• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday!

    Let's get the week started with a new question megathread.

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    My new ship i got as a gift from my parents!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Oh no, I think I'm in love with the Sovereign all over again...

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    My Daughter would Love to be able to Name her Pets

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Her favorite thing to do in STO (other than fill Main Engineering with balloons) is to collect pets. Unfortunately, she can't give them names. They're all just "Pet Cat - Orange Tabby" or "Risian Lunarian Caracal - Midnight". It's so impersonal and generic.

    I know, I know. 10 year old game. Spaghetti code. And there'd have to be a language filter (although that obviously already exists for ships).

    Just relaying a feature request from a little girl and budding Star Trek fan. :)

    submitted by /u/Pizzzapants
    [link] [comments]

    RNG is a fickle b*tch... Full space perks finally happened.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    I put my main through Artbreeder and photoshopped the result back into the screenshot.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Imagine having this as an alt-skin for the Akira

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Build Costs

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Never thought I would be able to afford the Acheros, but today I got luckier than I ever have been in a game in my life!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Miniaturized pet ships

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Are there any other's than the Danube Runabout ?

    Never was a non combat pet guy, but it is really funny floating around at Risa with it 😁.

    And

    Pls add miniaturized ship versions to future lockboxes, pls.

    submitted by /u/ModestArk
    [link] [comments]

    Tornado Thing

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    On multiple TFOs, I've seen team members utilise something against enemy ships that looks sort-of similar to the plasma (I think) tornadoes seen in the Badlands.

    To make it easier to understand what I'm talking about, they're gold/beige in colour, and HUGE.

    If anyone could help me to how I can use this myself, I'd appreciate it.

    I thought it was something utilised with the Terran Task Force, but I'm probably wrong as that's the first reputation that I've maxed out.

    submitted by /u/gammaqoverlord
    [link] [comments]

    Fun non meta stuff?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Surely this has been asked countless time but I can't find any posts and with the Summer Event seems a timely question.

    What's your favourite non meta gear/traits/stuff for space and for ground?

    For me, at the mo, I'm loving the Gravitron Displacer and the Non-Baryonic Asteroid.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/lucatus
    [link] [comments]

    Put my Reman through Artbreeder......ummmm?!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    Let's do the time warp again!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Temporal Operations Division

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Temporal Operations Division was created by five players that didn't know each other but had the same goals in mind: Make new friends and enjoy the game with them. We formed the fleet, because we wanted to make a fleet that was more about making friends and helping one another rather than rush the fleet to just get gear. We're slowly growing past a dozen players and are looking for new and vets alike that would like to make new friends and run content with us! We are building the holdings up and just wish for all to do what they can to help build the fleet. Most important to us is that Real Life comes first and there is no rushing or pressure from fleetmates to contribute. Come join us today and enjoy Sto with some new friends!

    submitted by /u/GarrettDodson
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Tested Electrified Anomalies?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    It looks like it would command a prominent place in the Sci ship starship trait meta, alongside Spore Infused Anomalies. So just curious if someone has already claimed it and parsed any numbers and could say "definitely" or "not so much".

    submitted by /u/spiritwalker83
    [link] [comments]

    WHAT?? I most certainly did NOT!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    "Sir, the Yorktown is leaving! There's Klingons everywhere!"

    "That's the nature of being the rearguard, Ensign. Target the nearest ship and fire."

    "Forward shields down, sir!"

    "Redistribute to cover our 12. Engineering, transfer Emergency Power to Shields. T'Met, how are those Hazard Emitters coming?"

    "Active... now."

    "Target destroyed, sir!"

    "Evasive Maneuvers, Ensign. Try to get us out of weapons range of the Klothos. Attack Pattern Alpha. Target the nearest ship and fire."

    "Target destroyed!"

    "Helm, come about. Let's isolate the Klothos. Destroy that last D7. Fire as soon as we're in range."

    "Firing, aye! Target destroyed!"

    "All right, Kor. Let's see how tough you are without your pals to--"

    BOOM

    ...

    "I'm afraid you're dead."

    "Excuse me??"

    "Your ship was destroyed in combat while protecting the retreat of Admir--"

    "I beg your unbelievable pardon? I was winning that fight!"

    "Er. Uh. N-No. You were surrounded, and--"

    "And I kicked the crap out of them, is what happened. They were down to one ship."

    "Well... maybe that's the one that killed you."

    ...

    "It's possible, you know. Your ship was damaged, and the Klothos had--"

    "You blew up my ship, didn't you?"

    ...

    "Yes."

    "That's what I thought."

    "The thing is, you were supposed to die, and--"

    "&%#hole."

    ...

    "Fair enough."

    "Seriously, @#$& you."

    submitted by /u/lotusmaglite
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a picture guide that shows what each type of Risian tropical bird looks like?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Epic prize token?.....seriously?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Okay so here I am farming for Phoenix upgrades (and they just haaaad to just give me an epic price token- first, ever!) So noooow comes these supposedly improbable question that I have finally been blessed to ask myself:

    "What ship trait is the worthiest to shop for when using an epic prize token?"

    submitted by /u/warrynnpeese0791
    [link] [comments]

    The Aspero Support Carrier brings the hopes of the Caitian People to the galaxy at large…coming 8/20 on all platforms.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Q: Can we expect a Zen Store Sale anytime soon?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I have begun to play this game almost a month ago and ... I browse the Zen Store every day to consider my options as I plan to buy a few services like "account shared bank slots", additional inventory slots etc and at least one T6 (maybe as a part of a starter pack? - which one then?).
    I know I DO NOT HAVE TO do that to enjoy the game but I feel I could use those.
    Someone over the "zone" chat in the ESD told me that Cryptic organizes huge sales during Summer and Winter Events but had no idea when something like that could happen...

    What do you (experienced players/admins) know/think about that? Is it possible? Should I wait a day or 3? I am not in a hurry.

    submitted by /u/MrsMacio
    [link] [comments]

    So Promo or Lockbox?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Crossed that all-important milestone today.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    Realistic Admiral Quinn

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Chimesh Trait vs Somerville Trait for Gravity Well?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    I've been holding onto my free ship token for about a month now deciding what to get and I have settled on buffing my Gravity Well with a trait since I have all the ships I want.

    I was just wondering which of the Traits gives a larger buff: The Chimesh's Improved Gravity Well or the Somerville's Spore Anomalies?

    submitted by /u/GSD_SteVB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment