• Breaking News

    Monday, February 15, 2021

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 08:08 AM PST

    Let's get the week started with a new question megathread.

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying.

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else remake their alts as Boffs?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:37 AM PST

    At about the size of the Donnie, the Alliance Temer Raider is not exactly a small bird.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:38 AM PST

    Let’s bug sto to make the mirror version of ships available. Aka NX

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 06:26 AM PST

    Cryptic, Perfect World, and the Audacity of the C-Store

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 08:54 AM PST

    More and more, I'm seeing that we can't just buy things in Star Trek Online. Items of interest are either exclusively in gamble-boxes (at undisclosed drop rates), or exclusively in huge bundles.

    Can you imagine this in any other circumstance?

    I wanted to buy a litre of milk from the supermarket, but I couldn't. Milk only comes in a 'super pack', with three cans of spam, a jar of sauerkraut, a two litre jug of Cheepo-brand shampoo, a DVD of some lousy old 90s movie, a ten pack of denture brushes, and two dozen dodgy lottery tickets.

    I wanted to buy a second-hand car, but I couldn't just buy it. Instead, I had to buy 'tickets', each of which gave me a 'chance' to 'win' the car. I had to buy $12,000 worth of tickets to 'win' a $4,000 car.

    I wanted to buy a new laptop computer, but I couldn't. I had to buy special 'credits', which I could then use to buy the laptop from someone else who won the laptop from gambling. I had to spend $2,000 to get a $800 laptop.

    This ridiculous process of jumping through hoops to buy things at inflated prices is predatory, it's disgusting, and I'm sick of it.

    Addendum: Kael once said that bundles sell better than single items. That's fine; so put the item up in a bundle and as a single item.

    submitted by /u/EzriDaxsTricorder
    [link] [comments]

    Klingon Recruitment - Level 10 Klingon admiralty card reward

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 08:33 AM PST

    I love the fact Gorn can wear Top Hats. Game of The Decade, 100%

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 02:10 PM PST

    I can just see the conversation between the devs and the management over the upcoming legendary pack.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:01 AM PST

    Dev: Ok so we were only able to make four ships in time for the anniversary event thanks to COVID. Two iconic KDF ships and two FED ships. You could split them up into individual bundles like the mirror Fed dreadnought or do a single pack with ship slots for 11k-12k in line with last years offering.

    Management: But last years pack sold for 30k zen

    Dev: Yes but there were ten ships in that pack, we only have four here.

    Management: I dont care I want the money, stuff extra crap in there to bump it up to 20k zen at discount.

    Dev:... ok, whatever you say, the players aren't going to like this though.

    Management: Again I don't care.

    submitted by /u/Seraphim1982
    [link] [comments]

    Dear STO, Please Don't Mistake Player Disappointment With Player Apathy This Week

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 03:15 PM PST

    I've been reading all the posts and polls this weekend and my only reaction is sadness. I agree with what everyone is saying about the 11th anniversary bundle.

    The bang for the buck is simply not there and two things are immediately clear:

    • 90% of the player base is completely disappointed at what is now a missed opportunity
    • The bundle could have been so much more than what it is

    Asking people, whether they're whales or not, to shell out $200 should be something that is treated with the utmost seriousness. It's safe to say players knew an expensive bundle was coming and were readying their funds appropriately.

    When players get minimal amounts of new content for a year because they're told all effort is going into a massive revamp of Klingon material, they have certain expectations for what they want. When the Year of the Klingon revamps the B'Rel, the D-7, the Vor'cha, and the Negh'var, players expect that all of those vessels get released in the same legendary bundle.

    A year ago, 10 starships appeared in an anniversary mission and then the same 10 starships appeared in two expensive versions of the original legendary bundle. One of course carried a load of extras like the new 11th anniversary does this year -- but those extras were also optional. Regardless of which one players bought, expectations were met and disappointment was minimal.

    I hope when STO, Cryptic, CBS, and whoever else had a say in this newest bundle meet to discuss its failure, they realize players aren't losing interest in STO -- they're expressing their disappointment with the failure to deliver on a years-worth of expectations.

    submitted by /u/MuddsTreasure
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got up there!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 07:29 PM PST

    The escape from Gre'Thor in Leap of Faith was my hardest STO experience ever

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:18 AM PST

    My klingon recruit wasn't expect this much of resistance.

    submitted by /u/Zoli1990
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox streaming

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 09:35 AM PST

    Playing via my phone seems like a interesting experience. Does anyone else play like this?

    submitted by /u/False_Deal_4041
    [link] [comments]

    The M'challa looks like a flying hairy ballsack to me, from the rear anyway. I'm glad the refit fixed that design flaw.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 09:02 PM PST

    Um...who's left to run the ship?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 08:24 PM PST

    To the person that just sold two T6 warbirds for 10,000,000 EC...

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 03:03 PM PST

    Either you're extremely generous or need to be a bit more careful with your exchange habits. Reach out to me with a receipt and we can work something out. ❤️

    submitted by /u/TheCommodore166
    [link] [comments]

    Temer Alliance Raider Shield Visuals

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 12:35 PM PST

    Just claimed my first anniversary ship she's quite a looker.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 04:03 PM PST

    1st year of consistent STO playing - Could not be more pleased with the lovely alliance raider I just claimed today

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 11:46 AM PST

    Due to watching Enterprise for the first time through with my family (I have seen most of ENT already on my own), I got back into STO this year just in time to level up to 65 and see this 11th anniversary event. Its been great chiming in for 20 minutes or so per day and grinding out to get the new raider.

    I just got it this morning and any concern about its performance evaporated when I tried it out on patrol. The handling is fast, smooth, and the whole ship is just so responsive to the controls. My main is Romulan so I am used to somewhat sluggish ships. The cloak works like a charm, and the ability to fire while cloaked makes up for the loss of my Singularity Core powers.

    Looking forward to seeing what other missions await the captain and crew of the R.R.W. Renaissance after the New Romulus/Elachi campaign.

    Very well done Cryptic, thank you for an excellent new ride and my 1st T6.

    submitted by /u/Edain_Steward
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me, or is this years anniversary bundle incredibly underwhelming?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 11:11 AM PST

    I'm looking at the stuff we get in this bundle. The only decent of the 4 ships is the Vor'Cha. The BoP is a let down with the weapon slots, and i feel like the Excelsior and Ambassador are really not much different from the C-Store versions. Having Worf as a boff is cool, but we don't know his stats so he could suck.

    I just don't feel like the price is worth it. Am i alone here?

    submitted by /u/ryoten34
    [link] [comments]

    Is that a graphic error on the beyond refit where the saucer meets the neck, or was this intended? It looks like the saucer was placed back a little too much. On Xbox

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 05:30 PM PST

    I got my Temer Alliance Raider this morning, Fun Ship so far

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:46 AM PST

    BUG REPORT(?) Specters not playable (PS4)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 05:25 AM PST

    Two nights ago, I tried to play Spectres. Hailed the mission, accepted the mission, flew to the star system where it told me to, entered the system (still in sector space) and was greeted with a mission completed accolade and that was it. Mission log says it took just under 3 minutes to complete. It is not replayable on that character. Anyone else experience similar behavior? A little irritating as the character I tried to play it on was my TOS Lvl 65 Tac captin.

    submitted by /u/Ugcslappy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment