• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 8, 2020

    Star Trek Online To the women of Star Trek Online and women everywhere happy International Women's Day

    Star Trek Online To the women of Star Trek Online and women everywhere happy International Women's Day


    To the women of Star Trek Online and women everywhere happy International Women's Day

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    How do I string my bow?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    "Lighting"

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 12:34 PM PST

    Kelvin Admiral Uniform

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Was just in the tailor looking at uniform options and saw the kelvin admiral option with a ZEN value of 0, clicked on it and "purchased" the uniform. Not sure if this is common knowledge but anyone looking to have it should take a look.

    submitted by /u/UnderCovrH
    [link] [comments]

    Mix up events a bit?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    I find that running an event can be draining running the same mission over and over and over...I roll my eyes and hit the queue button really wishing I could be doing something else. I really enjoyed the borg resurgence because it let me chose how I can play it but with ones like Binary Stars or the Anniversary I find myself hating it towards the end and where they become regular TFOs I end up avoiding them because I am burnt out on them. Which do you prefer, single event or mulitiple choice ways to complete the TFO event?

    submitted by /u/Pennylong
    [link] [comments]

    Play STO anywhere, including your phone, with GForce Now

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    30 Days to go Console Captains, Legendary Bundle drops in 30 days, get saving/grinding.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    More historical battles please?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 10:43 PM PST

    DS9 being my favorite, I'd love to see more "shooting gallery" operations like Sacrifice of Angels' Operation Return and the battles of Chin'toka.

    It is however unfortunate that most large scale battles have to be scaled down to accommodate resource issues for both the players and the game.

    submitted by /u/Drastic-Rap-Tactics
    [link] [comments]

    [STO] The WHO recommends you spend at least 20 seconds washing your hands to prevent the spread of disease - or about the amount of time you lot used to spend fighting the Crystalline Entity.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 12:01 PM PST

    Autologin problem (Steam)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    It worked for a while but now it says: invalid username/ password and I have to manually enter the password again in the launcher.. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

    submitted by /u/Divisionaris
    [link] [comments]

    Will we ever see a Kelvin Recruitment Event?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    What do you all think the odds are of us getting a Kelvin Fed Start, like the Disco and TOS Fed Starts?

    I ask, because I have a special Lootbox package with Kelvin uniforms and weapons that I've been saving until I get a Kelvin ship, and now I have the Legendary pack.

    But if we're going to get 'real' Kelvin player characters (with transporter effects, et al), I'd rather save this one shot for that.

    OTOH, waiting for a playable race that will likely never happen is why I've had a Suliban Cell Ship in my Account Bank for the last five years.

    So I bring this question to my fellow Stredditers: Do you think we will ever see a Kelvin Fed Start?

    submitted by /u/gendouk
    [link] [comments]

    Early Khitomer Class

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 10:20 PM PST

    Got stuck in counterpoint little while ago. Along Tarok Nor. And could not use ' I am stuck' due to to being 'in combat'. Did not use the lorca ambush

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 08:08 PM PST

    Has this happened to anyone else?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 06:39 PM PST

    Borg Exoskeletal frame xb1

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    I just got the borg exoskeletal frame from the lobi store thinking I would be able to make a borg crew, but have no options in the boff section of the tailor. Is this the same on the pc?

    submitted by /u/garry101
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't Battle at the Binary Stars award Elite Marks?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Just got given Type 7 Shuttle

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    So I was just parked outside ESD looking through DOff missions when I noticed the little item claim popup for a Type 7 shuttle, which I believe was the admiralty card. I check in admiralty and have the card, look in the ZEN store and see it's classed as available so claim it and now have it as if I'd bought it. No idea what happened, definitely didn't spend any of my ZEN but now definitely have it unlocked in the C-Store so somehow you can get a free shuttle I guess!

    submitted by /u/MirumVictus
    [link] [comments]

    What's the easiest way to get the vengeance if I'm on PS4?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    EC

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    What's a faster more efficient way of earning? New job has me playing less so I need to make as much as possible when I can. I currently do TTG, admiralty, doff's stay busy and I sell loot on the exchange

    submitted by /u/Wranglerspace420
    [link] [comments]

    Is the NX Class from a promotion account unlocked or character bound?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    I tried to ask this on the STO forums a long time ago, but never got a clear answer.

    It was a promo they did a long time ago, and you could get a NX Class (the low Tier one). I never picked it up because I never knew if it was account/character unlocked.

    I know all ships from the C-Store are supposed to be account unlocked. But there are other things that were account unlocks, that they changed to character unlocks for promotional things.

    If anyone else has gotten the promotion NX Class, could you please let me know if it unlocked it for your account?

    Razar.

    submitted by /u/Razar1
    [link] [comments]

    [Suggestion] Beams: Overload visual effects tweaks and multiple Dual Beam Bank hardpoints

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 04:56 PM PST

    [Suggestion] Beams: Overload visual effects tweaks and multiple Dual Beam Bank hardpoints

    I bring this to the attention of everyone because I think it would 1) make B:O look much cooler 2) make more sense for the ability. I absolutely love the single-target efficiency of B:O. Being able to obliterate most enemies in 1-2 passes is an extremely satisfying feeling. Not to mention, after the recent buff it looks and feels phenomenal too!

    There are just a few minor problems with the VFX that irk me. Have you ever noticed that when fighting, say, a dreadnought while equipped with DBBs, each one of your individual DBBs seems to target a different point on the cube? This seems to be exponentially more noticeable with larger enemies, especially with things like Borg cubes and gateways. I don't know what these specific points are called, but I'm going to refer to them as targeting nodes from here forward. How I'm guessing that these targeting nodes work is that when some number of them are in direct line-of-sight with your ship, once you fire, there will be a random assignment of one of your weapons to a certain targeting node. I believe this process refreshes with each subsequent beam pulse (about 5 times per firing cycle, IIRC). When it comes to DBBs this means that, in general, the larger the enemy is, the larger the "spread" of your beams. It's particularly noticeable with DBB hardpoints that are close together (e.g. Gagarin).

    This problem carries over to B:O, which just makes the screen kind of messy and negates the philosophy behind B:O. If you want to take down a target quickly, your weapons should concentrate fire on a specific part of the target ship, meaning that your beams (in general, actually) should all line up on a single targeting node per beam pulse. This should also be true of EW:SS.

    Another thing, specifically when it comes to DBBs, all ships seemingly only have one (pair, I guess) of hardpoints. This makes a regular firing volley look like B:FAW on steroids when firing at larger ships. Four or five beams should not be coming out of a single emitter (even two is too much, and one of the main reasons I dislike FAW). I realize that asking for a complete update of all ships with new DBB hardpoints is probably too much to ask, but still, it would be really nice to have some extra hardpoints for DBBs. Cannons also suffer from a similar issue, but to a far lesser extent, but I'll leave my suggestions for cannons in another post.

    What do you guys think?

    Examples of the issue:

    https://preview.redd.it/pf3me2rskcl41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=576b50be3b7d1281d893684c3551a68120a0fff5

    https://preview.redd.it/qwpll0l5jcl41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=86b35d21bd7a9ae815966e0bac56c9f2e90966b5

    TL;DR: Make beams focus on a single point for Beams: Overload, and add more dual beam bank hardpoints

    submitted by /u/TerraBlitz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment