• Breaking News

    Monday, March 29, 2021

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Star Trek Online Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread


    Monday Megathread - your weekly "dumb question" thread

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    Welcome to Monday and a new question megathread!

    Post all the questions you may have about anything STO-related. PC? Console? Everyone's welcome to post their questions here.

    Two last minute questions hit the previous thread which I'll include below.

    Stay safe out there and happy flying.

    -Talon

    submitted by /u/Talon_at_Middie
    [link] [comments]

    My b'rel tricobalt mines for your enjoyment

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:34 AM PDT

    My favorite discover era klingon ship, which funny enough, I've never seen anyone else piloting. I.K.S. Lom qa'taj (ghost knife)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    Do other platforms have this bug?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    I have debated whether or not to share this bug in open public and to the community because of the possible effects it may have. My purpose in sharing it is to reach out for help to a solution and verify it's existence on all the other platforms. I am on PS4 and we have a way to be unkillable. You'll be able to 5v1 or 15v1 in PVP and win. You'll only need 2 things for survival and go all out damage without a tank for high dps.

    It works like this, slot Temp Op as your primary specialization and Lost in Time starship trait off the legendary Ambassador. Then take off as much defense and healing as possible, the idea is to get Continuity to proc with Lost in Time. If it does the game engine spazzes out and you'll remain unkillable.

    We really need a solution for this, you cant do anything about it once it triggers, not even SubNuke will strip it.

    This had made PVP on PS4 totally unplayable and irredeemable.

    submitted by /u/G-from-210
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone care about Extend Shields anymore?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Coming back from last playing in 2013 means that mechanics and mindsets have changed a hell of a lot. I've started a Eng character as I was a Tac before, getting used to the game again and learning the "new" post 50 mechanics when I get there, probably in about a week or so.

    Many Tank builds are DPS based, sure, I get that. Many MMORPGs have skewed in that direction over the years as power creep for DPS classes just keeps going up and up.

    But, having played a few Tanks for many years in FFXI, I am still a "Tank" at heart: a shield for others.

    So, Extend Shields used to be a Engs bread and butter back then, but now classes focus on their own healing, right? No Tank builds seem to include the skill.

    While I am playing 99% solo (not sure if I want to get into Team PVE again) I will want the skill somewhere to switch in when needed, assuming people give a damn anymore.

    I'll probably make the manual, but need to see if I want to use or sell.

    Anyway, not sure if here or STOBuilds would be better to ask, but thought I'd post here.

    submitted by /u/KashouWannabe
    [link] [comments]

    So, my guy from 8 years ago has one or two data samples.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    Ground Weapon with melee as secondary?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Just building out my Disco KDF and wanted an energy ground weapon that has a melee secondary (stab 'em when they get close).

    Does such a beast exist?

    submitted by /u/Dredmoore1
    [link] [comments]

    Mudd is offering his Wormhole Bundle to Captains on Console starting April 1st!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    Link is broken on the tweet.

    submitted by /u/stfu_Morn
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to disable Fleet invites? XBOX

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    Is there a way? Because I'm getting a little fed up of getting random fleet invites, it seems when ever some one in a fleet see's that I'm not in a fleet they send me an invite which i usually reject and they just send me another one or two. I only really play STO online solo or with my BF and have no interest in joining a fleet, can I block fleet invites or would I better of putting in my Toons bio 'Please do not send random fleet invites, I'm not interested in joining a fleet'.

    submitted by /u/DaharMasterDahohta
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Fabrication Eng Doff Question

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Bought a Doff for the RSP duration, even with a empty Space Roster it states that I can only have one active at a time.

    This is happening with a few types of Doff, what is the matter? Does anyone know?

    If it matters, I am level 34 currently.

    submitted by /u/KashouWannabe
    [link] [comments]

    Yeah... Saw that coming...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    Iconian War semi spoilers ahead so if haven't played that yet. Don't read.

    Your fault if you keep reading.

    Sela. Sela. Sela... I totally saw that coming.

    Wtf is wrong with her. I got it. Hell even the Klingon sort of figured it out. I knew how, why, what all that. WAY before even going back to Iconia. How could she not see that it was her.

    Ignorant blind fool.

    If only they had let you kill that B.... But then I guess that would mess up the timeline even more who knows.

    Very well done episode tho. Had a very cinematic feel to it. The ending especially.

    submitted by /u/KushSmoker420821
    [link] [comments]

    I finally get the SQUAMUS joke.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Squamous, from squamata, literally means covered in scales.
    Add Enormous and a liberal use of CAPS, you've got a funny and smart name.

    The little things in this game really get me somethings.

    submitted by /u/WoodyManic
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me make my toon look like me?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 11:22 PM PDT

    Im really terrible with this sort of thing, and I'm trying to make my captain look as much like me as possible, as well as my first officer look as much like my girlfriend as possible and was wondering if someone could help me out?

    submitted by /u/CaptainQuirky
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the return of the 10th-anniversary pack?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    The name of the pack suggests it would only be around the 10th anniversary of the game because obviously anniversaries pass but there were 10 ships in that pack with exclusive traits, cosmetic options, and the fact some of the ships are made readily available which are normally not an easy find (ie the t6 tos constitution), so I ask today what are your thoughts on the possibility of its return?

    (Note: I was gone from the game when this pack was released, if there is a confirmation on whether it will come back or not please let me know and I will take down my post)

    submitted by /u/frono108
    [link] [comments]

    Help me out,

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    So i got 30 bucks to buy 3000 Zen so i can get a ship I wanted from the ship vendors. I decided to buy 6 fleet ship modules so i can use 5 of them and sell the remaining one on the Exchange, except it turned out that buying fleet ships counts as fleet provisioned stores and now i have 6 modules and no way to spend them. How can get my ZEN back and get a regular T6 ship instead?

    submitted by /u/ThanosCopter6969
    [link] [comments]

    Next lockbox? The 32nd century lockbox?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:29 AM PDT

    Maybe with a miracle worker USS DISCOVERY?

    What are your thoughts, what will they put in it? And when could it be released?

    submitted by /u/mcmarty83
    [link] [comments]

    Bug? Camera following target

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    It seems that after the last update the camera view is following the target even though I have had it shut off. It is quite annoying for one, and 2nd if I'm flying to the next target or just trying to find the next one. Is there a setting I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/nauticalfiesta
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment