• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 4, 2020

    Star Trek Online Can we get this ship? (Typhoon)

    Star Trek Online Can we get this ship? (Typhoon)


    Can we get this ship? (Typhoon)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:36 AM PST

    Any chance of an Interphase vanity shield?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I know what we need for the next event Admiralty Card

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:11 AM PST

    Trust in the Rust.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:01 PM PST

    ISA is one queue on one difficulty, please let us have it.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    I want to start by saying that I empathize with people who don't like dps chasers like me ruining their queue, and some are elitist and look down on others; the other day I was testing the new event ship and it was really laggy so the results were quite bad (by normal standards anyway), and there was another guy with similar dps to me who mentioned it, and I said that I had the lag and rubber banding too, and he responded "and %$#*>ing noobs". I called him out in team chat but some had left already. I don't condone that behavior--everybody has a right to play and enjoy the game their own way.

    On the other hand, we should have the right to enjoy the game our way too. Many of us have been playing for years (coming on 6 for me), and are some of the most hardcore and dependable spenders even if we aren't whales (starship traits be expensive yo).

    HSE is great, but it requires a team effort and sometimes that's not available. The foundry is gone so we don't have single player parsing maps anymore (outside of a couple patrols) and the test map they added is restricted to tribble which some don't have access to. ISA is the best we've got. It's accessible at all times, doesn't have time gates, and is easy enough for beginner parsers and hardcore chasers. We need that map.

    I'm hopeful that ISE can be the new pug parsing map for high end players, but even if it isn't for whatever reason, ISA will still be important as a stepping stone map.

    I'm sorry that we occasionally take the fun out of that queue, especially now that it's going to have an entire event dedicated to it, but it's fundamental to our enjoyment of the game. You can always play it on normal difficulty, or play one of the other TFOs, many of which are a lot of fun.

    Please don't resent us too much for highjacking that one map.

    submitted by /u/sto_guy
    [link] [comments]

    In the middle of a warzone

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Didn't have the energy to do any endeavours, but couldn't resist a twofer!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Earhart Makes for an Awesome Bomber Build

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Ship avaliability: With there being 6 factions, divided in to 2 allegiances, I wonder who can use what ships?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:30 AM PST

    I have been considering picking up star trek online for a while now. I just learnt that the gorn are free to play, which increased the odds of that by a lot. However, the Gorn belong in the Klingon Defence Force, and if I may be honest here...

    I never liked klingon ship designs. Power to you if you like them, they are not my cup of tea. So, I wonder, how much can you access ships of other species within the same allegiance? Could I access, as a gorn, non-klingon ships by any means?

    submitted by /u/Doveen
    [link] [comments]

    Omega Helmets on BOFFS

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:28 AM PST

    Is this possible? I unlocked the costume rep unlock and although I can use the helmets from Terran Task Force and the Burnham EV suit, I cant use Omega?

    If I cant use Omega, is there a suitably starfleetish helmet available?

    submitted by /u/jmaugrim
    [link] [comments]

    As many have said before...TFO rewards need to be adjusted

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

    If I queue for a random tfo and i get CC, I'm done in five minutes and it's not difficult. But if I get Into The Hive, it's at least a half an hour (if you have a good team), but usually more, cause many players haven't played it before and get frustrated cause they don't really know what to do exactly. So if they don't leave, and stick it out (kudos to these warriors!) it takes much longer. At the end of it all, the reward value is pretty much the same as the quick run through CC.

    More involved and difficult TFOs should have a higher payout...encourage people to play content they wouldn't normally...respect the devs who created it in the first place.

    submitted by /u/DunceCaps
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find a Purple quality Chef

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:37 PM PST

    As the title says i am looking for a purple quality chef there are currently none on the exchange so I would be willing to farm for one but all my searching came up empty as to where to find them I even found a list that names them but nothing comes up in searches also I would prefer a human chef. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to find a chef.

    submitted by /u/RJ_Dragon
    [link] [comments]

    Kelvin D7, definitely a favorite of 2019

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:16 PM PST

    A current and sad DPS trend

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:21 AM PST

    Edit 2: I apologize for everything. I'm sorry for being such an obvious bad player. Sorry for not playing better or understanding the game better. I figured after 9 years of play, 13 alts, I would know a few things but it's obvious that I don't. Sorry for bothering the community with my stupid thoughts. It will not happen again.

    Edit: it's obvious that I stand alone on this from the comments already generated. Where my post was meant in the spirit of playing with people and sharing in a joyful experience, it was taken in another light. That's probably my fault for not stating this more eloquently.

    <rant> I get it, people want to parse their ships in ISA, although I would still argue it's a horrible measure; it is what it is.

    Here's a problem, some of the remaining team members want to play also. We want to fire our weapons, activate skills, pilot around nasty spheres. We like to play the game also. We like random maps too.

    I'm not here to compete with DPS leaguers. It didn't interest me when the league formed and it doesn't interest me now. I respect your choice, but please don't ruin the experience for the rest of us because you want to push 300k and my 40-60k can't compete. Killing everything on the map before the rest of us can get into range and fire is kinda selfish. You want to do a parse? I'm happy to form a team and help, sit back and let you do your thing. Just let me know ahead of time.

    I'd rather play a TFO with random people and fail or not meet objectives, than to not get to play at all.

    To those of you who like to play as a team, thank you. You make the game the wonderful experience it is.

    </rant>

    submitted by /u/RoninUTA
    [link] [comments]

    This is how I tell STO stories

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

    With the help of many fleet members standing in for characters and a story idea from a friend, over a 2 month period, we pulled off the impossible!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xA7BE4C8xQ

    submitted by /u/TheOGGrimnaught
    [link] [comments]

    NPCs in TFOs seem to disappear

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:02 PM PST

    So, i have lately a serious problems in space TFOs.

    All NPCs suddenly disappear for a couple of seconds as if they are not on the map anymore.

    For an example i play an ISA with camera on widest possible setting, but after i turn around from transformer 1 towards the gateway / sphere group the only thing i see is the vortex from the gateway. I need to turn around the cam for a while an then its like the npcs were shrouded in mist somehow. Clicking around or pressing TAB to target does absolutely nothing.

    Graphic settings are at max GPU is a GTX 1060 3GB with latest driver installed.

    submitted by /u/burnoutmax1981
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 - Auto-execute function bug

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:39 PM PST

    Has anyone on console encountered a bug where there powers aren't auto-executing at red alert? Specifically, OSS3 and EPW1 won't auto-execute as set. Weirdly, OSS1 and EPW3 work fine.

    I've encountered a similar bug elsewhere: ST1 won't auto-execute (set to at less than 75% average shields--shields totally depleted, but did not trigger ST1).

    UPDATE: Dry-docking ship, and then recommissioning resolved issue.

    submitted by /u/Direwolf016
    [link] [comments]

    What is the fastest way to gain expertise?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:31 PM PST

    An option for the next Coupon

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:53 PM PST

    With the next event I will get my last 150 points towards current 100%-off ZEN coupon, and looking for an advice from you guys on what to choose next I am really into torp builds, have several alts that I want to transform into kinetic destroyers, but not sure what to choose from all of the available options I have in mind Gagarin, even though it does not have any command settings, but it seems like a pretty good ship overall (and the trait could favor torp build) Other options are Earhart - because of command seeting and a trait, and another one is Vastam - I guess since it is romulan I will be able to use it on my KDF toon as well? Trait is OK, and command seetings are nice My target toons are both ENG and TAC Would be glad to hear what you think of these, or maybe other ships I didn't thought of

    submitted by /u/apologizingpal
    [link] [comments]

    Fleet Ships Part 2

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:42 PM PST

    A couple months ago I asked if anyone knew of a Fed fleet that'd let me purchase a fleet ship. Fortunately I found one. This time I'm asking if anyone knows of a KDF fleet that'd let me purchase a fleet ship without all of the contribution grind.

    submitted by /u/Datjman034
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment