• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 18, 2021

    Star Trek Online PSA: upgrading with character bound tokens make EVERY item character bound

    Star Trek Online PSA: upgrading with character bound tokens make EVERY item character bound


    PSA: upgrading with character bound tokens make EVERY item character bound

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    PSA: upgrading with character bound tokens make EVERY item character bound

    For example: when you have a toon with plenty of Romulan Republic Universal Tech Upgrade token (from admirality), so you just plan to upgrade your account bound favorite weapon with it.... it will make it character bound :(

    Support aware of this, they claim this is work as intended so no support / refund / anything from them.

    Update: https://www.reddit.com/user/pr0n-thr0waway/ below tried to reproduce, and he didn't encounter such phenomenon. It might happen it was actually a bug in my case what was incorectly explained by the GM solving my ticket.

    https://preview.redd.it/l5ssvepekyt61.png?width=875&format=png&auto=webp&s=14a79f73c962fbc171277efaeec1d46e55ac9b8a

    https://preview.redd.it/qvrazk9ukyt61.png?width=818&format=png&auto=webp&s=26d2c1f0ed8df699d50d38bc2cf80e4bb9160a8e

    submitted by /u/lammaer
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn't Cryptic legally obligated to release lockbox odds?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 04:41 AM PDT

    I was watching a video for an unrelated game (Genshin Impact) and the commentator mentioned that the company was legally obligated to release the odds for the game's Gacha mechanic. We see that Magic Legends, also has visible odds, and most newer games seem to have odds available (and some older games do as well).

    Does anyone know why Cryptic doesn't with STO?

    submitted by /u/79215185-1feb-44c5
    [link] [comments]

    Praise for Azure Nebula Rescue!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:45 PM PDT

    I think there is some general agreement that the update to ANR has been pretty great, and I know the devs lurk in this thread. I know this might already be a thread, but if anyone else wants to add their voice to the convo, it might be worht it for updates to other queues in the future.

    I was so pleased with the update. And, it's been popping a lot on the random TFO selector. And, I don't mind! The points requirements are lower, the spawns are no longer screwing us (can't remember the last time I saw a Falchion in there before this week), and the rewards for completion are much more aligned with the time and effort spent. Not to mention the visual update looks really good and the repositioned traps are interesting. More of this, please! I hope they see a lot of praise so it encourages more updates to old queues.

    Also, Vault Ensnared got an update as well, and overall it's been good as well, for similar reasons.

    submitted by /u/DrGrabAss
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry for asking but are the personal traits are bugged again? ������

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    I recognized it while leveling up my delta the personal space traits are empty after ever log in/out or ship change.

    Everyone else recognized?

    Ps: loadouts are saved

    Edit: thanks for downvoting? 🤷🏻‍♂️

    submitted by /u/mah100bu
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else struggling to find the motivation to play?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    So I'm a lifetime Subscriber, and I've been playing pretty consistently since I started just before Legacy of Romulus launched, but over the last year especially I've really struggled with any motivation to play this game.

    I think over the last year I've only really played the mission drops. I left the summer and winter events last year unfinished. I never unlocked the Temer with the anniversary grind. I paid to complete the ship events last year but I haven't spent the token (or the one from the previous year), and I haven't even logged in to do the First Contact event, which is one I usually love.

    I just think the constant grind and microtransaction FOMO that this game is pushing has worn me out. I have zero interest in grinding new characters, especially when missions taken out to be updated two years ago are still missing, and so much content overlaps the factions. It's a shame as I love this game when it's great, but right now it just isn't, and I'm not sure it has been for a while.

    I'm just hoping the current story arc finishes soon, so that we can move away from has been years of subpar content (not because it's Discovery - I like Discovery, but J'Ula has been terribly written so far, and I have no interest in helping her. I'm glad to see L'Rell return however), and onto more content hopefully featuring more characters from the 25th Century setting - maybe with some returning Picard or Lower Decks cast members (Captain Boimler anyone? Or one of Rios' many holograms?), But even then unless the grindy events go I think I may be done with this game except for story drops, and with the money and time I've invested over the years thats actually heartbreaking....

    submitted by /u/garhdo
    [link] [comments]

    Revisiting the Mutara Nebula

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    Oh, for God's Sake!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    Next ZEN Store faction-ships / and new episodes

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    Is it time for a bunch of new ships in the Z-store this month or May? Usually they release something in that timeframe half-yearly, right?

    Maybe some 32th century ships coming with a new lockbox and a few new episodes?

    Would be great. Because of covid they dont release upcoming content anymore. :(

    submitted by /u/mcmarty83
    [link] [comments]

    Delta Quadrant arc has Patrols again???

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Seriously? I thought they got rid of the patrols in the missions list when they raised the level cap. Why are these now a requirement?

    submitted by /u/NX-09
    [link] [comments]

    Reclutamento nuovi ufficiali

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Flotta stellare italiana "Italian Star Empire" cerca nuovi giocatori per tutte le attività del gioco.

    Siamo una giovane flotta ma con abbastanza giocatori attivi. Se qualcuno vuole unirsi a noi contattatemi su discord. [ITAS] CommanderBovo#6561

    Grazie per l'attenzione! Ambasciatore di flotta Lodovico.

    submitted by /u/Lodovicussss
    [link] [comments]

    I am sorry Tholians....

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    For the butt whooping you received from me today in Azure Nebula.

    See last time we met in combat you kicked my butt and the rear end off other players,today was different tables where reversed and i got to focus on helping the Team out,as well as blowing your ships to kingdom come.

    Untill we meet again in RA Event.

    Honorable mention to my Bio-Molecular Guns for putting out 1986 Phaser DPS,onwards to 2000 DPS.

    submitted by /u/RoseFlowerPrincess
    [link] [comments]

    Westin appreciation post (for updated cutscenes) ��

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Cutscenes, both intro and outro, are updated to modern Westin standards.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/mnbqps/ten_forward_weekly_07042021_delta_recruits/

    Replaying through the older missions on a new character, it is awesome to see the updated cutscenes. Just wanted to say kudos to Westin on a job well done! 😍

    submitted by /u/JackSparrowJive
    [link] [comments]

    Ramming/kamikaze build.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    I know about the ramming speed ability, but is there any other way to do ramming damage? What could i do to make a build where i use my ship as a really big torpedo, kamikaze style?

    submitted by /u/aFancyPirate
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    New ... I'm just winging it at the moment if anyone can give any tips .... only lv35 and it's just pecking my head. I just dont know what I should be doing .... shame because I bloody love this stuff ... I just need a point in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/Lv99Wizardtoucher
    [link] [comments]

    Just lost 2k zen, bug?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    Just lost 2k zen, bug?

    So, strange thing just happened came across this ship and the price was listed as -, clicked it and got the confirm purchase free. Clicked that and poof goes 2k zen and I didn't even get anything. :(

    https://preview.redd.it/8zsdlhdtett61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=92579477312c5813105a6b7d235e84974447575d

    submitted by /u/ofalltheshitiveseen
    [link] [comments]

    Delta Recruit Icon Missing

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    So I rolled a Federation Delta Recruit the other day, things are going well with it and I have no issues. However, after 20 levels I decided I would at least get the KDF and Rom recruits rolled up. I made the Romulan one then the KDF one but when I logged out to get back onto the Fed Recruit I noticed that neither the Rom not KDF recruits have the Delta symbol next to their name on the log-in screen. I made sure I even got the device from the two character's future selves but still nothing. Any idea if it just shows up later, maybe after all of the tutorial missions or is this a bug?

    submitted by /u/arcbolt13
    [link] [comments]

    Rom/Fed Tailor bug?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    Trying to see if it is just me or widespread...

    Made a Rom Delta recruit and went Fed for faction but I have KDF Uniform unlocks.

    Is this a new normal I was unaware of?

    Is anyone else getting this?

    Is it a bug?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/MontjoyOnew
    [link] [comments]

    U.S.S. Voyager Admiralty card not account-wide?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    How come?

    submitted by /u/WoodyManic
    [link] [comments]

    Revamped "Days of Doom" live on XBox (and probably Playstation)!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    It's largely the same - just with a pretty new nebula in the background and different enemies, but the rest of it is the same.

    Go check it out!

    submitted by /u/The_Trekspert
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I'm new to the game and have a weird question for anyone willing to answer it. I'm trying to see how well my computer runs this game in different areas and was wondering what you would consider the most graphically intense area of the game to be. I don't know if the newer areas are more graphically intense or not but I would hate to be chugging along, enjoying the game and then get to a point where my framerate plummets. I've travelled to DS9 because I read somewhere that it messes with people's framerates and it did with me for sure but as a hub I don't mind all that much. My last computer died on me and I'm trying to wait until this chip shortage ends and prices come back down to try to rebuild it so I'm working with an Alienware laptop that runs it pretty well overall so far with Lighting 2.0 disabled and shadows turned down to medium. Anyone have any suggestions on what areas to test out to see how it will do? Any advice on getting more frames other than the obvious of lower graphical settings? I read somewhere that Direct X 9 does better so I tried the command line in Steam but I can't really tell if it has done anything. The options menu still shows a grayed out DX11, so..

    Anyway. Rambling a bit because I'm sleep deprived but any advice, suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Vaurok
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment