• Breaking News

    Monday, July 26, 2021

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday your new question megathread!

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Last weeks thread can be found here.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying.

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    Late to the party - but this made my day

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    True Endgame content. My Captain's uniform matches her pet. I think I just won the game!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    T5 infinity ship give away!!! If you’re interested….

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    So I have over 20 infinity T5 ships to give away if anyone is interested…they just clogging up my inventory…if you would like one please inbox me your ingame handle and which ship you would like and I'll get around to it ASAP:)

    submitted by /u/Wattheycus
    [link] [comments]

    Lack of options for second Plasma Omni.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    So while putting together a Plasma Beam DBB ship on an alt, I was surprised to learn there is a distinct lack of options for a second Plasma Omni. There are none available from Missions or Rep. The sole choice that remains is in Altamid Omni from the Lobi store. While that's not a bad Omni, I think the only option for a second Plasma Omni should cost 200 Lobi. Particularly when you consider every other energy type has multiple options between missions and reputations to add a free second omni.

    P.S. I know about the KCB. However, it is not affected by Plasma damage consoles and it is available for use on builds using any other energy type. Those other energy types can effectively run three Omnis if you include the KCB. The only option for three Omnis on a plasma build involves spending 200 Lobi, which is my point.

    submitted by /u/Mmm_Cheez
    [link] [comments]

    TOS toon or DSC toon for the most authentic Donnie experience?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    Hi, long time reader, first time (I think!) poster. I recently grabbed a MW Discovery Constitution-class from the exchange, and would be grateful for some thoughts on which character to open it on.

    Some context: my two main characters (one TNG, one TOS) both already have Temporal Light Cruiser Connies (and one has a Kelvin version too), so to spread the lockbox ships around I'm thinking of opening on another character. Question is: which character era would offer a more authentic experience with the Donnie? The TOS toons get the sounds, whereas the DSC toons get the new series FX.

    For those of you fortunate enough to have tried a Donnie on both, which would you recommend opening it on? Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Gilmorril
    [link] [comments]

    The Warriors of the Empire have engaged the Borg

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    New player here, have some questions!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:46 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a new STO player. I just started playing; I'm around 10 hours in and really enjoying it so far. I'm playing the TOS faction of the federation as I really love that era of the show and also the '60s aesthetics. I've finished the tutorial part of the beginning, but haven't reached the part yet where you get transported to the 25th century (I've been reading a few guides online, so even though I've avoided spoilers, I know of that particular plot point). I'm currently on the "Tangled Webs" mission, just before "The Battle of Caleb IV". I just have a few questions about some things that confuse me. Like I said, I just started playing, so apologies in advance if some of these questions are really basic:

    1) When equipping weapons on my toons, officers and ships, there are some items that are listed in green text. As far as I can tell, these are always Uncommon Items. Am I right in assuming that Green text = Uncommon Items, or is there some other meaning to it?

    2) When I click on certain items to equip them, it asks me if I am sure I want to equip that item, as doing so will bind the item and I wont be able to trade it. Does that matter this early in the game, or should I go ahead and bind the items. If it doesn't matter, then which items should I watch out for in the future so as to not bind them needlessly?

    3) After the last mission I completed (Return to Babel) I was awarded with a Bridge Officer (I chose the Vulcan Male Tactical Officer). When I got him, I also got the option of whether to use him right away or to keep him for later. Just wondering what the purpose would be to keep him for later? In any case, that's what I chose, so now under "Stations" I can see "You have 1 Bridge Officer Candidates" where I can choose Commission, More Details, Create Manual, or Dismiss. I understand that Commission means he will be added to my crew, but what would be the purpose of Dismissing him? Also, the option "Create Manual" says that this makes the officer create a manual after which he is dismissed. What is this for, and when would I need to use something like this?

    4) I read somewhere that once the mission "The Battle of Caleb IV" is completed, my character will be transported to the 25th century and I will no longer have access to 23rd century weapons, ships and things like that. I also read that to get around this problem, it is advised to leave one character in the 23rd century, so I can then use him to send 23rd century items to my character in the 25th century. Since I love the TOS era aesthetic, I want to do this, but I'm not sure how exactly... does it mean leave one of my bridge officers behind, or do I need to create another 23rd century captain toon and use him to send the items through something called the "account bank"? I'm not sure how this works or where the account bank is accessed from.

    5) In the Ship status window, I found the little pencil icon that lets you change the name and registry number of your ship. As far as I can see, this doesn't cost anything. Is only the first change free, or is it always free? I want to be sure before I make any changes!

    Thanks for reading! Any help would be most appreciated. Live long and prosper!

    submitted by /u/kai_kartos
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favorite ships of the last few years, and why?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    As I contemplate what my next ship will be, I'm curious as to what everyone is flying these days, and why they are enjoying it? The last time I got a new ship (Jem Hadar Vanguard), ViL had just released and it's still my main. I still love flying it as a full beam ship. Not too sluggish, or too zippy, handles just right with lots of dps power and good survivability to boot. Granted, it's an older ship now, I realize, and I'm sure is nowhere near the meta. The Qugh looks like a beast and that's probably the next one I'll grab, but I haven't yet decided, hence this post.

    submitted by /u/Callahandy
    [link] [comments]

    32c. Phaser difference question

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    The Federation 32c. phasers give either 2.5% recharge time redux with 1% per sec for 20 secs OR 5% initial with 0.5% for 20 secs. It seems like the math is way better for the first one, giving a total of 22.5% reduction in time vs 15% total. I know procs generally aren't valued, but looking at these, why are the 5%/0.5% ones way more on the exchange?

    submitted by /u/arkhammer
    [link] [comments]

    what is the best romulan cruiser for dps

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    energy weps plz

    submitted by /u/ChinaIsWestTaiwan1
    [link] [comments]

    USS Asaph Hall NCC-1494-D

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    BOFF I'd Like to... proves Orion seduction is no joke.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    Which has been your favourite expansion - Also comment below on your least favourite

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Someone shared their Starliner, the Mauretania, here is my Starliner Lusitania.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    Jem Hadar crew stations issue. Does anyone know how i can use all the stations and not have to chose? Thanks!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Which T6 Science ship

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    So me and a small group of two other people are planning on doing a runthrough of STO together. Im a semi experienced player(on PS4 i had a Lvl 65 Romulan with a full Iconian Resistance space set and full antiproton build on a Faeht with Epic+ MK XIV Dual Heavy Antiproton cannons. Switching over to PC though I lost everything includi g purchased ships and wonder what a good Starfleet Science vessel will be. My friends are rolling Tactical and Engineering. I am heavily considering a Palatine Multi Mission explorer since it has a Hangar Bay(i like Carrier gameplay) and can load Dual Cannons whilst having good science seating and consoles. I wouldnt mind trying to run a Beamboat though. Would you have any suggestions? The Caitian Aspero carrier also looks cool but seems more Engineering focused.

    submitted by /u/SharkWolf2019
    [link] [comments]

    What should I select from the Infinity Prize Pack - T5 Ship

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    what ship is the best deal?

    submitted by /u/RujulGamer25
    [link] [comments]

    Would you support figures from "Star Trek: Online" being featured in the new line of Star Trek action figures? If yes, what characters from the game - or STO versions of characters from Trek TV series - would best represent the game itself, both from an aesthetic and narrative POV?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    If you answered yes, please post your choices in the comments below.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MojaveJoe1992
    [link] [comments]

    What is the draw to and benefit of recruitment events?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    Why are recruitment events so popular? The only one I ever participated in was the Gamma event when ViL launched. I leveled my JH toon to 65, and recall mostly just getting dil and marks. Granted I didn't do everything in the transponder list of tasks, but the event never really pulled me in. Do I have to do everything in the task list to get the greatest rewards? Understandable if so, but its a very large time commitment if that is indeed the case. So what is the draw? What am I missing?

    With that said, I'd love to experience more of the recruitment events. and based on their popularity and the amount of money they probably generate for Cryptic with people buying things for their alts, why don't they always have a recruitment event going and just cycle through them? I'd definitely want to make more alts if they did that.

    submitted by /u/Callahandy
    [link] [comments]

    How fast are tribbles born?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    I needed to make 5 Kelvin and one Risian tribbles for my younger character. I took 6 regular tribbles, 5 Kelvin drinks and one Mojito, all ingredients according to the recipe. I began to wait for the Tribbles to appear. In my past experience of growing Tribbles, I have found that it takes one hour of online time. I was engaged in various activities (Dance party, two patrols, training officers, etc.), half an hour after the start of the reproduction cycle, I discovered that the Kelivin Tribbles had already been born, and the Risian one still had not. I took five more Kelvin drinks and continued my chores.Half an hour later, I finally received one Risian Tribble and five more Kelvin Tribbles. In this regard, there is a question: do different types of tribbles have different time of birth from the beginning of the growing procedure, or are some other factors influencing reproduction? I was leaving Risa during the waiting time, could this have influenced the birth of the Risian Tribble? Have a nice day🙂

    submitted by /u/Deanna_Dark_FA
    [link] [comments]

    Consolidated beam weapons?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    Anyone else kinda want a beam weapon that is a single mostly continuous beam instead of graphics vomit?

    Something that gains DPS and power drain over time with each additional beam, but really only shoots one beam at the mob?

    submitted by /u/frans42000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment