• Breaking News

    Monday, January 6, 2020

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:18 AM PST

    Welcome to the first Monday of 2020!

    Let's get the week going with another question megathread.

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Happy flying!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    So, I just noticed it's officially 2411!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:33 AM PST

    It's been for a while, actually.

    The official lore blog post Jayce's Interstellar: The State of the Romulan Navy actually advanced in-game time without much fanfare.

    The stardate 88182.49 corresponds to March 8th, 2411.

    The post also strongly implies that the stardates corresponding to 2412 found in Quark's Lucky Seven intelligence files are in fact erroneous, as it considers the Hur'q conflict resolved ("many of these agreements have dried up in the days following the Hurq [sic] Conflict") and mid-2411 is clearly stated to be in the future.

    submitted by /u/RandomGirl42
    [link] [comments]

    I think this is my favorite ship now, after finally getting to play with the visuals!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:10 PM PST

    This month, we celebrate our tenth anniversary as a live game. It's been an incredible ride, and we want to hear from you - what's your favorite memory of the last ten years? Use the hashtag #TenYearsofSTO

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Nvidia Control Panel

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

    Ok folks, I need to pick your brains. I've been searching for hours now and my googlefu has found nothing relevant.

    Does anyone know if STO has some compatibility issue with Nvidia Control Panel?

    My intention is to try to sort out the anti-aliasing in game (which isn't great) by using NCP to configure things.
    However, I've been having a weird issue with STO and NCP. Essentially, whatever settings I put into NCP, there is no effect on STO whatsoever. This used to work in the past and I'm just at a loss as to why this is happening.

    Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong here, or is there some systemic issue in the way?

    Any ideas would be welcomed!

    EDIT

    Hi there, mr downvoter! Pardon me for asking a question!

    submitted by /u/FrankObolobolopoulos
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 - Unable to launch Delta Quadrant patrols from Delta Quadrant Sector Space

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:05 AM PST

    Pretty much the title. It has been this way for quite some time for me. Quick examples include the Jerlath and Syllerran systems in the north-most sector. There is no option to enter the patrol, and there are plenty of others with the same issue scattered about the quadrant. Was this addressed? Did I miss something?

    submitted by /u/TH3J03YG
    [link] [comments]

    How is the T6 Vesta holding up these days?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:42 AM PST

    I have an alt using a T5-U Vesta with the Vesta console set and was considering upgrading her to a T6 Vesta. Knowing it's an older ship I was wondering how it holds up compared to one of the new(er) science ships.

    submitted by /u/CaptFabulous
    [link] [comments]

    Another question of BOFFS

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:27 AM PST

    So, I think someone could answer this for me rather quickly:

    Are the BOFF traits stackable? Is it better to have multiple of a trait or is one enough? Also, will I receive a benefit slotting them to the small craft station or do they have to be on a ship station?

    Thanks, I've read the wiki but I didnt find what I was looking for.

    submitted by /u/jmaugrim
    [link] [comments]

    Just wondering why old loot boxes have a value compared to Infinity boxes?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:44 PM PST

    Example I have a ton of the tal shiar boxes, and other old ones. I was wondering why some of those have such a high resell when most of the stuff is in the Infinity boxes and you can pick.

    submitted by /u/HarlockJC
    [link] [comments]

    What would your dream era be to revist in the game?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:01 PM PST

    While I doubt cryptic will be doing a new event where more time travel will be involved, I would love for them to visit the Enterprise era. I think they could do something pretty cool where we participate in the Earth-Romulan War. It would give them a tremendous opportunity story wise and they could introduce new Earth Starfleet designs or incorporate older ones.

    submitted by /u/redsaberecho401
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any of the old, now-removed Romulan Mystery missions that they can share with me?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:58 PM PST

    I'm returning after many years away and I'd like to replay the original Romulan Mystery arc. Yes, I know some of the missions aren't great. I still want to do it. Plus the accolades!

    I've read a few old posts on this sub from two or three years back from people who had these missions in their logs at the time and were up for sharing them. Does anyone in the year 2020 still have these missions? I'll do my part in sharing them with others in the future as well.

    Here are the missions that can no longer be picked up, but can be finished by those who have it in their logs via sharing (or having picked them up prior to the removal of their pickupability).


    Under the Cover of Night

    Minefield

    Divide et Impera

    Saturday's Child

    Preemptive Strike

    Hunting the Hunters

    Project Nightingale

    By Any Means

    Ground Zero

    Ghost Ship

    Friend of my Enemy

    Taris (the original, not the current mission of this name which is different)

    Trapped

    S'harien's Swords


    Ingame (on PC) I'm Miyari@Treadstone#0582. If I'm not online, just throw me a PM and I'll hop on.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/djmeowth
    [link] [comments]

    Healing abilities

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:04 PM PST

    I have come across a multitude of people in my fleet who utilize starships that have the ability to fully heal after being knocked down to 50%, and none of them bother to inform me on what causes it, so I am curious as to what it might be

    submitted by /u/Dank_Ranger
    [link] [comments]

    Cold looking ground weapons and Boolean looking weapons?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:14 AM PST

    I have a ground character that has the Breen outfits for himself and boffs. I also have a https://sto.gamepedia.com/CRM_200. Is there any other ground weapons that look cold to complete the Breen theme? The Nukara weapons, while cold based, are disappointing in their look and performance (even upgraded).

    Also, any ground weapons that look like a Boolean is beam color, size and animation?

    submitted by /u/xoham
    [link] [comments]

    Tholian Tarantula

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:18 PM PST

    This may be a stupid question as I haven't played the game in a while, but is this ship still able to be obtained by any means?

    submitted by /u/LooneyBird542
    [link] [comments]

    Need help claiming the awakening verdant pack

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:52 AM PST

    I logged on today and saw in the title menu a free pack was available for free so I decided why not get it beacuse it had a new weapon 12 extra inv slots and 3 master keys but when I went to get it I clicked on buy ( still free but it was the Xbox store says) and then it didn't want to download or maybe it's just is a background thing anyone else has experienced this help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Johnnybulldog13
    [link] [comments]

    Energy Credits

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Ik this could've been continued in the thread but, I found a Tholian Tarantula, and I was wondering if anyone has found any good easy way to farm up energy credits, I'm up for the grind I found one for 250m on the exchange but I'd rather work up to 500m just incase this one gets snatched up.

    submitted by /u/LooneyBird542
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment