• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday and a new question megathread!

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    One question was asked late in the previous thread and I'll include it below.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying.

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    Im sorry can you run that by me again mr. president

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    Adet'Pa, The Warlock of Nimbus III

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    OPINION: STO needs some episodic, one-off missions that just tell good Star Trek stories. Who would you like to see make a comeback?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    The Voth Advance Comes to Console

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    What are people doing for this year's First Contact Day event?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Curious as to which option people are going for.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MrGeoffAtkins
    [link] [comments]

    Did you hit 20k points of accolades?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    Yesterday I ran Hive onslaught. One guy had 20015 points of accolades. I am not acolades hunter but before yesterday I thought nobody can hit 20k points of accolades. Anyone already hits 20k points of accolades? Is it a hard work? Does this mean only veterans can hit 20K?

    submitted by /u/theodiousolivetree
    [link] [comments]

    Afternoon break in the TFO

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    What Do You Wish Your Past Self Knew When Starting Your First Character?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    I'm about to start a brand new character in STO for the first time in several years. I've not really paid close attention to the game in that time and will probably have to review a lot of game mechanics that have either been changed or added/removed entirely. And that got me thinking: "What do you wish your past self knew when starting your first character?" I'll be shameless here and will be taking your lessons as advice as I get started but I'd love to learn from those that are willing to teach!

    submitted by /u/StrictlyJ2
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t change the uniform on my bridge officers

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    Earlier today when I was about to change my bridge officer uniforms to the SF/KE Alliance I could not because it said "You cannot change the species of the character." I tried different uniforms and it said the same for all and the bridge officers were normal species like Klingon, Saurien, Betazoid. I play on PS4 if that helps.

    submitted by /u/GuferHex
    [link] [comments]

    Klingon T6 Battlecruiser Comparisons

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Is the Vor'ral battle cruiser any good? I've already got the Kurak, Qib and QeHpu', so I am trying to figure out how the Vor'ral will compare with my existing lineup.

    submitted by /u/molrihan
    [link] [comments]

    I hope this scene makes it into next season

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:48 AM PDT

    Would epic polyalloy armour be worth picking up?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I'm still pretty new (1 week) and I'm finally at end game. I've been struggling with some of the ground tfo's though. I've seen some cheapish (how do people have that much cash??) epic gear on the exchange and wondered if it would be worth getting? Cost benefit kinda thing.

    Additional question, is there a way to get a T6 without spending real money?

    submitted by /u/Marcusuk1
    [link] [comments]

    Boimler and Mariner success in confiscated contraband????

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    STO on a Macbook M1 with Parallels and ARM Windows

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    do any of you perchance run the above setup?

    Up until the last Windows update (on Sunday), everything was running fine. The last update deleted everything though, and I had to reinstall.

    Now, whenever I start the game, I see the cryptic logo, then the STO logo and finally the screen where you adjust the gamma for the first time. Then the game freezes and crashes. No error code or anything, just back to desktop. When I start the game I get the message that my graphics card is not compatible (I had this message before the update too, and it still worked). Something about setting the desktop to 32-bit color depth.

    Thanks for getting back to me, if you had the same problem and fixed it somehow.

    Best wishes, Michael

    submitted by /u/Aekel
    [link] [comments]

    Well this is a first for me , always wanted to walk around ESD on the outside , yass

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    New to STO, I heard you can make a "minion" cruiser.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    The way I imagine my captain, is somewhat of a tyranical warlord, sending minions to fight for him and screaming over the console on his captain chair. while being comfy in his nice shielded cruiser ship.

    but I know nothing of the game... I used to play a bit, remember there is a thing with populatir small fluffy creaturs that you can get rare ones and sell for profit...

    I also thought about being a support (I LOVE playing support, so much more engaging then "pew pew I kill you mohahaha") with a sicence ship... question is what can I do? can I mix sicence and cruiser-minion type gameplay?

    how much do I need to go into to get that type of gameplay?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/the_pupilwx
    [link] [comments]

    Best Faction For New Delta Recruit?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    What are your thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/spockywock
    [link] [comments]

    I remade a short cinematic from StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, using Demorecord. Featuring the Bortasqu'-class as the "Hyperion".

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    Wasn't expect them the success this training

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    I’ve bought my first zen 3 days ago, yet I still can’t use them on the dil exchange, does anyone know how much this usually takes?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    My First Ever Legendary :D

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    My First Ever Legendary :D submitted by /u/TrekFan86
    [link] [comments]

    TOS Holo Boffs showed up in my promotions tab

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    I randomly checked my promotions tab and there was the TOS Holo boff set from the Mudd Store(which I've never purchased due to being overpriced) and it said "thank you for attending the Star Trek Convention"

    When I claimed it I also got the "Convention Veteran" title, anyone else get this today?

    submitted by /u/Crunchy_Pirate
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary galaxy missing two variants.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    So I was was messing around with the Legendary galaxy from the 2020 legendary bundle when I realized it was missing two of the in game exploration cruisers, the Envoy and Celestial classes. A look at the wiki revealed that those designs are locked to the t4 exploration cruisers. Sure enough when I launched a t4 galaxy it had access to those skins. Why are the envoy and celestial variants locked to the t4 galaxys? Shouldn't the legendary gal. have all skin options?

    submitted by /u/Rendevez15
    [link] [comments]

    Phoenix ships

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    I have gotten a second epic token , i already have dommino from the one ship that gives it , is there any other ship that has a console that would come in handy ? Currently running zhat vash disrupter beams on a kelvin vengeance dreadnought, i do have all the lobi consoles that increase crtd/ctrh have a mixed set of rep and fleet stuff for the rest of my build main goal is to increase dps slightly if possible. Will update this post later with my ship build if anyone is interested in helping me refine it some as well ?

    submitted by /u/Kefla420_
    [link] [comments]

    K't'inga Refit

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    So I was playing around with skins on the L-D7, and for giggles, I kitbashed the refit hull on for those ventral cannons, only to find out they don't use hardpoints.

    I want to say I remember them being used, much like the Negh'var weapon pods. Is there any word if they might get fixed or are they just a casuality to progress?

    submitted by /u/Sejanus1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment