• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday!

    Let's get the week started with a new question megathread.

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite Doff can sure be a boob, but we've made great mammaries together

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    Starting August 20th, four new Support Carriers are being made available in the C-Store. Cross Faction Support Carrier Bundle

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    This size comparison is...really weird

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Mashing spacebar is not, and never will be, gameplay. It's time PC users had the ability to put some BOFF powers on autofire.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    All there in the title. I've heard people mock the idea because it would "make the game too easy." No, it really wouldn't. It'd just make your thumb twitchy because it's used to tapping like mad during combat.

    submitted by /u/Elda-Taluta
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have one of these cool New Romulus Rhino's as a combat pet? (Like the Voth Raptor)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Now this is a glitch I have NOT seen before.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    Can console players finally get Carrier Commands once the new bundle is launched?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    There are plenty of useless Doffs on console for these abilities, would be nice if we could use them

    submitted by /u/Profplujm
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing as a Klingon in STO! Let's see what's new in 2020 :D

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    Seeking Feedback on Maximizing Fleet Modules

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm looking for advice on the best use of the 13 fleet modules accumulated through completing the Reputation verticals. I'm a fed tactical captain.

    To date, I've spent 5 of the 13. I've used them to upgrade C-store ships to fleet ships.

    Here are the 5 fleet ships I've acquired (accounting for one fleet module each):

    Fleet Gagarin Miracle Worker Battlecruiser
    Fleet Temporal Battlecruiser
    Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser
    Fleet Battlecruiser
    Fleet Mogai Heavy Warbird

    With my eight remaining fleet modules, what do you think is the most effective way to allocate them?

    I'm inclined to identify a T6 ship fleet that I have not yet acquired where maybe it's not so worthwhile to acquire the C-store version and master the trait.

    I'm also open to awesome traits I may be missing from C-store ships that I can then upgrade to a Fleet version.

    What awesome ship am I missing?

    Thoughts?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mickeymccarter
    [link] [comments]

    Cross Faction Support Carrier Bundle

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Trapped in a public zone, unable to beam out.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    So I came back after several years out.
    I found that some of my characters are unable to beam out of their zones.
    The beam out button is greyed out and won't work regardless of how many times I log out.
    Tried getting a support ticket, but they haven't gotten back in a few days and they might have quietly closed the ticket.
    Anyone know how to deal with this situation?

    EDIT: A guy in reddit chat helped me out. He invited me to a private pvp map, and killed me 30 times, and when that was done I was back in the sector map.
    I booked it to Qo'Nos and I'm not leaving.
    Thanks for all the help!

    submitted by /u/SYLOH
    [link] [comments]

    City on the edge of Never

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    It was promised to return by the end of 2018, it hasn't come back yet, are we to assume its been thrown away like State of Q was, something they just forgot about and is never comming back. Honestly it's a shame if that's the case because it was just a fun mission, anyone heard anything.

    submitted by /u/candle_86
    [link] [comments]

    Connection issues on Xbox One

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Anyone else had a problem with getting random disconnects during TFOs? It's been happening a lot to me over the last week.

    submitted by /u/cjohnson1583
    [link] [comments]

    Are the new fighter squadrons put into the old pets or sold separately and or with after purchase of the new carriers?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    With the release of the new support carriers in the game very soon cryptic recently announced there will be new pets. They recently announced the new squadrons which are a remodel of the tac flyers. So do the old pets get a facelift and get the squadron ability? Or do they come with the pack and or purchased separately by vendors from the social zones or fleet holdings? I'd also imagine the stats could be similar and or the same as the tac flyers with minimal change. I honestly doubt that the Runabouts and pets with similar size get much of a change or maybe get another launched pet alongside. So that means 2 runabouts for 1 pet slot with 4 in total if the ability is in game.

    submitted by /u/Space_Potatoroid302B
    [link] [comments]

    Jean-Luc and The Iconians

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Aside from being an alright band name, I've been thinking about our TNG captain lately and the Iconians, specifically the Iconian War.

    Basically Captain Picard destroyed an Iconian gate which alerted the Iconians to the powers of the alpha quadrant which led to a trickle down effect that culminated in their desire to destroy us. That coupled with his decision to allow Tasha Yar to go with the Enterprise C versus sending anybody else or no one at all, led to the birth of Sela...and we all know how that went.

    So would it be fair to say that the Iconian War was the result of Captain Picard (or Guinan for that matter)?

    submitted by /u/TheNewATeam
    [link] [comments]

    I just saw a gravity well shooting out green lightning? Am I going crazy? Did they update the visuals, or is this a new ability?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    More of Cryptic's amazing proofreading at work.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    Nice Risa Event Ship, but not sure if its a large shuttle or just a really small ship.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    USS Legion, NX-81773-X

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    What's the best D7 Battlecruiser? [T6]

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I understand they all look great. However, which of this holy trinity gives the best performance. (Sci captain if that helps). * D7 Temporal Battlecruiser * D7 Miracle-Worker Flight-Deck Carrier * Kelvin Timeline D7 Heavy Destroyer

    submitted by /u/Dat-Minou
    [link] [comments]

    Breen Absolute Zero Set Gone?!?!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm an old player returning to the game.

    My first order of business was to go collect my favorite cosmetic set.

    Then I find out that the entire Cold War story Arc has been removed?

    So I do some online research, find out they moved it from episodes into "Available" missions.

    But then at some point after that, it has completely disappeared entirely...

    So then someone else said I had to finish some other episodes first.

    Some other website suggested veteran players sharing episode replays, which works, however doesn't allow you to collect any Breen gear as a reward?!?!

    So my question is; are these cosmetic pieces just lost now? Gone forever? Nowhere to be found?

    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

    I miss flying around with frost cloud trails.

    submitted by /u/Eusebius0222
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question - I am level 18, if I buy a T6 ship will I be OP or will it just scale down and I wont feel powerful?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    The reason im asking is that I feel im in a constant battle to upgrade my ship and I always feel im a bit overwhelmed, I just had a fight with a Ramulan cruiser and it was a tough battle. I want to be powerful and I was wondering how to do so?

    Shall I Just buy a T6? (assuming it wont scale down) Shall I buy better upgrades?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/system3601
    [link] [comments]

    Do all t6 ships have 11 console?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Just wandering if there is a t6 ship that has more the 11 or 12 more console slots?

    submitted by /u/FriendlyAide
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: The Sci Boff Ability "Mask Energy Signature" Three Can Make a Good Cloaking Alternative

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment