• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Star Trek Online Hey Cryptic! Can we have the USS Curry? :)

    Star Trek Online Hey Cryptic! Can we have the USS Curry? :)


    Hey Cryptic! Can we have the USS Curry? :)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:34 AM PST

    T6 Sabre request. I love this design!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:45 PM PST

    Coming Soon.... Need a challenge? Join up with our new themed Fleet Hazard Team (Concept brought in by Matt Johnson ). Check www.srs-fleet.net and https://www.srs-fleet.net/hazardteam for details

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:14 AM PST

    First screenshot since playing the beta. We’ve come a long way.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:43 PM PST

    Which ship are you piloting into 2021?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:42 AM PST

    What is the main ship you are piloting into 2021?

    For me, surprisingly, it's La Sirena Heavy Raider. When I was watching Star Trek Picard, I didn't care much about the show or the ship. When it was announced it's coming to our beloved STO, I didn't care either. I wasn't interested flying a small ship, whit only four BOFF seats. Even there are two commander seats. Then, I grabbed one from the exchange last week. I am having a lot of fun with this little ship. Armed with Ba'ul antiproton dual beams, it cuts enemies into pieces. It's also one of those ships where I didn't change hull material or colour. I am not using any vanity shield. I love the red colour, I even like the shape of the ship now.

    I am definitely sticking to La Sirena for a while. I might switch to T'liss Legendary Light Intel Warbird which I am using as a main torpedo both. Or to Verne Temporal Science Vessel with Ba'ul vanity shield for some science magic. It mainly I'll still be flying my La Sirena.

    submitted by /u/FilipChA
    [link] [comments]

    More Noob Questions

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:51 AM PST

    Just got to level 15 and i have more "getting my bearings" questions:

    1. R&D. Whats the point of this? I figured out the duty roster assignments. Put em to work to grind rewards. But this? I take all the random ore and gas and metals and what not and use it to fabricate stuff right - but why would i fabricate stuff this way? What should i be fabricating and why?

    2. Tour the galaxy. So i realize that i'm a WAYS off from being to complete this but if i do it each day i will get some kind of reward for my pathetic effort right? Then when i get to like level 50 i should be able to think about completing right?

    3. Inventory. Should i be buying more slots to hold more stuff? Can i get them without zen? Is this worth trading dilithium into zen to expand on?

    4. What are the daily grind stuff i should be doing?

    5. Any personal tips that you personally think every noob should know?

    I'm mostly enjoying this game so far. Trying to focus on the fact that this is exactly the game i wish i could have had when i was a kid in the 80's/90's and not let the "it feels like a second job" complexity overwhelm me as i'm sure that with more time it will all become second nature.

    EDIT* - Complete NOOB to all MMORPG's. please give answers like you are talking to a 5 year old and don't assume that i understand all your references and acronyms.

    submitted by /u/Hoss-Drone
    [link] [comments]

    Mirror Bundle, just a short question. Do u guys think thats a good offer??

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Previous event ships idea

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:20 AM PST

    Like many among you, I'm currently running the winter event after finishing the ship for the additional daily dil reward. This got me thinking that right now we get a new ship for every event, but the previous ships are mostly just available once and forgotten. Some made it to the phoenix boxes or Mudd's market, but others are simply unobtainable. Given that the underlying idea of the ship is to get us to log in every day, why not give us the option to go for a previous event ship after finishing the new one. So doing the event 20 times will get you the new ship, doing it an additional 5 or 10 times gives you a choice box of previous event ships or a dil reward (or something else).

    submitted by /u/AddictArts
    [link] [comments]

    Unified event currency next year, please.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:57 PM PST

    There's not really any reason to have so many different things needed for one item. Especially when the drops are as unbalanced as they are. It's like saying I need to pay specifically with five singles, eight quarters, two nickels and a penny. We have debit cards now. Payment apps on phones that work at POS terminals. I think Q can stand to get with the times and condense all those ornaments into some singular type of token.

    And it's not just about having to grind for more than one thing. It means more than one thing to take more than one inventory space. I mean, I get it. It's a metaphor for how much the Christmas season costs everyone, right? Time, money, and real estate.

    submitted by /u/cromkaygo
    [link] [comments]

    Two my ships.... with her own counterpart each other.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:40 AM PST

    EV Suit - Your fav or the best

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:02 AM PST

    I'm tired of my solanae free ev. Money is no issue, which is EV is your favorite or which do you feel is the best?

    submitted by /u/Dredmoore1
    [link] [comments]

    I made a desktop wallpaper

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:32 PM PST

    How long(ish) does it typically take for a ship to appear on Mudd's?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:41 PM PST

    I'd really like to acquire the Khitomer, but don't expect to be able to for quite a while (if ever). Generally, how long does it take for a ship/item/whatever to make the transition from exclusive->Mudd?

    submitted by /u/AerisGardens
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any active RP fleets?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:21 AM PST

    I'm aware that there's an STO RP website, but it seems very dead. Still, the number of detailed bios I see in game gives me some hope that an RP community persists. Are there any RP fleets out there?

    submitted by /u/AerisGardens
    [link] [comments]

    Dancing Elachi-B-Gone

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Are the Elachi stalkers driving you to rage gaming? Or are the dancing Elachi just getting you down or just frankly creeping you out? Look no further than your own inventory! Take out a pet and Elachi-B-Gone in the blink of an eye!

    This is a quick and painless solution (although shooting them would've been fun.)

    submitted by /u/Gater_Vapor
    [link] [comments]

    Next free ship?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:48 PM PST

    I got an Elite Services pack code last week and have been going through the posts here and a lot of youtube videos since then to get a better idea of the game. So far, it looks great!

    I created my account today morning and finished a couple of episodes. My first character is a tactical captain. Looks like I'm going to miss the event ship that is running now. When is the next event ship expected? Are the projects to complete them similar to the current event?

    submitted by /u/DallasTrekGeek
    [link] [comments]

    STO "Ships of the Line" pre-launch website

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:33 PM PST

    In the pre-launch days, there used to be a "Ships of the Line" website with screenshots and short videos of each ship class. Does that STO site still exist somewhere? After all, the Internet never forgets.

    submitted by /u/Potential_Ad5058
    [link] [comments]

    Where about in Q's winter wonderland do I claim the new Gok'Tad Carrier?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:42 AM PST

    I don't know where to claim the new carrier

    submitted by /u/Alcatraz2048
    [link] [comments]

    A Headcanon

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:04 PM PST

    I wanted to post some concept art but Reddit has weird image rules for posting.

    Just got into STO and gotta say it's an absolute blast. Similar in gameplay to SWTOR, a number of people have actually mistaken the two at a cursory glance. However what STO lacks in polish it seems to make up for in a ridiculous amount of (if not sometimes repetitive) things to do.

    You ever wanted to get a commission and immediately drop everything for RnR on Risa? Do it. Want to wage a one ship war against the Borg Collective for the battle of Wolf-359? Do it.

    My Commander came to be from the first engagements of Starfleet against the Borg. I head cannoned the events of 359 and some of First Contact to fit the tutorial's narrative.

    Replace Admiral whoever with Archer and you've got yourself the basis of the story. Also for temporal reasons unknown every graduate in Starfleet was trained by the same guy from 2364 onward, apparently.

    Been a blast so far. Say what you will but I may very well stick to my Constitution class until it's sorely outgunned.

    submitted by /u/AnonHypester429
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to skip "Engineered for War?"

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:05 PM PST

    So since I just bought the LTS a few weeks ago, I have a few character slots I haven't filled yet. Thought I'd create a couple Jem'Hadar dilithium miners for the weekend. However, It's not giving me the option to skip the tutorial, and can't skip the introductory missions from the mission log. Is it possible to go straight to faction choosing so I can use them this weekend?

    submitted by /u/ScubaTrek
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment