• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Welcome to Monday!

    Let's get the week going with another question megathread!

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related! PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here!

    Happy flying and happy holidays!!

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    The constitution class

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 04:41 AM PST

    Anyone else feel the same when doing TFOs?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:18 PM PST

    Fek'Ihri Fe'rang Shield Visuals

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:05 PM PST

    Winter Soldiers [4K]

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:31 PM PST

    STO balance issues, my view and points on power creep and runaway dps numbers.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 10:46 AM PST

    We all know that some people get all their fun from STO not from a Star Trek fantasy, or even being Star Trek fans, but from crunching numbers and making min maxed builds which might not make any sense from a lore standpoint but pump out completely unbelievable dps numbers, and they do love seeing big numbers and things explode as soon as a weapon as much as comes within 5km of the enemy.

    This isn't wrong per se, fun is different for different people, however it presents an issue with the current state of the game. Let's look at the average player who often struggles to pull 10 or 20k in an ISA. Is it fair or balanced that the top players are doing 100k or even sometimes 300k dps while they can barely pull their weight? No, and it's not a good environment to foster fun either.

    This issue is caused by many many factors, some of them being the game not teaching its own mechanics or being misleading about them, also the game does not reward building according to lore, it actually at the moment rewards the opposite much more.

    In addition to this, Cryptic/PWE has shown no interest in nerfing anything overpowered if said item is something people paid a lot of money for in fear of losing their "Whales" (The reason why catering to whales is bad business and ultimately doomed to fail is a discussion for another time)

    I do not support nerfs if said nerfs will impact the majority of players, especially if the impact is negative which is usually is.
    I do however, support making it harder to do whatever it is which allows people to gain DPS numbers far more than what is needed to do even the hardest most "elite" content in the game. We have people who can literally run HSE by themselves alone in a few minutes, while most players cant even kill a single sphere in that TFO.

    The massive disparity in player power is ruining the game and a disparity that large is a bad thing in any game. Some way must be found to close the gap somewhat. It could involve nerfing whatever gives the 100k+ dps people so much dps, or buffing the ways of building used by more novice players which keeps them below 20k dps, I dont care so much how it's done.

    It must be done for the sake of the longevity of the game however, one way or another.

    Discuss- IN A CIVILIZED WAY or Q will show up and put you on trial for being savage debaters. nobody wants that.

    submitted by /u/ZeeTrek
    [link] [comments]

    STO's - The 7th Fleet

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 10:35 AM PST

    STO's - The 7th Fleet

    The 7th Fleet has been an active fleet since March of 2009 (before game launch). We are currently taking members of all types Tacticle, Science and Engineering. We have a KDF sister fleet - the 7th ITS, but the application process to join is done through the 7th Fleet website - www.fleet7.com - look for (Upper left column):

    https://preview.redd.it/ywhia7vmff641.png?width=400&format=png&auto=webp&s=04a6aaf359ff649344461912ecd9fec7f5f8e605

    Our current command hirarchy is:

    https://preview.redd.it/j6etpj5fef641.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cbcf3ce8c8ab417e8b789a695a97652a0208ee4

    https://preview.redd.it/wdbszkvgef641.png?width=601&format=png&auto=webp&s=c75b8248ce3e91b0969b8fe9e34a88ac1887f878

    VADM JT Kerry, FLT COMMS

    submitted by /u/jtkerry
    [link] [comments]

    Best reputation ground set

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 06:43 AM PST

    I'm currently working on the Delta alliance ground set but before I go too far with it which is the best rep ground set?

    submitted by /u/Ieatpauls
    [link] [comments]

    why not make the map instances larger?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 09:58 AM PST

    im told their is a lot players still on Sto, yet it has the feeling of a dying game, you dont bump into many people. at least compared to before. yet the queues are filled pretty quickly and chat is still lively at times.

    then at earth space dock, i tried to change instance, and i saw 10 or more instances full of players and a good number of half full ones. then i saw the limit is set to 20 players per instance.

    i went around all the social hubs in STO and found its the same everywhere. so why not increase the instance size.
    i miss the chaos of party balloons, hooters and disco-balls everywhere, and crowds around the exchange.

    making the instances so small is silly, it makes the game feel desolate and dead.

    submitted by /u/Captain_caveman1
    [link] [comments]

    442 - Picard, Tarantino, and Andre Emerson | Priority One: A Roddenberry Star Trek Podcast

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 09:26 AM PST

    Am I the only one who loves being the middle of a chaotic space battle with all hell breaking loose?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:07 PM PST

    Elite Starter Pack Giveaway

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 06:18 AM PST

    Hello I have a code for an Elite Starter pack. First person to DM me will receive the code. I would post the code here but I am afraid bots will steal it.

    EDIT:

    /u/KnightIT has claimed code

    submitted by /u/skobbokels
    [link] [comments]

    Multipurpose Energy consoles

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:06 AM PST

    I have a Plasma distribution manafold mk 13 UR. It gives me +9 energy to weapons but I have other consoles I want to put on but I really need the energy level. Are there any consoles out there that give you + weapon energy level and also does something else?

    submitted by /u/Ieatpauls
    [link] [comments]

    Gagarin/Shepard visuals?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 07:07 AM PST

    Hello there! I ligthly looked around to see if there are pictures of T6 Shepard/Gagarin with most of the visuals.

    submitted by /u/TheProky
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding Continuity..

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 07:57 AM PST

    Discovery Season 3 will make a significant time jump to the future and Picard will slowly lead up to the same future. One in which Starfleet has become somewhat of a shadow of it's former self. With that said, will STO pursue that narrative or will we be apart of our own continuity? This community and game has already written it's own history; it would be a shame if it was all rewritten for the sake of becoming a poor gimmick..

    submitted by /u/pharaoh1701
    [link] [comments]

    Infinity box T6 Help

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:32 PM PST

    Hello Fellow STO people. I come before you with a question. I have been saving EC for some time in order to purchase a Disco Connie, however my main source of income was crafting upgrades and that is now mostly dead. Then lightning struck and I opened an Infinity lock box and got a T6 ship reward. Their are several ships I would like that I could get, but flipping a ship could get me much closer to the 1 billion plus EC for the Disco Connie. I don't want to blow this chance as it seems very rare, but what would be a ship that will sell and sell for a good price? I glanced at the exchange and it seems that the Benthan Assault Cruiser and the Miradon Raider could fetch between 700 and 900 million EC if they sell. Are people willing to pay this or are these sellers off the mark? Any guidance would be most welcome.

    submitted by /u/McConaughey1984
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get different ships in Phoenix Box please?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 04:55 AM PST

    Much like the capital gains tax, I only formed an opinion on the Epic prizes once I actually became affected by it.

    To my amazement I actually won an epic prize yesterday. I was absolutely excited (still am) but then kinda bummed to see the only ships in the epic prizes are previous event ships, the majority I already have.

    Now, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but man oh man would I love to have that disco ship. Or even hey, could you stick some ship/ground sets into a single package for epic prizes?

    Just my two cents on the matter.

    I'm sitting in my token for now, contemplating the Bajor interceptor but am happily flying my pimped out Gargarin t6, so am in no hurry to switch (besides my awesome Russian Corvette would be my second go to).

    submitted by /u/yrockwhenucanroll
    [link] [comments]

    I did some testing with the Lost Souls of Grethor (No consoles/traits/duty officers)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 05:02 PM PST

    How to stop "Ready Starship" from swapping old ships' gear over?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:42 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I just unlocked my Fe'rang Dreadnought Carrier, and took about 20 minutes longer than I needed to when it came to setting up my consoles, weapons, etc. Why? When I pressed my "Ready Starship" button, it swapped all the gear from my Vo'Quv to my Fe'rang and I had to spend forever to take items off and re-add them onto the old ship.

    How do I disable this? I poked around Google for a bit and it seems like this process is known as "Simple Ship Transition", but what if I don't want that? It's a massive pain to deal with every time I ready a new starship, and I'd much prefer to not have the old ship's gear automatically equip to the new ship.

    submitted by /u/legofansrule
    [link] [comments]

    what ship to choose

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:10 PM PST

    what ship to choose

    Hey Guys,

    i just got a T6-Promotional Ship Choice Pack and i can't really decide what ship i should pick. sooo i need a bit advice.

    i'm currently building a disruptor beam setup on a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier [T6]. I dont have many "special" consoles yet, so i'm pretty free to decide.

    What ship would you recommend for a 'mainly' dps build? i thought about the vaadwaur miracle worker juggernaut or elachi sheshar command dreadnought. or should i just get the ship whats most ec worth and sell it?

    My current build:

    https://preview.redd.it/0jsovtr3s8641.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=06b297df31b0720eecbb76d150902fff2ef059c0

    submitted by /u/AcrimEx
    [link] [comments]

    DPS builds and calculations

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:38 PM PST

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jr1fWnxsYwBG77i3tOzTxhBUD485YbCs

    One of my favorite builds, but I know it's not a DPS monster (and yes the phasers do hurt my ears sometimes).

    I'm not a PVP player, and while I've been around for a while now (5ish years or more), I've never paid attention to DPS.

    Most of my builds are themed to suit the ship, but I'm wondering now, what sort of tricks are there that are 'generic' for boosting DPS and how do you calculate it? I'm assuming some sort of external plugin or a ship builder site?

    EDIT: Sorry, I tried to upload the picture directly, but it didn't show up.

    submitted by /u/Loremaster-RMikk
    [link] [comments]

    Mudd's Market has "T6 Starship Coupon Gift [3]" again

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:53 PM PST

    I bought it last time it was on sale. Anyone else seeing it in the C-Store/Mudd's Market again too?

    submitted by /u/StarCitizen2
    [link] [comments]

    Fiery entrance problem

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:05 PM PST

    So fiery entrance is not working with narrow sensor bands.

    Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/Freonfreak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment