• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Star Trek Online If STO makes a USS Cerritos, California-class, ship I’d really like a cartoonish skin for it.

    Star Trek Online If STO makes a USS Cerritos, California-class, ship I’d really like a cartoonish skin for it.


    If STO makes a USS Cerritos, California-class, ship I’d really like a cartoonish skin for it.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    I was asked to post a cheap but strong build for new players. Here is the result! [Total cost: 66k Dil, <5m EC, 45k DPS]

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    Couldn’t figure out why I loved the Odyssey so much until it hit me. It looks startlingly similar to my favorite aquatic animal, the Whale Shark! Do you have a favorite ship for an odd reason?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    My favorite moment from the Measure of Morality part 2 mission

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Reman Boffs in Rock Band Tees

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Now this is my kind of dance party

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    ISA Statistics (100 Runs)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    ISA Statistics (100 Runs)

    I wanted to know what kind of damage an "average" player does in ISA, so I decided to log the numbers from 100 runs (seemed like a reasonable sample size) and calculate some statistics.

    This is not a representation of the game's overall "average" player, only those who run Infected: The Conduit (Advanced) and, presumably, those who run Advanced TFOs in general. ISA is frequently used for benchmarking DPS as it is short, static, and has no time gates.

    Methodology:

    • I only recorded scores for ISAs where I queued by myself, to avoid stacking the deck with pre-made teams and potentially influencing the scores of random players that way.
    • I queued more or less evenly across all 36 of my characters, in order to avoid unduly influencing the results by always buffing the team like crazy with my best characters.
    • I ran with every conceivable type of build except full mine builds, and with each of the three captain careers (Tactical, Engineering, Science), again to avoid unduly influencing the results.
    • No names were recorded for the random players. They were assigned as "Rando 1," "Rando 2," etc, based on whether they were the top scoring rando in the group, the second top scoring rando, etc.
    • The recorded numbers and averages are only for the random players, and do not include my score.

    Here are the results:

    https://preview.redd.it/fp5e4wdqssg51.png?width=200&format=png&auto=webp&s=e2699e9de16e0013c4e5dc687fd73242cc8d5b6d

    And the full recorded scores for all 100 runs:

    https://preview.redd.it/u7yr5x5ussg51.png?width=454&format=png&auto=webp&s=be68773ae8f184bede3fa96b66dcafca423a330f

    If anyone with a statistics background wants access to the numbers to further analyze (or correct my analysis), or create graphs, charts, etc, let me know and I can upload a copy to Google Drive and share a link here.

    I am open to widening the sample size by running another 100 and adding those results to these.

    Hope this information is helpful or at least interesting!

    submitted by /u/AdmiralAucka
    [link] [comments]

    23rd Century Engineers Orbital Strike massive oversight?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Anyone whose been playing this game long enough remembers way back in the day when KDF Engineer (yes they exist) players (and eventually Romulan's when they were added) used Orbital Strike a Phaser beam would strike wherever it was you were aiming.

    It wasn't long before this was 'fixed' so that KDF Engineer's instead got a Disruptor strike and Romulan's got Plasma, each matching their factions typical weaponry.

    Then, with the Delta Expansion we fought Voth who had the Voth AntiProton Orbital Strike.

    I must confess not to having made a Jem'Hadar engineer so I don't know if they have a Polaron orbital strike.

    This is all well and fine, especially in the case of Romulan's who retain a Plasma orbital strike regardless of their decision to join Federation or KDF in the storyline.

    Problem is, the 23rd Century faction still has the modern phaser orbital strike, rather than those glorious blue beams.

    Funny thing is, I've been playing this game for almost 9 years now, but it only occurred to me after watching 'A Piece of the Action' last night that the only orbital strike we ever really saw on screen was from TOS phasers.

    Given that Romulan players get to keep their Plasma strike even after joining Federation or KDF, and that both Romulan's and KDF orbital strikes were changed from initially being Phasers I thought this was something that could be brought up and played around with. What do you guys think? Should 23rd century Federation players have the blue phasers?

    submitted by /u/Kenju22
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone own the Georgiou Class? I stumbled upon it while doing some research. I know it was released during the Age of Discovery season 9 but I was away from the game during that time and I have not seen it anywhere in game unless it covered by a different skin.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    How would I maximize the chance of mutating my tropical bird?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Besides using the best science DOFFs I have, are there certain combinations that up the odds of a prettier pet?

    submitted by /u/Fronk-Ferengi
    [link] [comments]

    The Infinity Promo Packs have returned on all platforms this weekend! Purchase one of these special R&D or Duty Officer packs for a chance at a T6 ship, like the Constitution Class or La Sirena!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Nice little Rush reference doing the artifact hunt on Risa

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Do I get extra Favors for hunting down a Horga'hn in a completely different medium?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I love it when a plan comes (mostly) together.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    New Player - What are the multiplayer elements in the game?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    I was planning to try the game out. I'm a huge Trek fan, and also MMO fan. After watching a few YouTube reviews I could not find much info on the online aspects of the game.

    Does this game have other player interactions? Everything seems single player story driven. What are the MMO elements?

    submitted by /u/SnakePlissken__
    [link] [comments]

    Infinity Promo Packs Return!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Infinity Promo Packs Return!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Is anyone having the old 'Server not responding.' routine today on console? First time I've ever dropped out on the XBOX version? Normally I'd expect that from the PC one.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Would you server on a NX Class starship?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    PC Patch Notes for 8/13/20

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Can’t discard or open kit module reward pack

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Stuck rnd/kit module box. Not able to open or delete

    So on my new jem'hadar kdf aligned tac toon received a reward pack from a mission. It says it's a kit module but the image is a rnd reward pack. Anyway I can't open it I can't delete. I honestly can't even remember which mission it came from I know it came from the first arc of the Klingon arc.screen shots

    submitted by /u/Jordanomega1
    [link] [comments]

    What Ground ability is the Triangle visual?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    Junior Officer and R&D Weekend!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Uniform Request - TOS Cadet

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Uniform Request - TOS Cadet

    We have a wide selection of 23rd Century clothing in STO, but one we don't have is the shiny grey with stripes Starfleet Academy jacket from TOS.

    I can give my cadet BOFFs a regualy grey uniform, but it just doesn't have the texture and pattern of the proper one :(

    https://preview.redd.it/whe7j8qazkg51.jpg?width=697&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=08ae3892e491c56a5e28f68ed0e62c4a75daa131

    https://preview.redd.it/woarf0z8zkg51.jpg?width=360&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7e0ad61092fcb888b058589f7710b84d9e211dfc

    submitted by /u/Freemind62
    [link] [comments]

    Why are resonating secondary deflectors such utter garbage?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    It seems weird to me resonating deflectors are so awful. Did cryptic forget some 0's or something? The healing buff is outclassed by literally everything and the shield buff is negligible.

    Given that there's 3 (technically 4) types of secdefs in the game I can't believe that they'd leave one completely useless for so long.

    Does anyone actually use these? Am I missing something major? Or are they really that bad?

    submitted by /u/refugeeinaudacity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment