• Breaking News

    Friday, September 18, 2020

    Star Trek Online With all the glamour shots of Starfleet ships I thought it was time the KDF gets some love.

    Star Trek Online With all the glamour shots of Starfleet ships I thought it was time the KDF gets some love.


    With all the glamour shots of Starfleet ships I thought it was time the KDF gets some love.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    Just remember that the vengeance can be pretty customisable for a "hidden" ship, so this is how it turned out to look like

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    No, I Have A Better Idea J'ula...

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:48 AM PDT

    Ships of the Line: Nebula Bundle!

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Nimrod class

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    How about some more ballistic ground weapons from the past?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    So let me start this post by saying I don't think that the diversity of energy weapons is a bad thing or that they shouldn't be making more of them, nor am I suggesting that this should be prioritized.

    In fact, I think the devs should be milking this alliance stuff for the next content drops. Khitomer Alliance battle armor, EVA suits, weapons, alternate uniforms, large and small craft etc. I just think having some more traditional firearms that we know in real life helps tie us into the Star Trek universe, and would be nice to have at some point down the road.

    Such as:

    The M1911, copyright compliant term 45 Auto. Ballistic handgun that should handle much like a compression bolt pistol. This handgun has been seen throughout the Star Trek series, as it should since it was so influential in real life. I figured this pistol would have been added ages ago since it's seen just about as much screen time as the Thompson.

    The AR-15/M16/M4. For simplicity sake, I will refer to the whole family as the AR. Keeping with the theme of weapons that have been in Star Trek I think the AR would be a great addition to the game because of the AR's predominance in modern times. This rifle has appeared a couple times in Star Trek. You could have this weapon act in a few different ways depending on implementation. The M16A1 was the first model to appear in the show, and in that configuration it would act like a full auto rifle. There was also an M16A1 with under-barrel grenade launcher in a later scene, which could create a unique weapon where the primary fire mode is like a full auto rifle, but the secondary is a grenade like on the Omega rep pulsewaves. You could go with its VOY appearance and do a semi auto M16A2 style rifle that acts like a sniper in game. You could also go with something slightly more modern and go with an M4 style rifle which has been in service for about 30 years with minor changes, making it the longest serving style so far.

    The M1 Garand. A WW2 production rifle that's venerated for its history and novelty, the M1 has shown up in Star Trek in both VOY and DS9. Can be shot surprisingly fast due to a smooth action, but best classed as a sniper rifle in game. Would greatly make the weapon more novel if they could somehow incorporate the unique "ping" noise made when the rifle ejects empty en-bloc clips.

    submitted by /u/rifledude
    [link] [comments]

    Gagarin Glitch with Scrambling Sensors III

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    Yes Chekov, I've heard that one before! Now could Cryptic convince Sony to give XBOX players the WOK uniforms! ��

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Year of the Klingon my arse

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    Seriously, I expected a lot more than a few of reskins and a bare touch up to Q'onos.

    They seriously need to look at how they communicate and advertise upcoming content.

    submitted by /u/Profplujm
    [link] [comments]

    "Hey guess who will be joining Star Trek Online! The brilliant and talented @Yo_AdrienneW just recorded some awesome VO as a new original character. She’s been in everything cool and now she we will see her in STO S21. I hope everyone gives her a warm welcome to the family."

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    The music for the mission "Midnight" is rather epic, anyone know the name of it?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Days of Doom TFO

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    So I only usually get this TFO if it's a universal endeavor. Rhe thing I've come to realize is it doesn't seem to matter what you do. Unless the mission bugs out either someone feeds the Doomsday machine the warp core or that one ship saves the day and rams it. It doesn't seem to matter if you hit the Doosday mission with smaller warp core twenty times. You save the outpost, don't save the outpost. This mission just wastes like 15 minutes of your life until you get your marks or endeavor.

    submitted by /u/gdoubleyou1
    [link] [comments]

    Paralyzed by Choice! Help me pick my next ship!

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    I'm Tac, and currently flying a Fleet Jem'Hadar Temporal Warship. I like it a lot -- I really like the wingmen, but I think the "molecular reconstruction" ability is pretty much completely useless, and the DPS parsers i use seem to back that up.

    I have enough resources that I can choose pretty much any ship in the game -- T6, Fleet, Lobi, Zen, lockbox, whatever.

    I do want to stick with a scatter volley / dual heavy cannon build. I'm currently using disruptor gear, but i could switch to phaser or something else if there's a good reason.

    My primary interest is DPS. I don't really care about survivability. I also don't care about unlocking things for alts.

    Right now I'm really just sort of teetering between the Vengeance and the Fleet Shepherd. What would you pick in my shoes? or is there another choice I've overlooked?

    submitted by /u/Pizzzapants
    [link] [comments]

    New player connection issues.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    I heard about STO recently while watching YouTube. I have always liked all the Star Trek series plus the game looked really cool, I was excited to play through the quests while learning some of the Lore. Unfortunately the experience so far has been a bit of a nightmare. Firstly I had trouble with the Arc launcher actually trying to get the game to install. It was plagued with connection problems and seemed to get stuck in an endless loop of installing patches, I remedied this by switching to the Steam version which did fix it but the STO launcher still took age to finish downloading considering the game's size. Now I move onto my current issue with the game, the constant connection problems, trying to even login is almost impossible I can be trying for an hour or more, then on the rare occasion when I do mange to connect I'm confronted with lag spikes, rubber banding, and even disconnections. There have been a couple times when the game has run fine, which is a shame because I've really enjoyed my time playing, I don't have any idea of the current state of the population, or how may F2P/Subscribers play? but as a new player the whole connection/server issues have ruined my experience, I wonder if there have been many others put off and left due to this? as I mentioned I really enjoyed my time playing when I could, I was considering investing my time and money into STO, I have been looking for a new MMO to get into, unfortunately after about a week of this I find myself not being bothered to make the effort to login more and more.

    submitted by /u/t14oo
    [link] [comments]

    2 hangar bays with elite frigates could replace 1 weapon, right?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    After the battle

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    Impulse engines mods

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Should I be choosing full or spd to increase engine speed during combat?

    submitted by /u/Jordanomega1
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about Lobi armor.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I bought the Undine armor during the lobi sale, and it said it came with the costume for the tailor. Well every time I go to the tailor to outfit, it tells me that I need to buy a Jem'hadar set to access it for 500zen. I'm confused...is there a work around? Something I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Majinroux
    [link] [comments]

    For RP lovers, and FYI

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    I made some RP channels

    feel free to use and rp your hearts out

    DS9_RP_Fed

    DS9_RP_Qapla

    ESD_RP_Engage

    KDF_RP_Execute

    submitted by /u/KellMG96
    [link] [comments]

    Someone asked for it

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Any idea what happend here?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Any idea what happend here?

    Just tried to start the Game through Arc and was prompted with this "Game is not available in your region." Which is odd to me since I am from Germany and last time I checked there was no Problem with the game. Before any one asks yes I am not using any kind of vpn or so to change my location.

    https://preview.redd.it/1ejx9ih7evn51.jpg?width=1919&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a2f4d5f1b70027c06bbfa8c175fe0c758bde908b

    submitted by /u/PapaTim68
    [link] [comments]

    Ten Forward Weekly 09/16/2020

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    The notes in the previous thread had a lot of bad wording/were missing a bunch of things, so I made my own.

    • Kael is following up on the Temporal Ambassador mission map transfer bug on consoles
    • More Klingon updates coming with the next content drop
    • Nothing to announce in regards to STO coming to the next gen systems
    • Aakar being related to Gowron will come up next release
    • Robert O'Reilly has a backstory explaining why Gowron's family having big eyes that might make it into the game
    • Company that does key art for STO though Aakar's big eyes were a mistake at the first, sent Cryptic art without them, Cryptic told them no its supposed to be that way
    • Great House Leaders will be more important in the next release
    • Entwined Tactical Matrices starship trait problems are known
    • Worf isn't in the current story arc due to budget reasons, might come in later
    • Teaming up for TFOs problem on console is one of those chases through the code issues that they just haven't solved yet
    • Letting people chose warping/beaming animations is a big project they want to do
    • Cryptic is looking to make a lot of QoL ugprades in 2021
    • Champions Online gender change is something they want to bring to STO, aboslute earliest is anniversay next year due to more layers of things in STO
    • Someone in twitch chat suggests, and Kael asks, if people would be intrested in buying a character ugprade to give non aliens a 10th trait slot, or giving ships more device/console slots
    • There was no drawn out plan at the start of the game leading to the Iconian War, its just where they ended up
    • Don't think there will be 5+ year long storylines like the Iconian War in the future
    • Discovery missions were more episodic due to trying to adapt to the show faster
    • Current missions are more serealized due to being back on thier own story
    • Tech used for Red Angel suit could be used make your character morph into just about anything
    • It is now possible to do non-humanoid BOFFs. Its not something they are working on right now
    • Kael emailed Al saying Badgey should be a combat pet
    • Player housing would be a huge giant system, and Kael is not sure if thats anything they would do any time soon. Same with customizeable ready room.
    • Borg faction is something they talk about, not in the cards right now
    • Disco era Klingon faction closer then a Borg faction
    • Jette can't stream due to technical difficutlies. She can connect to Skype and Discord, but can't do audio or video calls for some reason
    • The sceince advisor for all the new Trek shows has started playing STO
    • No plans for First Federation content
    submitted by /u/TheSajuukKhar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment