• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 1, 2019

    Star Trek Online Weekend Megathread - your weekendly "all Star Trek" thread

    Star Trek Online Weekend Megathread - your weekendly "all Star Trek" thread


    Weekend Megathread - your weekendly "all Star Trek" thread

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:57 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekend!!

    Against all odds (and a bit late), Saturday has finally arrived. Let's kick it off with another weekend "anything goes" thread.

    On the weekends, we've been replacing the weekly question thread with a general Star Trek discussion thread. I love everyone's focus and commitment to keep talking about STO and by all means, continue to do so here.

    But also know, you can use this as your outlet for everything Star Trek.

    Example 1

    Example B

    Example iii

    A few points of note:

    • In this thread, and this thread only, most of Rule 2 is suspended. Posted personal information is still not allowed at anytime within this community.

    • All other rules remain in place and will be enforced.

    • I am still aware weekendly is not a word.

    Happy chatting!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    What ho

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:02 PM PST

    Which captain is more fun - Science or Engineering for Starfleet?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:00 AM PST

    I'm a lifetime subscriber, but have been away from the game since before the Discovery stuff came out. Previously I had a science captain but am thinking of starting over fresh.

    What's generally more fun to play presently? I'm not looking for which is the most OP, I'm looking for which currently has a nice variety of skills/abilities/fun playstyle.

    I was thinking possibly an Engineer captain but fly a science ship if the science boff powers are good these days. How do sci boff powers hold up currently?

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/christianlittle
    [link] [comments]

    U.S.S. Lexington [4K]

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:33 PM PST

    Schematics... what use are they if I can already craft the item?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:28 AM PST

    I picked up some schematics during The Vault. Now I'm not sure what to do with them, especially as I can already craft these items. I've read the STOpedia page, but it's not clear (at least to me) specifically how they can be used. I am tempted to just sell them to an NPC vendor to at least get some EC for them and get them out of my bank.

    Can someone enlighten me as to how I should use them to get the most out of them?

    submitted by /u/pr0n-thr0waway
    [link] [comments]

    My captains and music that fits them. Let's see yours!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:19 AM PST

    Should the dilithium refinement cap be raised?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:13 AM PST

    I've got two characters I'm focusing on nowadays, my Starfleet main which I've had for years and Gamma Recruit which I basically restarted with this event rerun.

    On each of these characters, I've got about 300k dilithium just sitting there, waiting to be refined. I still regularly use dilithium for a lot of things, fleet donations and purchases from the fleet, reputation projects and stores, etc., so I constantly have to wait days at a time to get certain things that require more of it. Not to mention the occasional Phoenix event, where I spend at least 200k flat out to get a stockpile of upgrades.

    So, what is the point of the 8k daily refinement restriction at this point? There are people with literally dozens of characters who do nothing but accumulate and refine dilithium to avoid this process, something which I definitely don't have the time to maintain, and the rest of us just have to make due with so little despite it never being addressed since the earliest days of the game.

    I'd like to hear people's opinions on raising the cap, let's say up to 20k or 25k, perhaps even more.

    submitted by /u/ODST_Parker
    [link] [comments]

    Elder Malik'itan unlock

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:10 AM PST

    I didn't see this mentioned before, but how many times can one account unlock the Epic duty officer, Elder Malik'itan. I was curious if anyone that has completed the duty officer portion of the gamma recruit for one character, has been able to unlock him again with second different gamma recruit character. I figured accounts would be able to do that since they nerf'd the bonus from 20% to 10%.

    submitted by /u/yankstraveler
    [link] [comments]

    Dilithium items for Energy Credits on the market

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:16 AM PST

    Hey Guys

    I have been farming up some dil and mining, i was wondering if there's any items that you can buy with dil and then sell on the marketplace for EC profit.

    I am trying to gain EC

    submitted by /u/natsukirei
    [link] [comments]

    OMG they jacked Mudd store prices

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:33 AM PST

    I check the store every few days just for S&G, and a lot of those items TRIPLED, yes, TRIPLED in price! Who the **** is going to pay $60 for Beacon of Kahless or the Dino with frickin laser beams? Have they lost their minds?!?

    submitted by /u/IMissSWG
    [link] [comments]

    Romulan ship bundles

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:44 PM PST

    Okay so stupid question: Do federation characters gain ability to use starship traits from warbird dreadnoughts? I mean, I know a Federation character can fly Romulan ships, I just not certain about how starship traits will work.

    submitted by /u/Wookie77777
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a small fleet

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:56 PM PST

    I own an Xbox online gaming Community called NoFx Gaming Community. We are all mostly CoD. I want to expand into other games. A few of my members play STO as do I. So I am looking for a Fleet to join that would be interested in joining a Gaming Community.

    I run a discord that's all set up . We have many people to network with, we have a Facebook Group.

    Or if I can't find a fleet. I am looking for people who would be interested in joining and helping build a new Fleet.

    Looking for people 16 years of age and older only.

    submitted by /u/NGC_Valis
    [link] [comments]

    Where on E̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ Qo'Nos is a Ferasan Requisition Form!?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:47 PM PST

    Hey there! First time player and it will probably be obvious with this question, because I'm deeply confused on what on earth Qo'Nos I'm doing! hah, puns, running jokes, h e l p So, I'm trying to get myself a crew going. I have one slot left open (the previous was taken up by a Borg Officer who I got from the Zen Store), and I'm really gunning to have a Ferasan officer for that slot. So I bought one from the Zen Store, and I'm told I have to go to the requisitions officer to officiate the deal.

    No problem!

    So right now I'm at the dude and he's telling me, even though I literally just bought the ability to have these guys, with actual money, I can't have one, because I don't have a requisitions form. And I'm a bit confused here. I checked back to the page on the Zen store, but all it can let me do is look at screenshots, buy again, and tells me "Hey go talk to the relevant officer", but he's not wanting to let me get anyone.

    What am I missing here besides obviously the form, because I'm terribly lost? And I should also note, I'm on the PS4, if that should be relevant at all.

    submitted by /u/GhostKaiju
    [link] [comments]

    Brother didn't receive T6 coupon from second chance.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:59 PM PST

    Hello everyone. My brother doesn't get to play as much as a lot of players do. So he missed out on the last T6 ship coupon. Today, he purchased the "Second Chance" from the previous event. It cost 2,070 Zen to get the coupon. However, the coupon didn't appear, and he doesn't have the discount or an option to select the coupon.

    I saw before that others have had problems with the second chance coupon, but thought the devs have fixed the issues with them not being credited to the players like they are supposed to. We put a ticket in for this in the game. But I know that there have also been a TON of complaints with them not responding to them for a long time, or not at all.

    Does anyone know of a way to contact their customer care, and get this taken care of? And it can be frustrating to spend over $20 worth of Zen for something, and not get it. Especially when you don't have many chances to play the game.

    Thanks,

    Razar.

    submitted by /u/Razar1
    [link] [comments]

    ESD invasion, then nothing

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:36 PM PST

    I was flying around doing nothing in my sexy Yorktown class starship and a message flashed across the top of the screen speaking of an invasion. It counted down to zero and nothing happened. What's this supposed to be?

    submitted by /u/CreativeUsername20
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid Question: SOrry if this has been asked before but what do you do with Zen store ships youve gotten Fleet versions of?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:06 PM PST

    I have a full bank and not sure what to do?

    submitted by /u/TheAwesomeRan
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if the Universe Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser will ever be available again. I want that ship lol and I started playing after it was available.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:59 PM PST

    Some account-unlocks not showing up. Bug? New restrictions?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:26 PM PST

    I made a new KDF-aligned Rom and just unlocked the Events tab at level 10, allowing me to reclaim rewards. But some items are missing, like the Bajor Defense core - which I unlocked during the anniversary event and have claimed on my other characters. The KDF DS9 Pack reclaim is also unavailable for this character.

    Is this a bug or a feature?

    submitted by /u/sethandtheswan
    [link] [comments]

    Playable Borg with own Story Arc

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:51 PM PST

    This might sound really dumb but am I alone in thinking that there should be a playable Borg with its own story Arc and faction? I'm fairly new in STO (6 months playing) but it would be nice to have that. There's the Borg missions and some stuff with the Cooperative but I'd like more meat and lore. The Borg were such a huge part of Star Trek that I feel this game deserves. However, I do understand that Cryptic isn't that massive of a developer so I see their limitations. Maybe it's a pipedream, who knows. Just my lowly 2 cents.

    Carry on!

    submitted by /u/BioHazard869
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment