• Breaking News

    Monday, July 6, 2020

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday!

    Let's get the week started with another question megathread.

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Lately, we added a Megathread post flair for these. Now you'll be able to click on that flair and be taken to all of the past threads (as soon as I can update all of them).

    Stay safe out there and happy flying!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    I spent so long wondering if I could, I never stopped to consider if I should, I present the Federation Bird of Prey.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Emergency MACO Hologram

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    this guy is still on ds9

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    I will never tire of those eyes

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Atlas Dreadnought reporting for duty!

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Am I doing Star Trek Lower Decks right? ��

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Like 200k Dilithium later... (also sorry for res)

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Thanks to the ZEN sale, grinding dilithium and the £30 XBOX birthday voucher I had saved for a few months! I've spent a total of £45 of my own money to finally get the 19,500 ZEN I need for when they hopefully drop the Legendary Fed Bundle on console alongside the Romulan one this month!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    How about an "Animated Look" vanity shield to celebrate Lower Decks?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Just wondering if/when the account unlocked personnel is going to be fixed?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    When it launched things showed as account unlocks but instead charged people zen.

    Then the patch notes said that was fixed but the account unlocks were removed and now shows a zen cost.

    So just wondering if this incredible and overdue QoL feature is going to be working properly anytime soon /u/ambassadorkael

    submitted by /u/neok182
    [link] [comments]

    Til now, I never realized how diverse of an actor that Jeffrey Combs is! (just started watching a show called "The 4400" and saw that he plays the character "Kevin Burkoff" on the show- raaaaw talent, man!)

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    The One Thing That Must Be Addressed In Episode 3

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Overall, I really like how Khitomer Discord swerved the story, but there's a huge issue left hanging that makes the ending feel flimsy.

    The whole "because Jmpok says so" literally holds no water whatsoever.

    Here's why: we've already done this 60 years ago!

    Episode 3 MUST address the sensor logs from the ships in orbit. There was a freaking fleet witnessing the attack. The player ship. Martok's ship. The other KDF ships. The Kor.

    Even the AFS Khitomer doesn't have a damn excuse since they were in the system too.

    60+ years ago, the Intrepid (with Worf's adoptive father on board) wasn't even near Khitomer and recorded the whole attack by the Romulans.

    The ending is like Jmpok holding a gun and saying "you did it, you shot the store clerk" meanwhile a crowd of people are recording him with camera phones.

    Aside from Koren being dumb as rocks like always, the fact Kagren just goes "uhhhh, ok I guess you're bad now" is so annoying.

    At least on the Fed side, Shon is written properly for a Starfleet captain and leads you to believe they'll actually seek some evidence.

    submitted by /u/MuddsTreasure
    [link] [comments]

    Typo in description for Assault Formation Theta. Should be Weapon Critical Damage

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    This we do not forgive.. OR forget.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Is STO going to be in Next Gen?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Looking for a confirmed response, not rumour of hearsay

    submitted by /u/Profplujm
    [link] [comments]

    Guessing the green bars are the Hanger Pets’ health, what’s the yellow ones?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Red Angel needs a Red Bull

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    What's the best space map to take pictures of ships?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    I was wanting to capture images of a bunch of my different ships using various materials and shield visuals and I wanted to know where people usually take the best looking pics of their ships.

    submitted by /u/vegeta50023
    [link] [comments]

    What’s happening with unaligned Romulans?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Just curious.

    With the last patch, something has been changed with how the game views characters; old Klingon alts needed to replay the first post-tutorial assignment to access endgame content, while TOS characters still in the 23rd century have lost access to TFOs completely. So for those who have unaligned Roms, has there been a similar effect?

    submitted by /u/staq16
    [link] [comments]

    Dominion - what fraction to join ?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Hey!
    Thank you for your previous replies.

    I have the possibility to create a Dominion character. It seems great as it starts at lvl 60 right away - with better ship and eq ;)
    I did their initial missions and now I need to choose which faction to join.
    I do not have ANY preferences. I play this game for 2 days - I have lvl 12 TOS character (their tutorial stage took me back to my childhood time ) and lvl 9 Klingon. I did 2 group content fleet missions (even related) on TOS character - mainly tried to orient myself around as people there just annihilated enemies :)

    Is FED side more populated? Is it easier to play as FED? Have more choices of aesthetics?

    I have read in the old thread that claims by joining KDF side a dominium character receives all Fed related "(...) a lot of ship traits without having to grind for them because they were Fed exclusive. (...) "

    I have found an old thread but do not know what's still relevant from it... :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8ql00l/need_help_deciding_jemhadar_fed_or_kdf/

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MrsMacio
    [link] [comments]

    J'Ula's character arc at the end of The Khitomer Discord reeks of cosplay of past Trek character. I've seen how this story will end!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    No Auto-Hail = No Mission Wrappers?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    As I prefer to play somewhat all missions in chronological order, I have turned the annoying auto-hail off by now.

    I can't remember weeks ago if I still had auto-hail on when I played on Fed side that I received the mission-wrapper "Task Force Operations: Cardassian Struggle" where you must play one of two Terran Empire TFOs after the last "The New Link" mission link of the "Cardassian Struggle" chapter.

    Now on KDF side (L65), I didn't see/receive this mission wrapper for the Terran TFOs anymore after "New Link". There seems to be no way to manually start/hail these wrappers somewhere.

    I can't remember if these wrappers were part of the journal or not in the past. Only the gamepedia gives a clue about these. I only still see "Romulan Minefield" on a Romulan character in the "From the Ashes chapter" as wrapper.

    Are these wrappers removed now? Is it rather recommended to keep auto-hail then? I know this isn't really that critical to go on with the story-missions alone, but at least you got an invitation to a TFO knowing this one belongs to that chapter. Without gamepedia, I'd be totaly lost without a good overview.

    submitted by /u/Jackorider
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment