover717
    [link] [comments]

    Freebies

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Check the store on Xbox. There's a pistol, inventory slots, and some keys.

    submitted by /u/CaptRedwolf
    [link] [comments]

    A better ending for the klingon story arch and year of the klingon. Warning, spoilers.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    So we had Lrell and julla both survive the final assault. Even martok survived. Everyone except akar and jempok. Ok. The good guys in the story had to win. Fine. But I have a better idea.
    I would have ended the story arch in this way for that final battle:

    Jempok kills julla

    Akar kills (betrays) jempok

    You kill akar

    Kagren gets voted in as chancellor and Lrell takes over khaless role as symbolic emperor. Think about it? Who better than kagren to take over leadership of the klingons? Hes been on the front of every battle of significance, hero of the iconian war, hes earned it.

    Not only that, but nobody likes julla or that they turned her into the good guy. So make her a martar like her family before her, dies in honorable combat.

    I dunno i think they really screwed up the ending and this would have been a better result, and as an aside, im not a fan of turning the klingons into necromancers as they did, and to have Lrell as chancellor again just stinks to me.

    Discuss 🖖

    submitted by /u/IMEfan
    [link] [comments]

    Red Alert Rewards

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    The loading screen says you get a T6X token but all I got was the Ultimate Tech Upgrade and the Specialization Point. Anyone know whats up? PC

    submitted by /u/Thrillhouse267
    [link] [comments]

    Will STO get more complexity?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    STO has a lot of add-on systems that make the game basically easier if you use them: Doffs, specializations, reputations, starship traits, upgrades, you name it. That's all fine and interesting, but there's a natural endpoint for the addition of such systems: Eventually, the game becomes too easy for a player who uses all this, as can be seen by the DPS record runs.

    But there is a thing that a game can become without adding new ways to make the content easier: More complex. Instead of adding yet another way to make your ship more dangerous, what about changing the game so that it becomes more detailed about HOW victory is achieved?

    Examples for this could be a be a new, more detailed damage system (there could be no longer one hitpoint bar, but subsystems that can be damaged, for each piece of space equipment, which then stops to function or, in the case of the warp core, eventually shuts down or explodes; or it could be an actual represenation of the ship's shape, with components being placed on actual parts of the ship model, which can be shot off depending on where exactly the vessel is hit), more detailed flying (adding lateral movement, adding newtonian elements to space flight, allowing to turn 360 degrees on every axis, whatever), more detailed crew management (like assigning shifts, and depending on whose shift it is, who can be wounded in a space battle), more detailed ship interiors (like just more rooms, or even functionality for the interiors, like repairing ship injuries exclusively in the ship interior, maybe with doff assignments or actual captain "press F" actions), you name it. (These are just examples to illustrate a concept. Picking them apart would be missing the actual point.)

    One could even unlock such layers of complexity with a kind of "play for it" system: Much like you, for instance, level a reputation, players could decide to (or not to) play for an increase in details. Do TFOs, spend marks and dilithium on it, have a more immersive experience as your reward. Or buy a "detailed damage system token", apply it to a ship, and it suffers damage to and can now target actual modules. The unlock could be switchable, so if someone buys the unlock and doesn't like it, they can just switch back with the click of a button.

    Maybe STO is too old a code monster for such things to happen, or maybe it is just one of those ideas that will be hated out of principle, but thinking about it, I must say it looks a lot more appealing than yet another reputation to make things blow up quicker.

    What do you think about added complexity for the game? What could (or even should) be added to make it more interesting, how could it be monetized or made into something that makes players just play more (and thus more likely to buy zen)?

    Or is, in your opinion, STO already too complex, and you'd prefer it to be simpler in some places? If so, which ones?

    submitted by /u/sophlogimo
    [link] [comments]

    No, no. I would never think of taking over the Defiant and renaming it the Ascendant. Me? Never!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    Do reclaimed event rewards (not the ships) level with the character that claims them?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    I'm leveling an alt and I'm wondering how reclaiming things like the Nanopulse War Targ from the Event store works? Do you get the reclaimed item at max level or one appropriate for the level of your character? Does the item level up like the ships do?

    Similarly, how do things like kits from the Zen store deal with the level of the character that claims them?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Caughill
    [link] [comments]

    How do I activate Liberated Borg Boff from Amazon Exclusive?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    I got my hands on one of these discs, useless by itself these days but it has a code for the Liberated Borg BOFF. Any idea how to activate it? I tried the arc client and it did not work.

    submitted by /u/tarravagghn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment