• Breaking News

    Friday, August 20, 2021

    Star Trek Online Do you Believe in a No Win Scenario?

    Star Trek Online Do you Believe in a No Win Scenario?


    Do you Believe in a No Win Scenario?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Your name is what?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    "We'll destroy them with a well-placed warning shot!"

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    The Maquis Raider gives me Y-Wing vibes and I dig it.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    What to do as I have finished all the story arcs for my federation character in game?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    QoL Request - Beam to Sector Space

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 09:01 AM PDT

    A quality of life update I'd like to see is the ability on some maps to "beam" directly to Sector space from a planet's surface rather than to orbit, and vice versa.

    There's so many space maps that are just a scenic corridor from Sector Space to ground maps. So to get to, say, Nimbus III you fly there, loading screen........... load into a space map with nothing to do, press a button, loading screen....... arrive on the surface. Then do it all again on the way back.

    If you cut out the space map part (optionally) then that'll save a lot of time. This is already a thing on the Academy ground map where you can beam direct to Sector space and avoid the crowded area around ESD.

    submitted by /u/Freemind62
    [link] [comments]

    Lvl 60 newb asks for directions...

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Ok, I'm lvl 60 now... Just spent the free token for a new ship (and I guess this is the last free ship token I'll get).But I'm quite confused on how to get a t6 as a free to play player... if possible.I'm not scared by grinding sessions, but I really don't know what to do.I'm doing some dyson rep, trying to work on admiralty too, but I really don't know what I'm doing to be honest.No idea what an "account unlock" is either, some light on the matter can be appreciated too.

    Anyway, I'm not even "scared" to throw a few euros in the game, but I first want to know my options as ftp.I've learned to give money only to free games where you DON'T have to, to get top tier stuff, just to follow a personal policy. It's my stupid way to fight the "pay to win" cancer in the gaming industry.

    submitted by /u/DaBigPit
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for swapping to a new ship?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    Besides moving gear in, which is meh but fine since selling it off takes a second, is there a way to transfer trays between the ships? the auto genned ones are pretty messed up and take like 5 mins to reset every time I want to move stuff. Also swapping between ships also causes weirdness.

    submitted by /u/Vindictus173
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t equip deflector

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    I bought a deflector from the research lab holding station but I can't equip it to my ship. Any help welcome.

    submitted by /u/Collegestu420
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know who the voice actor for Tal'Mera is?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    She's the Romulan on Drozana Station who

    I swear I've heard her voice before, but seeing as the wiki doesn't list most of the game's voice talent, I don't know where and it's bugging the crap out of me.

    I keep thinking "Star Trek: Legacy" for some reason...

    submitted by /u/XanthosGambit
    [link] [comments]

    Some QoL requests that don't get enough attention

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    Obviously we all know about the DilX and the high influx of ship bundles, but I feel like it's important to point out two things that have been flying under the radar for quite some time, or at least that folks haven't been talking about enough lately.

    1: Loadouts are bugged. I think the best way to solve this, at least temporarily, is to add a function for Loadouts to be deleted. Not changed, /deleted/.

    2: The Tribble Sign-Up function on the ArcGames website is broken. This should be fixed to allow folks who aren't already on Tribble to sign up and help with testing new content.

    submitted by /u/Emperor_Ricarius
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a specific t6

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    How how do I get the section 31 command heavy battle cruiser?

    submitted by /u/StatusBuffalo4826
    [link] [comments]

    The dev that "designed" the Tzenkethi Tzen-tar ripped off the Cardassian Hutet from the "Dominion Wars" game

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    Ship Re-Package Token

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    It would be nice to have the ability to re-pack single-character ships aquired from things like Lockboxes or Promo Packs, so that they can be moved to another of your characters.

    Maybe with a token bought from the C-Store for the same price as a Captain Rename Token, optionally with the re-packaged box being Bound to Account instead of unbound like the original.

    submitted by /u/Vulcanalia
    [link] [comments]

    Solution for lack of both TNG and PIC-themed items: A Legacy of Picard reputation

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    There's a lot of TNG stuff in game, but so much from that time that is missing. Conversely, we've gotten some stuff from PIC, but there's not really enough to carry an expansion or reputation itself. But if they both cover the life of one captain, I see no reason that the two couldn't be combined.

    Things like the long-requested TNG 'Dustbuster' Type 2 phaser pistol, 'Cricket' Type I phaser pistol, and the 2399 phaser rifle could be added as alternatives for a ground combat set, a vanity shield that is patterned off of the Inquiry class from PIC, reputation weapons that match the STO-standard TNG-inspired orange phaser arrays and red photon torpedoes (Have you noticed how many green or blue photon torpedo launchers there are and how few are actually red?) and maybe a unique Romulan survivor BOFF that has some sort of unique trait.

    I think you could easily roll in some of the missing TNG stuff with the remaining PIC stuff and they'd be alright together. Plus, with the random mark packs we have these days, reputations aren't as slow to grind as they were way back in the day. Plus it'd be one more free retrain token and FSM for our collections.

    submitted by /u/MightyVanguard
    [link] [comments]

    10th anniversary bundle

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    So a couple of weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger and got the 10th anniversary bundle. The big one with the extra goodies. 400 bucks. For pretend spaceships. But, hey, paying the mortgage on time is for basic bitches. I'm a rebel. I have not mentioned this purchase to my wife.

    I don't normally make big purchases like this on STO. I'm more of a $20 here and there type. But I wanted all of my toons to have their pick of Constitution class ships. Constitution class ships just represent true Trekness to me. They're classic. AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!

    The TOS MW is such a bad ass little boat. It is the Jackie Chan of my collection. It's super quick, even in combat. My bigger boats tend to crawl once Red Alert sounds. But not this little bugger. It runs circles around everything on the battlefield.

    And tough. I have to totally not be paying attention to even come close to getting blown up. And that's just on my side toons that mostly run MK12 gear. My main toon that's got MK15 VR or better everything and an Epic Bajoran Defense set? Fuggetaboutit! She just flies right into the thick of it and it's KILL! KILL! KILL! I was only using Boff abilities to trigger MW effects because I really didn't need them for anything else.

    And It looks cool. Makes me want to do Captains logs in a... really... overthetop... Shatnerian... style.

    Yes, the MW Connie is definitely my new favorite thing.

    submitted by /u/Plantagenet_Smith
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else losing their haircut?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    I have multiple toons that have gone bald since last update...which is kinda annoying.

    submitted by /u/cal_the_inquisitor
    [link] [comments]

    New Player, Almost Level 50

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 08:54 PM PDT

    Ok, first, hi all. Ok, well, I'm new to the game and almost level 50, (48) as per the title. Well, when I started I picked up the Reliant T6 ship pack that leveled with me. But as I near level 50, I'm not sure what I should do next. Will the Reliant still be viable? Should I switch to a new one at 50? Is there builds in the game? I'm still doing the main stories and I'm in the middle of the Delta Quadrant missions. (Also been re-watching Voyager while playing and had a fun time with a mission that was linked to and episode I was watching at the same time.) Well I need some advice on what to do with the 50+ game as I was told the game changes a lot at that point. I've been playing for maybe 3 weeks so, very new. I might seem a bit lost, but that is due to brain damage due to a stroke, so sometimes I get a little behind on things. I belong to a Fleet but when I've asked this question a few times I get no answers. So I came here. Thank you in advance. PS: Been a Trek fan since the 70's, only late to the game due to living in the country when the net was questionable at the best of times. I'm on PC is that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/TheCheshireMadcat
    [link] [comments]

    I've hit over 200k in my beam overload build! Very happy! Now... For 300k and beyond! ��

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Well, this is a new one - issue launching STO from Steam

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 09:09 PM PDT

    The login screen cycles for a couple seconds, and then I get the error message, "Unable to authenticate. Couldn't fetch steam ticket (2)". Googling that turns up nothing. No one has ever written that error code online before, apparently. Anyone have an idea what this is?

    submitted by /u/lotusmaglite
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment